Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sandusky, OH CC Report (Masters)

Smeagol

Well we decide to make the drive to Sandusky; it being only a 2-1/2 hour escapade. We get there at 11 and end up waiting an hour and a half for registration to be over. My division, Masters, had 26 people, iirc. I'll cut to the chase...

Round 1: Vs. Samantha B. (Bandoom)

She gets a Houndour start, iirc. I get the usual Casty + mentor start and I just plow through the Banny, once Casty dies. GG.

(1-0)

Round 2: Vs. Random kid (Shiftry/???)

This one was over before it started. He told me he was 15 and thought I would go easy on him. Haha that's a good one because I'm 15 too.

(2-0)

After this round I was told that my brother had gotten in trouble because he was using a TIMER. That's right. A fricken COOKING TIMER. The head judge eventually let me use it as long as I let my opponent see it AT ALL TIMES. Wth? Whatever, its Ohio. I suppose Buckeyes do things differently than the world.

Round 3: Vs. Heather H. (Feral Queen)

I get an alright start. I know it is a bad match up from the getgo. I defeated her the last time I played her but now it was her turn. I somehow managed to get down to having only 1 prize left, however I felt like I was getting beaten like the Oakland Raiders (yeah that's right...they are now the worst team in the NFL because the Lions WON today). The Ferals were simply too much for me. GG.

(2-1)

Round 4: Vs. AJ (Armaldo ex/Mightyena ex)

He got a brutle start. However, I still think I would've won even if he didn't get such bad draws. Gymbo disagreed, though. GG.

(3-1)

Round 5: Vs. Mike O. (Mirror)

I know this match up inside and out. GG.

(4-1)

I found out that my 10- brother got 2nd (in his FIRST tournament since Nationals!) and my 11-14 brother won it all, defeating a MetaNite in the finals. WTG!

So yeah I'm in the Top 8 obviously. It looked like this...

1. Kim A. (MetaNite) (5-0)
2. Mike A. (Scizor ex/Lati@s) (4-1)
3. Me (Delta) (4-1)
4. Fulop (MetaNite) (4-1, iirc)
5. Heather H. (Feral Queen) (4-1 or 3-2, not sure)
6. Mike O. (Delta)(3-2)
7. Andrew M. (Bandoom) (3-2)
8. Gymbo (Flygon ex-the original) (3-2)

Top 8: Vs. Mike O. (Mirror)

Game 1: He got down to 1 prize first, therefore I won.

(5-1)

Game 2: Same as above, and he benched a Magnemite. GG's.

(6-1)

Other Top 8 matches: Kim over Gymbo, Andrew over Mike A; and Fulop over Heather.

Top 4: Vs. Andrew M. (Bandoom)

Game 1: He got a Houndour start. I got a T2 'chu + DRE. GG. It was over in 2 minutes.

(7-1)

Game 2: This one took 13 minutes, I believe. He started with Houndour again, iirc, however he turned things around with a Crystal Beach lock. I scooped once I knew I had no chance. GG.

(7-2)

Game 3: We knew we had about 43 minutes to play this game. I went 2nd and got a Mentor going. I then proceeded to play another Mentor. In the end, it came down to him not having an energy. GG's, man.

(8-2)

In the other Top 4 match, Fulop beat Kim 2-0.

Finals: Vs. Fulop (MetaNite)

Game 1: He eliminated me from my last OH CC. Anyways, he got an ok start...same with me. Near the end, his Celebi ex really helped him. He also Windstormed all of my Cess. Crystals and Stadiums. I got down to 2 prizes, but couldn't pull the trigger. GG.

(8-3)

Game 2: He starts with something bad, can't remember what it was though. He gets T2 candied Meta and Nite. Not fair! I got smoked. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

(8-4)

After our games, Fulop gave me a DF pack in which he owed me. I opened it and there was a...Charizard star in it...JK. My bro got one, though.

Props:
-My bro winning
-My other bro getting 2nd
-My bros for pulling a Charizard star, a Gardevoir ex, and a Flygon ex combined
-Ryan Patterson, the PTO, for lending me a card
-Kim for the trade

Slops:
-Me for not winning
-"No personal timers allowed"(!?)
-Foisy
-Ohio

Look for my next report, win or lose, in two weeks. Cya!

Last edited:
your 4th round was against AJ, AJay couldn't make it to this one.

but yes, wasn't it fun. it was like dark pokemon fest.

Thanks for letting me know. *Edited* It was certainly an interesting deck. I would've like to have seen it fully set up.

The player you played against that you forgot the name of, was Heather H.

Other than that, sorry about the timer issue. Like most of Ohioians don't use Timers, it's forgien to us :lol:

As you can tell, I let the judges make the decision on that, since it's on the floor. But yeah, it's Ohio, Buckeyes do things differently! Maybe next time, I think they are ok! :smile:

Hey, congrats on your 2nd place bro! My Armaldo deck usually beats Raichu decks if it sets up like it's supposed to. It'll be hitting the deck-work board, as both losses were largely due to my inability to set up! If you get really bored and feel like driving out to Akron, OH on the 21st you should!

Back