3 rare candy (evovle without grovyle)
2 switch (..)
2 town volunteers (avoid decking)
3 warp point (..)

19 energy
1 boost energy (could come in handy)
5 lightning energy
13 grass energy

the point is to get grass energy to discard, so they can be put on magneton with it's power, and then be moved around with the power of a rare sceptile.. the use of the trainers are described in parenthesis..

Remember, Magneton's Power puts Energy from the discard in your hand, not directly into play. So, you'll need something else if you want extra Energy speed. Roselia could work. Also, find room for a 4th Dunsparce. Other than that, looks ok. Of course, it'll get eaten by Blaze decks, but then again, what doesn't? ;)

20 pokemon
2 sceptile (energy trans)
3 grovyle (furry cutter)
4 treecko (tail slap)
2 sceptile ex
4 wurmpule
2 roselita
1 Cascon
2 Dustox

23 trainere
4 P.O.R.
4 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
3 PokeNurse
3 Reversal
2 low pressure system
3 rare candy
2 switch

17 energy
3 boost energy
14 grass energy

I think that this will work alot better because its alot faster and you deck dont need :lightning is resistent to water!!! :)

Heh. Part of the joke. But since that's a comment about my signature, you really could have used PMs to make that comment. To keep this post from being pure SPAM, I'll say this -- Wurmple could turn out to be a good idea, but remember that if you want to keep using Magneton, you won't be able to look for your Magnemites with Wurmple. Also, you may want to drop 1-2 Lightning Energy for Boosts.

I like this deck much better than your last one, twutt!! Not because I can beat it with my Blaziken deck ( lol ) ... or loose to it with my Swampert deck, but the Sceptile line is a really good one. If you can just accept the fact that it performs under par against fire and over par against water. As a bonus, remember Gardevoir ex is grass weak...

Well here are my thoughts on your deck:

- I'm a Dunsparce Man, go 4 on him. He can bring up the needed basics for your main attacker, but also basics that you don't need to run many of (like Wobbuffet if you choose him, Roselia etc etc). Wurmple can be good... no doubt, but I would rather try to avoid too much of that weakness if you know what I mean...

- Use Pokemon Nurse not Mr Briney. With Energy trans you can go *swooch swooch* and have a fully healed Sceptile ready for another major attack.

- I can't help it, but I like Sandstorm Vaporeon as a tech against fire. Reasons? Well: 1) He OHKO Blazikens & below, 2) He only needs ONE water and two other energies to attack 3) He's easy to find with the help of Eevee 4) He is easy to get into and out of the active position due to low retreat cost... and should the fire playing opponent choose to use HPS... Well... he just made it easier for you.

- Magneton could be good late game when you have lot of energy in play, but since you don't need his "electric powers" (other than that he's good with LPS), he can be replaced.

- Use 4 Grovyle w/Fury Cutter. That is one evil attack. 30 on average for 2 energies and the possibility of 70 damage. You don't need Rare candy as much as a Blaziken player, cos there's no energy in play to moove this early in the game. Use the free space for a Professor Elms Training Method or something...

Well, that's all I could dig up from my brain for the moment...

Good luck!!!

Last edited:
Look what my morning fresh brain just dug up:

POKEMON (22/11 basics):
4 Treecko (Quick attack)
4 Grovyle (Fury Cutter)
4 Sceptile (2 Holo, 2 Rare)
1 Sceptile ex
4 Dunsparce
2 Eevee
1 Vaporeon (fire tech)
1 Espeon (psychic tech)
1 Roselia

TRAINERS (20):
3 Prof Oaks Research
2 copycat
4 TV Reporter
2 Relic Hunter (finds stadium cards/supporters)
2 Pokemon Nurse
1 Low Pressure System
3 Warp point
2 Switch
1 Town Volunteer

ENERGY (18):
4 Multi Energy (Rainbow can be moved w/Energy Trans so I guess this one can too avoiding 2 on the same poke)
14 Grass

Well, this is sorta how I would play it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back