Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

San Diego Comic-Con Happenings

PTE_Karl

Well, the Comic-Con has started along with the outstanding Nintendo booth (with a daily entry into a drawing for a Pikachu Beetle), and, of course, the TCG Room!

We are doing really well so far for a Thursday. Our Sealed deck (which is FREE) will be the max. of 64 players.

More coming later...

More SDCC to report

The Big Sealed event has 13 in Ten and Under, 12 in Eleven to Fourteen, and 39 in the Fifteen Plus. All four Swiss rounds of the lower two groups are done, prizes given, players and parents all happy. Round 5 of the last group is ongoing.

Thus far, our game room is the best attended--having FREE events really helps! The Nintendo booth is still going strong with lots of attendees doing demos, getting free stuff, ...

League Play is doing very well also; we have over 50 players signed up!

More later.

Cheers!

The Sealed event is done. League was very strong. The Room is winding down for the evening. More to come tomorrow.

Who won each age group? Inquiring minds (of people that are jealous you are at the con) want to know!

Maverick Hunter Zero said:
Will be there this Friday and Saturday.

I'll try to find some time for some tournaments. ;)

Ha, I knew you would be back. Today I got to meet Seth Green and Wilmer Valderama, we talked some Robot Chicken and some Family Guy. It was sweet. The best part is today was a slow day and we still have 3 more days left.

Let's see.

I got 2nd at the sealed deck tournament. (Thanks a lot for running that, it was a lot of fun.)
I met the creators of some of my favorite webcomics, got their autographs and some original drawings too. (The comics are http://www.wigu.com and http://www.whiteninjacomics.com )
And I got to try out the second Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess demo, which rocks and is a must-buy for all gamecube owners.

And this is just day 1. I'll see everyone who's going there tomorrow.

I'd hardly call playing in a free sealed event coming out of retirement. Unless he stated that he's planning on going to Worlds or becoming active next season.
That would be interesting.

Friday happenings...

Dawn comes overcast and early--well...we didn't get up right at dawn, but it seemed like it--never get enough sleep at Cons!

We had a modified tournament this morning; still going on, but almost over now. We had a total of 23 players for it. Results as soon as they are available.

Yesterday, the Unlimited tournament (11 players) had the following results:

<=10: 1 player; winner = Race W.
11-14: 4 players; winner = Sheldon C.
15+: 6 players; winner = Scott W.

And the Sealed tournament (64 players -- maxed out):

<=10: 13 players; winner = Keenan T.
11-14: 12 players; winner = Efrain G.
15+: 39 players; winner = Tim J.

That's all for now.

Another post

Here are the Modified tournament (23 players) results:

<=10: 3 players; winner = Anthony M.
11-14: 8 players; winner = Efrain G.
15+: 12 players; winner = Alex W.

The Team Sealed is in round 3 of 5 with 32 Teams (64 players; again the max.). Results will be posted around 8 pm.

Cheers!

Teams is done!

Well, it is just after 7 pm and Teams has finished--a fun, well-attended format. We had a whopping 32 teams participate. Prizes were given out thru 16th place. All had lots of fun.

I won't post any winner info for this one since I don't have anything other than the players Team Name, which doesn't tell much.

We are running a couple pickup constructed tournaments for the rest of the night, then back once again tomorrow.

Night all.

I was the Alex W. who got first. Whoo.

Today I:
-Played in the Modified tournament
-Went to the Adult Swim panel
-Met Tim and Eric from Tom Goes To The Mayor
-Saw "The Worst Cartoons Ever Made"

I'll see everyone there tomorrow. TENACIOUS D CONCERT! YES!!

Saturday madness...

Well...the biggest day of the Con is here.

The Modified tournament (21 players) went off well, finals are:

<=10: 6 players; winner = Anthonyt M.
11-14: 5 players; winner = Rachael B.
15+: 10 players; winner = Alex W.

The Sealed deck event (72 players) for this afternoon just concluded for the lower two divisions, as follows:

<=10: 14 players; winner = Anthony M.
11-14: 15 players; winner = Kevin F.

The upper division has 43 players and is in round 5 of 6.

We literally maxed out the room--72 of 72 seats for this event.

More to come later.

And the Sealed event for 15+ is over, here are the results:

15+: 43 players; winner = Martin M.

We are now running several constructed 8-person events and 1 Theme Deck Challenge.

Lots of fun all day and still going on...

Cheers!

Thanks for all the tournaments today, Carl, they were a lot of fun.

Today:
-Went to a voice actors panel
-Won the modified tournament
-Saw Tenacious D live (WHOOOOO! \m/ )
-Saw the Spike & Mike's Sick And Twisted show
-Stood in line

Fun day. Tomorrow things might be just a bit calmer at least.

Back