Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sawk and Throh

pmg24

Sawk lv. 46 :fighting: 90 HP
Basic

Ablity: Sturdy
If Sawk doesn't have any damage counters on it and would be knocked by an opponents attack, Sawk is not knocked out and remains with 10HP.

:fighting::fighting: Close Combat 50
During your opoonents next turn any damage done to Sawk is increased by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

:fighting::fighting::colorless:
Intense Combat 60+
If Sawk has 10HP remaining, this attack does 60 damage plus 30 more damage.

Weakness: :psychic:x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: :colorless::colorless:

Throh lv. 44 :fighting 100 HP
Basic

Ability: Fighting Spirit
If Throh is your Active Pokemon and does not attack, each of Throh's attacks do 20 more damage during your next turn.

:fighting::colorless: Circle Throw 30
Switch the Defending Pokemon with one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

:fighting::fighting::colorless: Storm Throw 40+
You may do 40 damage plus 40 more damage. If you do, Throh does 40 damage to itself.

Weakness: :psychic:x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Last edited:
The equivalent combo to Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. But in my opinion, Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are cooler than Throh and Sawk. I wouldn't be surprised if it got a baby and 3rd one to make a trio when Gen 6 is released.

Not a bad card. I would reword Sturdy and Intense Combat though.

Sturdy
If Sawk doesn't have any damage counters on it and would be knocked by an opponents attack, Sawk is not knocked out and remains with 10HP.

Should be:

Sturdy
If Sawk doesn't have any damage counters on it and would be knocked by an opponents attack, Sawk is not knocked out and its remaining HP becomes 10 instead.

Intense Combat 60+
If Sawk has only 10 HP, this attack does 60 damage plus 30 more damage.

I like how Intense Combat has synergy to Sturdy, but it'd be hard to attack full power with it because it takes so long to charge and it's at risk of being polished off because of it's 10 HP.

Back