Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

S-i-t-h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
I have been testing some strong decks, including Ludicolo and Delcatty, over my easter break. However, that's not what I'm posting about! I'm hear to talk about how i've improved one of my most favorite creation through the help of these:

Super
Inventive
TecH

aka STITCH (yeah the old name was great =x). The goal of one of Pokemon TCG's most insane decks ever made is to play straight 1-1 lines of some of the strongest stage 1's out there, and through my testing of ludicolo (a magcargo user), and delcatty (scramble energy user), I've found some obvious-and not-so obvious-ways to fix this wonderful deck:

Episode 3: revenge of the SITH

Pokemon (19):
4 Dunsparce
2 Slugma (collect or magma ring?)
2 Magcargo (Smooth over)
2 Shroomish
1 Breloom RS
1 Breloom DX
1 Chinchou HL1
1 Lanturn HL
1 Snorunt DRG
1 Glalie HL
1 Drowzee
1 Dark Hypno
1 Jirachi DX

Trainers (24):
4 Celio
4 Steven
4 Swoop! Teleporter
3 Pokemon Retriever
3 TV Reporter
2 Crystal Shard
1 ATM Rock
1 Strength Charm
1 Copycat
1 Administrator

Energy (17):
4 Multi
3 DRE
3 Lightning
3 Fighting
2 Scramble
1 Water
1 Psychic

A lot of changes, thanks to testing from Whicker, SuperTyranitar, Evilcacturne, Sleeping Bag Boy, and several others.

First, what I have concluded from my testing, and 2, what I have concluded from results at state championships.

-From Ludicargo and catty: Coolhedgie mentioned this too, but Magcargo and jirachi are really good together. Also, a million people have cited how great scramble energy is in here, and yes, it IS!!! So I'm now fully convinced that these two cards definitely have a place in here.

-From others: At the Oklahoma state championships, I was very excited that my creation T8'ed in not only one 15+ slot, but two! However, Whicker and Ryan (evilcacturne) were paired up against two of SITH's worst matchups: gardevoir and rock-lock (the third and final being walrein). So in order to win that matchup, you'll notice that Dark Muk and Medicham are no longer used (both psychic weak), and I've opted to use the breloom pair (grass breloom is actually pretty good vs gardevoir and gardevoir ex for a late game finisher). For rock-lock, I kinda feel it would have been closer if Ryan had more time to fully realize that adding different lines really hurt vs rocklock. Although great players still have the ability to outplay a breloom set, you can hopefully outdo them with the sheer speed of this deck.

Also, in Pennsylvania and Virginia, Luke R suffered dragonite swarming, and when his crystal shards and glalies ran out, it was GG, so I have thrown in a 2nd shard...perhaps bringing back togetic or another stage 1 colorless is the true answer?

Any and all tips are welcome, and thanks for reading my boring post =x

Last edited:
good job johnny i like it but i would use milotic over glalie but eh
and i like the 2 chards it is a good TecH againt decks like sally(fart sound) but i like it

Hmm, well, i think Togetic would really work for you in this deck. Thats my honest opinion, with Togetic, you can pwn Rock Lock and Draggy, almost on Draggy any way. But good deck, loves it and good luck.

Just my honest opinion, but I feel Togetic could help more than dark hypno. It helps against both dark trance and rock-lock, which dark hypno helps against vileplume ex and gardevior ex and blaziken ex. If they send up pidgeot to ko the togetic, in which it can't, just send up lanturn and KO the pidgeot.

Good luck with the deck.

Whicker said:
my conclusions with this deck:

Grumpig > Dark Hypno
Milotic AND Glalie are both necessary

Yeah, I like Grumpig over Dark Hypno, too. Grumpig OHKOs every Psychic-weak Psychic type that was ever printed, because no Psychic non-ex Pokemon has more than 100 HP, and no Psychic ex Pokemon has more than 160 HP. Plus, even with a DRE attached, Grumpig OHKOs Vileplume ex. That is a feat Dark Hypno can not boast, unless the Vileplume ex player has four Pokemon on their bench, which the intellegent Vileplume ex player will play right around.

However, you really can't fit both Milotic and Glalie. It just doesn't work.

I had the same idea with Jirachi. Plus it gives you that metal type for Charm OHKO against I dunno... their enemy glalie? :biggrin: I saw the Magcargo/Jirachi thing because they both ended up in my mother's metagross deck... Mine still has Rhydon simply because it aids against Blaze, Spinning Tail TTar, and other bench hitters, but the two shroomish to prevent one being prized and the reduced pain of a different basic is definately worth it.

IMO togetic just isn't worth it. it only really helps against Darks, and let's face it, togepi start is crappy ;x I also find the second StrengthCharm helpful, but that's preference

luv teh name btw :thumb:

Last edited:
Awsome idea. I was actually considering the same concept for a Muk ex deck...

Anyways, I would probably recommend using 4 Pokemon Retrievers rather than 3. With something like this, you should strike for as much direct-Pokemon support as possible (of course, seeing how you made the deck, you already knew that :p ). Other things that I would consider...

1. 3-3 Slugma line
2. HL Jirachi instead of the DX version
3. TRR Magby (uses the supporter's effect as teh attack)
4. Using Pokemon with more colorless attacks rather than trying to please so many colors at once.

Arthas, I actually started out with 4 retrievers, but found that 4 was overkill.

Pokemon: 19
4 Dunsparce
2 Slugma (collect or magma ring?)
2 Magcargo (Smooth over)
2 Shroomish
1 Breloom RS
1 Breloom DX
1 Chinchou HL1
1 Lanturn HL
1 Snorunt DRG
1 Glalie HL
1 Spoink
1 Grumpig
1 Jirachi DX

Energy: 17
4 Multi
3 DRE
3 Lightning
3 Fighting
2 Scramble
1 Water
1 Psychic

Trainers: 24
4 Celio
4 Steven
2 Copycat
3 TV Reporter
4 Swoop! Teleporter
3 Pokemon Retriever
3 Pokemon Reversal
1 Crystal Shard

Ehh, there's my fix. Haven't tested, but I was bored enough to post. ;/

Patriarch said:
Arthas, I actually started out with 4 retrievers, but found that 4 was overkill.

o_O;;

Well that's interesting. I thought it could have been more beneficial to the deck.

You don't really need the fourth retriever because of swoop and celio. The DX Jirachi is used because of the awesome combo with Magcargo :p

A few things you might want to consider:

Ditto- so all you have to do is retriever the evoution
-1CC/Admin +1TVR because you will be smooth overing a bunch to build up the Celio/Swoop/Retriver combo.
Masterball- Smoothover+Masterball

Thanks for all the comments guys! It hasn't even been 24 hours and I'm already getting such awesome replies...where to begin...

Glen: It would be nice to have milo wouldn't it? However, if I play Milo, then I'm losing strength vs so many other matchups, namely dragonite. I'd prefer to be stronger vs dragonite and every single matchup that uses special energy than slightly stronger vs ttar/amphy and fire.

Super Ttar: I am tempted to put it back in. However, usually I'd only send it up in the draggy matchup to OHKO scythex or sneasex, or to lure one of them out.

Wooper and Whicker: Yup, in goes piggy...

Moltres423: very, very neat idea with the ditto. I'm probably not gonna go with the other two, but that Ditto idea I like =)

keep in galie johnny b/c it fights better againest the dark floating around and scramble and dres and also shifty

with the probable inclusion of new eevee evolutions in emerald EX, my friend and i were thinking about basing a stitch-like deck around the family.

running 4 eevee, and 5 of the evolutions(more if necessary) and maybe 2 ditto...
but run something like 4 time machines

the basic idea is to have the eevee family for surprise elements, and the ability to have virtually every main type all stemming from one pokemon, and if they change pokemon on you, you can simple time machine it out for a new evolution which either attacks to hit their weakness, or an eevee evolution that has a resistance against the defending pokemon.

then of course around those 9 pokemon would come the standard breloom/magcargo/jirachi/ milotic(or togetic), etc.

the basic concept is having one pokemon to time machine into one of four evolutions. in essence, instead of running 4 1/1 lines, you've run one 4/1/1/1/1/1 line. thusly, you dont have to worry as much about having a critical basic in the prizes, and you can surprise the opponent with your next move. with rainbow energies and a little bit of healing power, i think the eevee machine can be the next new variant for stitch decks.

would do you all think?

I was considering that too. However, there is a problem when you realize that the Eevee evolutions don't do enough damage, even with weakness, to KO most things in one hit, which is the goal of this deck.

Whicker said:
I was considering that too. However, there is a problem when you realize that the Eevee evolutions don't do enough damage, even with weakness, to KO most things in one hit, which is the goal of this deck.

the three old-school evolutions(jolt, vapo, and flar) all have the CCC attack that does 40+20 if they have 3 or more energy types on them, not hard in a stitch deck

with weakness, thats normally 120 damage, enough to OHKO most non-ex(and even some ex)

not to mention it can confuse, sleep, or burn them too

and esp/umb can do 60, possibly more.

with weakness and a strength charm or so, they can OHKO non-ex, which is pretty good.

that's assuming we're talking about the *could-be* releases in emerald. if the spoiler i used is true (pokebeach) which it may or may not be, this new stitch variant can be a good option.

the thing about normal stitch that irks me is playing 1-1s, and if they're in dire need and in the prizes...you're screwed. at least with an eevee variant, an eevee in the prizes won't hurt you, so you're about twice as likely to not get screwed over by having one of the 1/1s in the prizes, thus making the eevee set quite a bit more effective than the normal 1/1 tech.

you also keep the strong OHKOrs from normal stitch, or the gosu pokemon like bre, glalie(glalie is phenomenal), etc.

you might wanna try to fit in a RG tangela, so u can get that stuff out of the prizes whaen u face a deck that u need that card for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back