Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Running leagues at Boys/Girls Club

chrataxe

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am heading out of town this weekend and was looking for a league since I will be gone for about 2 weeks. While searching, I ran across a league that was held at the B/G Club. I once thought about trying to get a league going at our local one, but passed on the idea. When I got to looking into it, it seemed like bad idea. I know part of the agreement for LO is that it has to be in a "public" place. I'm not entirely sure what that is defined as technically, but I do know that the BGC make volunteers undergo background checks (no different than P!P), but I figured that with their intention of protection the children, how would that limit people to come and go "freely," thus making me question whether or not it was "technically" considered a public place. What I mean is, if I have a 22 year old college student that is only a player and not a LL, can he play?

Anyway, just curious what those that do run leagues in these places think about the situation as a whole. I live in a sister city type of area. I live in one City and have my league in another. So, I am considering starting a league in my town. And, the BGC is one of my best options if I do pursue it.

Back