Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sally Twins... True Monsters of CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Threatz

Hey this is how I play my salamence ex decc, and i was wondering if anybody had any advice for it.

Sally Twins

4 Holon's Castform
4/2/2/2 Salamence ex d/ex
3/2/1 Altaria ex d/ex
1 holon's magnemite
1 Rayquaza d or Tropius d
-22-

6 Water
5 Fire
-11-

4 Transciever
4 Rare Candy
4 PETM
4 Power Tree
3 Mentor
3 Adventurer
2 Copy Cat
1 Scientist
1 Lass
1 Farmer
-26-

*Strategy*
The main strategy is to use Alaria ex d to power up Salamence ex or ex d as quicc as possible. I can go strait OHKO's early with Salamence Ex and then when energy gets tight i can swap out for ex d and finish off everything with 80 consistent damage or split it 40/40 to those few 150 hp ex pokemon that survived the 120 shot...

I was wondering should i add Magcargo UF since Salamence ex gives him free retreat?
All comments are welcome...

Last edited:
I don't understand what Holon's Magnemite is doing in there. It's orphaned, not very useful and could mess you up.

If you take Ninja_Nuzleaf's suggestion of a Magcargo you'll probably want some Slugma too :p

Thats something i've been struggling with Dendro... I mean safegaurd is nice, but when facing a safegaurd pokemon Altaria DX<Altaria Ex... Simple b/c of the OHKO on safegaurd pokemon, and it gets past Scizor Ex.

Holon's Magnemite is there to simple ensure energy on t1. Its a mentorable pokemon. Also anythoughts on quaza or tropius?

Tropius won't be particularly useful unless you have a lot of players using Shockwave or Imprison decks. Anything else can be healed normally.

But if there's only one kid using it then just take an autoloss, seriously. If there's a lot of it in the local metagame, sure.

I disagree with fearow becuase of the lack of a delta spearow. It hurts your early Delta Draws from castform. Not to mention after a few uses he will be dead bench space. Id prefer to see those 4 slots go to a stronger draw line. Maybe Adding the 4th Mentor to maximize your chances of getting that castform early? Plus maybe adding a few windstorm for Cessation Crystal because that will be rough when facing delta

A.Threatz said:
Thats something i've been struggling with Dendro... I mean safegaurd is nice, but when facing a safegaurd pokemon Altaria DX<Altaria Ex... Simple b/c of the OHKO on safegaurd pokemon, and it gets past Scizor Ex.

Don't you mean Altaria ex > Altaria DX?

A 1-1 Fearow line should help this deck, as well as a couple of Boost.

Boost is awesome in this deck.
Dunno about the Fearow, because the Salamence ex cant use it. Power Shutdown will be rife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back