~ RR PRerelease ~ Milford MA ~ Nov 7

PokeMeBob

ex Team Rocket Returns
PRERELEASE

MILFORD, MA​

WHEN: Sunday, November 7

START TIME: 11:00 AM

REGISTRATION FEE: $20

WHERE: TJ Collectibles, 160 Main Street, Milford, MA. Plenty of free parking behind the store.

FORMAT: Sealed Deck - you will be given 6 booster packs of ex Team Rocket Returns and all the basic energy you need to make a 40 card deck. Remember to bring your damage counters. For more information visit the Pokemon website at www.pokemon-tcg.com.

PRIZES: the top 3 finishers in the 15 and up age group and the 14 and under age group will receive the following prizes:
1st place - box Team Rocket Returns
2nd place - ½ box Team Rocket Returns​
3rd place - 9 packs Team Rocket Returns​

Everyone else who does not finish in the top three will receive an additional 4 booster packs of Team Rocket Returns. In addition, winners in the 15+, 11-14, and 10 and under will each receive a special POP enameled pin. Everyone who registers will also receive 2 POP Series 1 promo packs.

RAFFLE: Everyone who registers for the main tournament will automatically be entered into the raffle for kewl Pokemon items.

SIDE EVENTS: We will also hold a second sealed deck tournament after the main tournament is completed. Entry fee is $20. Prizes for the second tournament will be:
1st - box ~ 2nd - ½ box ~ 3rd - 9 packs ~ 4th - 6 packs ~ 5th - 3 packs
PLUS, everyone finishing in the top third of the second tournament is guaranteed a prize!

:clap: Hope to see you on November 7th at THE place to play Pokemon in New England - TJ Collectibles!:clap:

Last edited:
Great job on the tournament bob. 2 tournmants with a shot at a box and 1 with a trophy. Its gonna be cool to be back at TJ's. I know me,LuMaga1 and darkash will be there. Johnnyblaze and the crew sadely wont be there due to a Marvel VS Qualifier.

See ya on the 7th.

Thanks for the heads-up Bob! I'll let everyone at our league know the details this week. Hopefully we'll get a great turnout! I love the new prize structure, it allows for the "average, inept player" (as was posted on another thread) such as myself, to get rewarded with more packs just for participating! TJ's is always a fun time, now we get more packs too! Anyone know if there will be prerelease cards anymore, or just the POP Series 1 packs? See everyone there!

GL Mo said:
Thanks for the heads-up Bob! I'll let everyone at our league know the details this week. Hopefully we'll get a great turnout! I love the new prize structure, it allows for the "average, inept player" (as was posted on another thread) such as myself, to get rewarded with more packs just for participating! TJ's is always a fun time, now we get more packs too! Anyone know if there will be prerelease cards anymore, or just the POP Series 1 packs? See everyone there!

On the pokemon website they said there will be a prerelease promo along with the pop packs. :) Nintendo wants to keep with tradition :D

Last edited:
By the way, the ADDITIONAL prizes of a box, 1/2 box, etc. are not provided by POP, but were added by TJs to support the loyal Pokemon players at the store. So, thank Tom for the uber awesome prize support!

Last edited:
I will make an effort to be there this time! And i'll be sure to have extra money after the West Springfield one. :p

Well i have told our etire leauge and got confirmations that atleast 8 players will be there and maybe a new player will join the prerelease frey but thats unconfirmed. Hope this does get alot of support. :)

FireFighter095ReBorn said:
Well i have told our etire leauge and got confirmations that atleast 8 players will be there and maybe a new player will join the prerelease frey but thats unconfirmed. Hope this does get alot of support. :)
That's awesome! Keep up the great work. See you all at the prerelease.

Ill probably be going. But that'l be my first time up there! I wanted to before but never did. Well who evers going see ya there!

O and pokemebob that sounds familar. I got an Email on my Yahoo account was that you. Cause it reminded me of The TRR prerelease in Mass. And it said to come well if u can PM if u did. Im confused :confused:

gdog121 said:
O and pokemebob that sounds familar. I got an Email on my Yahoo account was that you. Cause it reminded me of The TRR prerelease in Mass. And it said to come well if u can PM if u did. Im confused :confused:
Yup, that's me spamming you guys with flyers for the upcoming prerelease.

Bob

Last edited:
And don't forget, if you're in the area Saturday evening, we are holding a draft tournament with the ORIGINAL Team Rocket cards. Who knows, maybe you'll pull a rare Dragonite error card in your draft set! See the tournament post in the tournaments' section.

:D

damm i wish we were closer to mass for that fun time. Ohh well we wont be coming down till early sunday morning. We got yet another player for this prerelease bob. see ya sunday! :D

Prize Update

TJs Team Rocket Returns Prerelease Raffle Prize Update......
Pokemon 3-Ring Binder
Framed Targed 4-Card Set
Pokemon Johto League Champions VHS Tape
Bulbasaur & Squirtle Plush
2 Pokemon Metal Deckboxes
Team Aqua Theme Deck
Fire Red/Leaf Green Calculators
Charmander Card Binder
Bulbasaur Card Binder
2 Groudon & Blastoise World Championship Card Binders
Jumbo Multi Energy
Jumbo Oran Berry
Entei Box Topper
Signed Prerelease Wartortle by Mitsuhiro Arita

AND.....:D

Everyone who signs up for the second sealed deck Super BattleZone Tournament will receive a promo #17 Dark Persian.

can't wait till sunday, it's gonna be fun. nat's also gonna come this time

and the dark persian promos i'm happy about, in need of it out of the old promos

Just noticed something:
PRIZES: the top 3 finishers in the 15 and up age group and the 14 and under age group will receive the following prizes:
Does this mean there will be only prizes for those 2 groups, or does that mean that's just what groups we'll play in, but prizes will go out to all 3 groups, like what has happened in the past? LMK Bob, if you can, or I'll just see you tomorrow!

~Chu

Magnechu said:
Just noticed something:

Does this mean there will be only prizes for those 2 groups, or does that mean that's just what groups we'll play in, but prizes will go out to all 3 groups, like what has happened in the past? LMK Bob, if you can, or I'll just see you tomorrow!

~Chu
The additional prize support of a box, 1/2 box, etc. is being provided by TJs and will be awarded to the top finishers in 2 age groups: 15 and up and 14 and under. There are no POP prizes except pins from POP for the top finishers.

We'll be running age-separated Swiss, with the 15+ and 14 and under ages playing in separate tournaments. There is a possibility of haveing a separate age group for the 10 and under to play in IF we have enough players in that age group. Otherwise, they will play with the 11-14 group as usual.

PokeMeBob said:
TJs Team Rocket Returns Prerelease Raffle Prize Update......
Pokemon 3-Ring Binder
Framed Targed 4-Card Set
Pokemon Johto League Champions VHS Tape
Bulbasaur & Squirtle Plush
2 Pokemon Metal Deckboxes
Team Aqua Theme Deck
Fire Red/Leaf Green Calculators
Charmander Card Binder
Bulbasaur Card Binder
2 Groudon & Blastoise World Championship Card Binders
Jumbo Multi Energy
Jumbo Oran Berry
Entei Box Topper
Signed Prerelease Wartortle by Mitsuhiro Arita

AND.....:D

Everyone who signs up for the second sealed deck Super BattleZone Tournament will receive a promo #17 Dark Persian.

Da... i mean Geez bob,you and tom dont kid around when you give prizes and support for the palyers. These are way over the top in what i expected for milford. The extra support for top finishers plus the persian for participants of the 2nd tournmant and then a HUGE raffle after the nintendo prerelease cut back. Wow this is a great day for pokemon when 1 TO and 1 store owner gives out SOOOOOO MUCHHHHHH STUFFF!!!!! I cant wait till tomorrow when we all get there and see the great stuff. I love TJ'S tournaments and this is one reason ill never miss a TJ'S premier tournament. :D :thumb: :D :thumb: :D :thumb: :D :thumb:

Last edited:
Back