Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sam's Memphis Battle Road Win with Jumpluff in Masters

Charzano

From States through the present, I have just been trying out different decks to get a feel for them and figure out what to play for nationals. I hadn't been playing much since regionals, but I threw together a Jumpluff list the other day and decided to give it a go.

~Round 1 VS Nick with Poliwrath/Torterra/Meganium~
I go second and get out a fast Jumpluff, fill up my bench, and KO all of his basics within 5 minutes.

1-0

~Round 2 VS Kevin J with Charizard/Typhlosion/Ninetails~
I go second and get the knock out on his only pokemon after 2 Uxies and a Claydol.

2-0

~Round 3 VS Kyrie P with Sableye Donk~
I go first, start with Crobat, and Pass. He started with a Crobat, Roseanne's for a Sableye and Dark, Poketurns Crobat, and impersonates for Cyrus Iniative. I had BeBe, Uxie, and Rose in my hand, so I was going to set up regardless. He misplayed by not playing down the Crobat though, and I got out a Jumpluff with a belt and Flashbite+Leaf Gurad for the KO.

3-0

~Round 4 VS Brian with Donphan/Machamp~
I had a slow start. Opening hand was Crobat G, Poketurn, BTS, Communication, Grass Energy, Grass Energy, and Palmer. I drew into a Hoppip, but he started with Spiritomb so I couldn't even Poketurn and Communication the Crobat back in for an Uxie and start to get set up. He won fair in square though. Good Game.

3-1

~Round 5 VS Taylor M with Blastiose/Feraligatr~
I was seriously surprised. This deck was good. Not decent, better than decent, she had a good deck. She set up pretty quickly, as did I. I Leaf Guarded her Spiritomb for 30+20 from Darkness Grace, and then used Flash bite the next turn to get a little bit ahead. She KO'd my Luxray as soon as it came into play, so I could never KO her Gatr. I KO'd 3 Blastoise though, and she got about 8 Energy in the discard pile, 4 on Gatr. I thought I had won it, but she used Palmer and Night Maintenance and got a lot of energy back. In her defense, she did only get 1/4 heads on SSU. I ended up winning just by a very little amount. Good Game.

4-1

So I'm the second seed in Top 4 playing against David C. He's playing DialgaChomp, and I'm kinda worried about this matchup if he deafens me turn 1.

~Top 4 VS David C with DialgaChomp~
Game 1: I go second. Huge advantage there. Whoever went second advanced a great amount in this matchup. I misplay though, because I'm not paying attention, and I fall behind a turn. He Dragon Rushes 2 Claydol, but I get my third one out, and then Uxie after he power sprays cosmic. I get too far ahead and he scoops.

5-1

Game 2: He chooses to go second, what a surprise. He gets the Deafen going Turn 2, but I benched both a Baltoy and a Hoppip the turn before. Next turn I get out Claydol and Skiploom, and then by Turn 3 I'm rolling. He scoops.

6-1

~Finals VS Brian with Donphan/Machamp~
Rematch time! Hehe.

Game 1: I start with a lone Baltoy and no Basics/way to get basics. I warp point his Machop out of active and prey I don't get donked. He doesn't have it. Turn 2 I evolve into Claydol, Cosmic, and STILL NO BASICS. I pass. He evolves to Donphan and does 60. Yes! I topdeck a Rose and get out a Hoppip and another Baltoy, Evolve Hoppip up to Jumpluff, Baltoy to Claydol, Warp Point, and start rolling. He is staying in the game pretty well, but then I Luxray up his Claydol and KO it. He doesn't really have much from there.

7-1

Game 2: I have an EXPLOSIVE second turn. I get out 3 Jumpluffs, 2 Claydols, and Luxray ready to be Leveled Up. Sad thing is, I don't have the energy. Next turn I start Mass Attacking and its just over. At one point he brings up a Belted Donphan, but I KO it in 2 turns and he only does 60 damage to a Jumpluff. If one takes Damage, I just retreat for a fresh one. I win by quite a few prizes. Good Games Man.

8-1

Pros
Scott Arnold for Trading me Jumpluffs
A deck that sets up with Ease (Most of the Time)
Friends
Cynthia's Feelings and Warp Point for being the best cards Ever
Winning
Awesome time after the tournament
People for Reading this

Cons
My Ranking never having been Updated from Regionals
Worlds being so Expensive and far away
Luxray for being useless
Spending so much Money today
Being Tired
Not Being able to Play Tomorrow

It was painful watching Taylor play you because she was making SOOO many play errors against you. She filled her bench needlessly and had some bad luck. She says if she had been able to hit her Blastoise a turn earlier after seeing 10 cards she might have had you.

That deck is definitely good...like i said yesterday...It explodes in your face.

Congrats on the great win yesterday.

You have Luxray in your Cons. Would you say that four Pokeblowers or Reversals might be better in the deck that Luxray?

Congrats on the win.

Sam, this is a really odd way to tell me I need to look at your Regionals points/matches.

Every thought of PMing me, or giving me a clue there was a problem?

PM me your POP ID, DOB, and whether or not you are getting ANY matches reported for your Regionals.

Can't fix a problem I don't know about!

Vince

Back