Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ruling Question.

TOMZ

Hi.

What is the best way to solve a problem that arises when a body is ignored? (i.e. the owner of the card forgot about it).

Situation A:
I have Azelf MT, Uxie LA, Mesprit LA on my bench, and an active Luxray GL Lv.X. I KO my opponent's active Palkia G by attacking. Then, on his turn, my opponent sends a Toxicroak G (promo) and tries to attack with only one Psychic Energy and Energy Gain. An illegal attack. But, I totally forget about my Azelf MT's PokeBody. So, I just let him KO my Luxray G Lv.X, and discard it. My opponent just draws a prize and says nothing. Next turn, I send another pokemon, draw a card, and THEN I realize that it was an illegal attack. So he could never KO my Luxray. What happens then? Rewind everything as it was before the attack? Continue playing as if never happened anything? A penalty for me? For my opponent? For both?

Situation B:
My opponent has a Nidoqueen MD on his bench, and some damaged pokemons too. But, he sometimes forgets to heal his pokemon. Should I reminder him? Is his responsability? What happens if I get a KO that I shouldn't have got if he had heal his pokemon? His fault or mine?

Thanks in advance.

A: Call a judge. A judge should decide how rewindable a situation is, and also what the penalty is for the incorrect play. We can't answer for how a specific judge will resolve a situation like this.

B: Yes, you should remind him! Mandatory actions are mandatory. It is BOTH players' responsibility to maintain the game state. As for the rest of your question, again that gets into how a specific judge might resolve the situation and falls outside of what we can answer in this forum.

Back