Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sableye/Garchomp Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solemn_Party

As many of us remember, there was a huge hype of the deck "Sablelock", or Sableye/Garchomp. Now that it won Nationals, a lot of people are going back to it; for good reason. It's consistent, and will be run straight into next format.

So, here's my take on Sablelock:

Pokemon: 22
4 Sableye
2-2 Garchomp C Lv.X
3 Crobat G
2 Honchkrow G
1-1 Honchkrow SV
2-1 Uxie Lv.X
1 Giratina (Set Up)
1 Unown Q
1 Promocroak G

T/S/S: 27
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 TGI Poketurn
3 TGI Power Spray
3 TGI Energy Gain
2 TGI SP Radar
2 VS Seeker
2 Cyrus's Initiative
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Expert Belt
1 Judge
1 Bebe's Search
1 Aaron's Collection
1 Luxury Ball

Energy: 11
4 DCE
3 Sp. Dark
3 Dark
1 Psychic

Strategy:
The deck has three strategies; To donk using Sableye + Darkness Energy + Crobat Drops, or Ambipom G + DCE first turn, hand distruption using Giratina and Sableye's Impersonate to use Cyrus's Initiative to get rid of up to two cards in their hand, leaving them with less than four cards in hand on their first turn, or to Snipe using Garchomp C Lv.X and Honchkrow G to score knockouts with Crobat G.
As for other cards in the deck, Promocroak is to counter Luxray GL, Uxie + Lv.X is for draw, and Giratina for disruption.

Please comment and critique.

Last edited:
Your deck is MD on--very nice. However, I wanted to know what cards did the Nationals winning deck use that were pre Majestic dawn (if any)?

Nothing that I'm aware of. He may have run Night Maintenance, but I'm not sure. And as far as my deck being MD-On; it's because I don't really like Moonlight in the deck.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Chatot G; unless you get it at the same time as Giratina for the lockdown, it's a dead draw. Forever.

and yes, with Scizor Prime coming out, it's a problem. Part of the reason I prefer 3 3, as I then have 4 Basic for my 4 Cyrus's Conspiracies.

I tried SSU, but I'd always fail them when I really needed it, and decided I didn't need any more flippy cards than the initiatives. I want to fit 2 Expert Belts in here again, though.

I always have found VS seeker to be a dead card in your hand T1, which is when you would want to try to donk.

-2 VS seeker
+2 Expert Belt

And your deck list NEEDS expert belt not only so that Sableye can do 60 with Overconfidence and have 80hp, but so that you have the option to belt your GarchompX/Honchkrow to pull off massive damage :)

I always have found VS seeker to be a dead card in your hand T1, which is when you would want to try to donk.

-2 VS seeker
+2 Expert Belt

And your deck list NEEDS expert belt not only so that Sableye can do 60 with Overconfidence and have 80hp, but so that you have the option to belt your GarchompX/Honchkrow to pull off massive damage :)
expert belt doesn't work when you snipe the bench...

^ Dragon Rush can do 100 to the active...it can help

but you do need it for Honchkrow SV and Sableye, and even for UxieX

---------- Post added 07/05/2010 at 05:49 PM ----------

If your Giratina is dragged up from the bench, how do you plan to get it out?

^ Dragon Rush can do 100 to the active...it can help

but you do need it for Honchkrow SV and Sableye, and even for UxieX

---------- Post added 07/05/2010 at 05:49 PM ----------

If your Giratina is dragged up from the bench, how do you plan to get it out?

Yeah, but it's unlikely I'll end up doing that.

It makes Honchkrow, Sableye, and Uxie beasts in this deck.

Giratina is the biggest problem in the deck. But I'm trying to keep it MD-On, so no Moonlight Stadium.

Where is your Ambipom G?

I also think 2 VS Seeker is overkill, 1 should be plenty.

It should look basically the same, BDIF and such as long as you watch your special energy count. Though the Weavile from that set really turns me on w/ this deck, but it just may be my love of weavile.

It should look basically the same, BDIF and such as long as you watch your special energy count. Though the Weavile from that set really turns me on w/ this deck, but it just may be my love of weavile.

That's the exact card from the set I was considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back