Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Screenshot of Gems sections for those who are curious

In addition to the other exciting features released in this month’s Pokémon TCG Online game update, we are beginning the initial testing phase for Gems. For testing purposes, we are limiting the scope of this rollout to players in Canada. We’ve created the FAQ below to cover some of the basics of Gems.

What are Gems?
Gems offer players a new way to obtain digital items in the Pokémon TCG Online game. Working in tandem with the code cards found in physical Pokémon TCG products and booster packs received from the Daily Login Bonus, Gems offer players even more options to expand their online collection.

How can I get Gems?
As part of this test, players in Canada can purchase Gems with real money by visiting the Buy Gems page on the Pokémon TCG Online website.

What can I buy with Gems?
During this test, the Shop will contain digital booster packs and theme decks from the Pokémon TCG: Black & White series.

Who can buy Gems?
Gem purchases are only available to players in Canada during this testing phase. These players must have the “Shopping” option in their Pokémon.com Trainer Club account set to “Open.” These settings can be found on the Account Preferences page.

Why can’t I buy Gems in my country?
The introduction of Gems to the Pokémon TCG Online marks the first time that the online game has directly accepted real money from its players. Adding Gems is a significant and complex step for the game. We want to ensure we get it right. Limiting the testing of Gems to a single market allows us to evaluate and refine our systems in a more controlled live environment than would be available with a simultaneous global release.

Additional information on Gems will be available in the coming weeks in the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Pokémon Support Center.

Comments are closed.

source:
http://www.pokemontcg.com/news/?p=527

Thanks for the screenshot! Can you post the cost for different items such as packs and theme decks in gems?

Theme decks cost 300 gems booster packs 100.

If you buy the most expensive gem bundle, you'll be able to purchase digital packs for approximately $3.80 Canadian,
Since you can buy an actual booster pack for that price that comes with digital code, I have no idea what they're trying to accomplish with that price point.

It really isn't much of a test run if no one is purchasing it.

I might go in at $0.50 a pack. Not $4. They're gonna price themselves out of a game...

29 packs for over 100 bucks? No thanks. I really hope nobody in Canada buys this crap- so they get the point that ONLINE should be CHEAPER since they dont even have an option like Magic does to cash in a complete set and receive it in the mail.

I was seriously really afraid they would do this.

Back