Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

San Antonio Gym Challenge: June 26, 2005

:clap: :clap: ~~San Antonio Gym Challenge~~ :clap: :clap:

San Antonio, you may be the last chance for Texans to qualifity for "WORLDS '05". But, you are the first to be listed!!! Location, date, and time are listed below. Master Professor Birch will update with all of the details early next week. Tune in for all of the information. :thumb:

"Purple Cactus Comics"
8180 Tezel Road
San Antonio, Texas 78250
June 26, 2005 (11:00am)

Contact Info: MP Birch/Richard Collinsworth
Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell: (972) 754-8618
Email: [email protected]

Pokemon sure is heating up down south in Texas and Oklahoma!!! :eek:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Last edited:
Gonna be a great battle down South I can tell ya that. Should be another great event run by Birch. :)

San Antonio~Gym Challenge Details

:clap: :clap: ~~Details for "San Antonio~Gym Challenge"~~ :clap: :clap:

The "ex Emerald" Pre-releases are over with and done. You have collected these cards and playtested them in your decks. At the "Regionals", we will give away two "Invitations & Travel Awards" to "Worlds '05". Now for those players that could not attend these "Regionals", here come the "Gym Challenges"!!! Couldn't make it to Arlington, Texas for the "Southern Plains Regional Championships". You were not one of the lucky ones that finished first or second in your age group, well here comes Master Professor Birch to your town!!! :cool:

Hello San Antonio, you are the "last chance" stop on MP Birch's tour to "WORLDS '05". At "Purple Cactus Comics" in San Antonio, we will be finishing the "Gym Challenge" trail!!! Below are the details for this event that you do not want to miss!!! It gets serious from now until "Worlds '05".
:eek:

8180 Tezel Road
San Antonio, Texas 78250

Entry Fee: FREE

Date: June 26, 2005
Time: 11:00am (Registration)

GBA Tournament: 11:45am (Start Time)

Gym Challenge Start Time: 12:30pm

Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell: (972) 754-8618
Email: [email protected]
PokeGym "PM": Master Professor Birch

Gym Challenge Format: Modified Constructed Deck
Players bring their own 60-card deck that is modified format as outlined in the Pokemon Tournament rules. The tournament is run using the "Age Modified Swiss" pairings. The number of Swiss rounds will depend on the total attendance at this event.

After Swiss rounds are complete, there will be a cut to single-elimination finals. the number of players to qualify for the finals will be dependent upon the total attendance in each age bracket.

(Go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com to the "Gym Challenges" to see more in-detailed discriptions of "Modified Format" and "Age Modified Swiss".)

Prizes:
**Everyone who plays will receive a "Gym Challenge" promo card, Pin, and two POP packs while supplies last!!!

Prizes are awarded to the Top-8 players in each age group. The age groups are "10-under", 11-14", and "15-Over".

The Top-8 finishers in each age group will receive the following prizes:

1st Place
*An invitation to the Pokemon World Championships in 2005
*A "Travel Award" for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the "2005 World Championships"
*36-booster Packs of the most current Pokemon-TCG expansion

2nd Place
*18-Booster Packs of the most current Pokemon-TCG expansion

3rd & 4th Place

*9-Booster Packs of the most current Pokemon-TCG expansion

5th-8th Place

*4-Booster Packs of the most current Pokemon-TCG expansion

Side Events:

"GBA Tournament Rules"

"GBA" Start Time: 10:45am

*Entry Fee: FREE

*Single Elimination Tournament

*Rounds will be 10-Minutes

*Legal GBA Cartridges are Ruby, Sapphire, Fire-Red, Leaf-Green, & ex Emerald

*3-Pokemon not over Level-50

*No two of the same Pokemon

*Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi are banned

*No duplicate held items

*Certain Powers (Rest, Recover, ect.) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match

*"Modified" GBA Cartridges are not NOT allowed

*Judges rulings are final

*Prizes will be determined by the attendance of this tournament
(Top player in each age group will receive a prize.)

If I have left anything out, please post on this thread or contact MP Birch. Good luck to all of the players that will be attending the "San Antonio~Gym Challenge". Remember, This is your last chance to win your "invitation & travel award" to "Worlds '05". :nonono: :nonono:

We had a lot of GBA players at the Emerald PreRelease, so this time it should be an even better turn out. Get your GBA Team ready, gonna be a hard fight...but a fun one as well. :)

My sister is trying to become a Professor for this Event, she has to retake the test...so hopefully she passes it before the event. I will Judge if no one else steps up to the plate, but we still have time. :)

Master Professor Birch said:
Again, where are my judges for this event??? Frank's sister a Professor yet??? Email or "PM" me.

MP Birch

if i do good enough at dallas and/or OK i can judge at this event if your ok with that. lmk

kthxbai

<>< professor rokman

hahahaha frank u gotta judge. I am thinking of going to Mississippi Valley Regionals, Richardson GC, Houston GC and SA GC to hopefully win an invite for worlds, if not then i will try my luck at worlds in the grinder for a last minute invite.

solidsnake5674 said:
hahahaha frank u gotta judge. I am thinking of going to Mississippi Valley Regionals, Richardson GC, Houston GC and SA GC to hopefully win an invite for worlds, if not then i will try my luck at worlds in the grinder for a last minute invite.

Yeah laugh all you want...your gonna get owned at the Gym Challenges by me. Just like wut happened at Regionals. :)

Last Chance!!!

***Last Chance... For Worlds '05***

MP Birch and Alice of the "Purple Cactus" welcomes Pokemon players from every where to play for their ticket to "WORLDS '05"!!! :clap: :clap:

Team Cook Dad and MP Birch will be teaming up for the Pokemon Weekend to remember!!! On June 25, Team Cook Dad will be hosting the "Houston Area~Gym Challenge". The very next day (June 26th), MP Birch welcomes all of those Pokemon players to the "San Antonio~Gym Challenge"!!! This; my Pokeplaying friends will be the LAST CHANCE for you to get your ticket punched to "WORLDS '05"!!! :eek: :eek:

MP Birch and Team Cook Dad are cooking up the PokeSpectacular of Texas for all of its Pokemon playing friends. This will be a weekend to remember for sure!!! Make plans now to attend both days. If you have never done this before, you are in for a treat!!! Experience the Power of Pokemon...like the BIG BOYS do. Be sure to check back here and on Team Cook Dad's "Houston Area~Gym Challenge" for all of the details. :cool: :cool:

Well guys since Steven has already won his invite it shouldnt be tooo difficult to get my trip. (j/k LOL) Anyways my parents are gonna be out of town on this date, but I think my buddy Ryan will be able to convince his sister or mom to take us. And if not then I will WALK THERE IF I HAVE TOO!!!! (LOL) It'll probably only take me a few hours. (j/k)
All of y'all in 11-14 better watch out because Professor Elm is determined to get his trip!

Yeah, and Tracy has already got her trip too, so you're even safer. I'm just glad I won't have to face Johnny. There's ONE guy I have to worry about more than everyone else.

Shiloh Phoenix said:
Yeah, and Tracy has already got her trip too, so you're even safer. I'm just glad I won't have to face Johnny. There's ONE guy I have to worry about more than everyone else.

I'm guessing that would be me?
hehehehe

Well, it looks like I actually may be able to attend this one as well. Maybe I'll see you guys there.

Whicker and/or Shiloh Phoenix I would really like to play y'all before or after the Tourney, since I'm still in 11-14. So if y'all see me I will probably be in my professor Elm labcoat (thats really a karate robe). Anyways I hope to meet y'all there

Hope to see you all there...gonna be very nice seeing you guys again. I'm sure that the 15+ is still gonna be the hardest to win in...but you never know. I may Judge or not...my sister is trying to become a Professor so gonna have to see about that. :)

Frank I will have to agree with u on the 15+ being the hardest to win, but Steven and I are gonna show how good 11-14 is in SA.
It's gonna be da bomb. I cant wait.

Professor Elm said:
Frank I will have to agree with u on the 15+ being the hardest to win, but Steven and I are gonna show how good 11-14 is in SA.
It's gonna be da bomb. I cant wait.

Tru dat...I can't wait. All the Gym Challenges in Texas are gonna be sweet, I just hope I can go to all of them. :)

Back