Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

San Diego Prerelease, Sat Feb. 12!!!!

WeileMom

EX Deoxys
Prerelease Tournament

SAN DIEGO
HOME OF THE 2005 POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Saturday, February 12, 2005
Game Empire, 7051 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA ; Ph: 858.576.1525
Time
Registration begins at 10 am; the tournament starts at 11 am

Entry Fee
Tournament entry is $20 (this includes the 6 booster packs for tournament play which you get to keep)

How to Sign-Up and Play

Please arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

Prizes
Prizes have changed for this and future prerelease events--the new emphasis is on everyone playing, having fun, and getting into the spirit of the game. Thus, POP will be giving each and every player participating in the main event

4 prerelease booster packs plus 2 Series One boosters​

These prizes will be awarded at the end of the Swiss rounds. Players must participate in all rounds of Swiss to receive prizes. Every player regardless of record will receive these prizes.

PT&E wants to further recognize players who compete well in the event, so additional PT&E prizes for each age group are:

1st -- 4 booster packs
2nd -- 2 booster packs
3rd -- 1 booster pack
Best Sport -- 1 booster pack

And remember, we will still be giving out a random pack every round, plus everyone gets to keep the cards they received to play in the tournament as well!

Tournament Format
This tournament will feature a "sealed deck" format. Each player will receive 6 prerelease boosters and have 30 minutes to construct a 40-card deck. Basic Energy cards will be provided. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the tournament.

Additionally, we will also run a Preconstructed Deck Tournament, interest (and product) permitting.

More Questions?
If you have questions that were not answered email us at [email protected]

Last edited:
Yay! Hometown prerelease! I'll be there along with the rest of the SD crew, this time i plan not to lose, but i can't predict that.. Bleh.

Aslo looking forward to playing some out-of-towners between rounds with my new gardy deck, it's been doing well in play testing.

I can't attend, unless you move it to 1pm, which I suggest you do. I'll judge if you do it =(

Hey Nicole can i judge again? I've already recieved my box so I dont really want to spend $20 on the prerelease. I want some professor points for the polo shirt :p

BTW... Is your computer back up yet?

hey Nicole,
I'll be there to back LANCE up!!! And might have an LA surprise guest with me :thumb:
C'ya guys this weekend!!!
Adios

Jess_E :clap:

Charizard_Breeder said:
hey Nicole,
I'll be there to back LANCE up!!! And might have an LA surprise guest with me :thumb:
C'ya guys this weekend!!!
Adios

Can the surprise guest would be me???? :rolleyes:

Ok guys and gals,
I have the judges lined up for Saturday so at this time I don't need anymore. If attendance is higher than expected I will keep you in mind.
Lance F. will be our Head Judge, with backup from Doreen K. and Jesse E.
I received a new shipment of product so hopefully we'll have enough this time for the main event and the theme deck challenges.
See you Saturday!

Hey guys,

Looking for two cards, hope somebody can help out???
looking for: Zappy EX - FR/LG & Electrode EX - FR/LG

If anybody can help out that's attending the prerelease in SD, please PM me or post what you need...thanks for your HELP

laters

ME :thumb:

Last edited:
i hope.......... theres not gonna be too many people....... its gonna be wet outside so i dont think we can put any tables outside :(

That was fun, it was a pretty normal sized tournament and there were pretty much no delays, so it was done and over with by around 2:30, then we all just hung around, traded and play tested while the side-events ran.

I went 3-2 and came out 7th, so at least i'm not sinking my rating. heh.

It was a good entertaining time, full of yet even more inside jokes for the SD crew. (Now even wierder to understand.)

I also pulled a Shining Latias, so that's awesome. Off to eBay!

I'll see everyone of the Sd crew tomorrow at league, and all the out-of-towners at the next tourney.

Congrats to Martin as well for being able to show up and winning 15+

HI! I just wanted to thank all of the players and staff who showed up for yesterday's prerelease in the horrible weather! You guys were a great crowd and I'm happy to say everything ran pretty smoothly!
We ended up with 59 players and a first ever in a SoCal tournament (that I've seen anyway :wink: ), the 11-14 group was larger that the 15+ group!!! Here's the breakdown:

15+: 23 :thumb: winner- Robin S. and Martin M (who tied and decided to split the spoils)
11-14: 27 :eek: winner- Ashley W. (who went undefeated)
10 & U: 9 :clap: winner- Sheldon C. (who is sweeping the 10&U group by storm!)

We also had 19 of our players battle it out in our Theme Deck challenge after the main event.
Thanks again to our great judging staff- Lance313, SDPokemom, and Charizard_Breeder!

Hope to see everyone at States!!!

Last edited:
cool cool...yes, had a great time and I'm glad all went well!!! Also had fun in the THEME DECK CHALLENGE, got past my first round, but had bad luck against George W. (no not the PRESIDENT) in our semifinal match :tongue: next time, NEXT TIME!!! hahahaha :wink: But YEAH, WHAT!!! C'ya at STATES...

Back