Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rs remakes - omega ruby & alpha sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the TCG, will this be like the EX series where even Firered and Leafgreen never got rebranded, or will this be like Heartgold and Soulsilver and the TCG sets are rebranded as HS sets, while the sets in the same generation were Diamond and Pearl, or Platinum?

What I am saying is, will the sets in November 2014 or February 2015 onwards be OmegaRuby AlphaSapphire sets, or will they continue to use the XY name?

I didn't expect this to come out this soon though.

For the TCG, we might get another Legendary Treasures Kalos Starter sets in our hands because the VG is in sync with Japan, while the TCG isn't. I wonder what the theme decks might be? Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert perhaps? February 2015 theme deck would probably be Groudon and Kyogre.

The Japanese first omegaruby alphasapphire set will most likely be released in December, if they do rebrand their sets. Unlike Kalos Starter Sets, there isn't any cards released unless Japan decides to do a hoenn beginning set.

The international release for ENTIRE FULL SETS, will NEVER be before the release date of the Japanese FULL SET.

It is better not to force a set to come out that has something to do with the release of a video game.

If Japan does not release anything between Rising Fist and the first OmegaRuby Alpha Sapphire set, this is a great time to sync up the sets with the Japanese releases, which means, rather than releasing sets in February, May, August, and December, release them in March, June, September, and December instead, like how Japan does it. If sets have to be released in February, May, August, and November, just suck it up, and have a 2 month gap between the release of the video game, and the release of the TCG, becasue doing a repeat of Kalos Starter set and Legendary Treasures isn't guaranteed this time around.

Japan is releasing Rising Fist in June, as if they are trying to space out the months equally, rather than in July, as if they are inviting the international TCG people to sync up the sets.

So long as TPCi doesn't make full sets from scratch like what WOTC does with MTG, then they have no control over when cards will come out, and is in the hands of TPC japan. You can't release something that doesn't exist, unless you make it yourself.

If Japan and TPCi decide to keep the XY brand, and not use the OmegaRuby Alpha Sapphire brand on their TCG products, then what I said doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
If they change to ORAS for TCG, we should get XY3 (Rising Fist) in August, while Japan gets XY4 in September, then ORAS1 in December. We'd then get XY4 in November and ORAS1 in February. Not out of the realm of ordinary.

It would be interesting to see if ORAS results in changes to game mechanics and also changes to the card design like HGSS, or if it's another expansion that doesn't add dramatic changes to the game like the old EX Fire Red/Leaf Green expansion. My guess is that it would be the latter; recall that the Fire Red/Leaf Green games were released before Emerald version, while HGSS was released after Platinum. There is still more to the XY generation to explore; the "third version" (i.e., the equivalent to Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum/BWII) hasn't been released yet for this generation, so dramatically changing the card game may be premature (but not unprecedented, though).

If they change to ORAS for TCG, we should get XY3 (Rising Fist) in August, while Japan gets XY4 in September, then ORAS1 in December. We'd then get XY4 in November and ORAS1 in February. Not out of the realm of ordinary.

If you look at November 2013 and February 2014, we got a BW set and an XY set respectively. I am thinking something similar will happen the year after that, and we get some sort of Hoenn starter set, but what if Japan does not make a ORAS beginning set? What if there are no ORAS cards until the first Japanese ORAS set released in December? There is one thing that could say that there is an ORAS beginning set, and that is the National beginning set released close to the release of Freeze Bolt Cold Flare, which is equivalent to Boundaries crossed.

Having 3 or 4 XY sets is kind of too short, or small, or whatever, so I am thinking they will do 4 or 5 ORAS sets, and then go to the Z name. The thing with being skeptical about the February 2015 ORAS set release is that TPCi loves to release sets one month after the video game release. They must learn not to force these kinds of things, and I do wish that they could have made legendary treasures theme decks, with the kalos starter sets, rather than making no theme decks for legendary treasures. For the November 2014 set theme decks, I just don't know what will happen.

I'll point out that the first XY set came out in February, months after the VG.

There's no way Japan will have a drought between June and (if they altered the schedule) November. There will be one more XY set between now and then. I'm not sure what's complicated about the fact that they simply need to release that new XY set in November. No beginnings set necessary for November.

Additionally, I think it's a tossup as to whether or not core mechanics will be altered. There were no changes in XY (except the inclusion of megas). That could be because they knew this was coming.

I'm pretty stoked about this since my fav pokemon game will always be the first one I played - Sapphire. Before I even tried any of the electronic games I was more into the trading card game way back when, but once I finally got into the games, I went back to play the others afterward. Hopefully this will be a cool addition to the pokemon universe.

I'll point out that the first XY set came out in February, months after the VG.

There's no way Japan will have a drought between June and (if they altered the schedule) November. There will be one more XY set between now and then. I'm not sure what's complicated about the fact that they simply need to release that new XY set in November. No beginnings set necessary for November.

Additionally, I think it's a tossup as to whether or not core mechanics will be altered. There were no changes in XY (except the inclusion of megas). That could be because they knew this was coming.

If what you said were true, we would have had Legendary treasures theme decks, and not Kalos starter sets. TPCi wants a TCG release related to the video games as close to the release of the video games as close as possible, which is why we got the Kalos Starter set. This time, I am not so sure, as there may or may not be ORAS cards released by November 2014 in Japan to be released internationally. What I am getting at is that Legendary Treasures should have had theme decks, and that TPCi shouldn't force a set to be released to coincide with a VG release.

I think there should be a hard rule that every set must have 2 theme decks minimum. Legendary Treasures broke that rule. I am kind of sour over the fact that Legendary Treasures never had theme decks, and what we got instead didn't follow the theme deck construction rules that existed since HS Undaunted theme decks, that is, exactly 18 energy, 4 rares, 1 holo rare, around 7 evolutionary lines. If there had to be a "kalos starter set" instead of "legendary treasures theme decks", they could have followed the theme deck construction rules, rather than be lazy and stuff 2 beginning set half decks together and called it a deck. What I am getting at, is that they could have mixed in legendary treasures cards and still have the 3 starters in them. I hope that if they MUST release something related to ORAS, leave it as box sets and tins, and don't touch the main set and associated theme decks. If they have to touch the set's associated theme decks, in this case XY4's theme decks, make them contain XY4 cards, with the cover cards being some brand new ORAS promo cards or something.

Also when I post a reply, why is it repeated twice? I had to edit this reply to remove the repeat of what I said above.

Last edited:
So in the TCG, will this be like the EX series where even Firered and Leafgreen never got rebranded, or will this be like Heartgold and Soulsilver and the TCG sets are rebranded as HS sets, while the sets in the same generation were Diamond and Pearl, or Platinum?

I'd be surprised if they changed from the name of the main games of the generation so soon.

Ehh no worries mate.
Just here is TCG News and Gossip.

I'm curious if we will see a lack of XY sets and move straight into ORAS next year.

It would probably be 4 XY sets in 2014, 4 ORAS sets in 2015, and February 2016 would be the first Z set, depending if we are getting Pokemon Z in the end of 2015 or not.

.....Not sure what you mean by "rebrand-ing" but I doubt they'd change that much. FR/LG wasn't a huge step up from Red and Blue - just improved.

EDIT: were you talking about the video game or the trading card game? ???Confused.

The TCG set name's prefixes.

Neo, Platinum, XY, etc.

---

Come to think of it I really hope that this gives us the fresh layout change that XY didn't. The lack of that and any real new SR variants could have been held back for the fairly quick introduction of OR/AS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back