Secretsof2113's Dublin, OH battle road report!

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by secretsof2113, Oct 8, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

This was my second battle road for the season, and I decided to try out a Kingdra ex variant that I'd built during the week.

Round 1-Seriously, who gets a bye in the first round?

Round 2-against a player with an Eggs deck
    I started out with Riolu, and she had 1 eggs. I attach and flip for wild kick. Heads. She tries to hit me with direct hit bomb for nothing. Next turn, I mentor to fill my bench, evolve into Lucario and attach energy. I aura Sphere for KO on eggs, and 20 on the benched. She brings up another eggs, and benches a new one. Hits me for 10 with direct hit bomb. I Aura Sphere again for KO, and 20 onto the other eggs. She brings up number 3, hits me for nothing, and I Aura Sphere for game.

2-0

Round 3-Against Kevin E. and his T-tar MT deck.
    The game started out pretty slow, and he got ahead of me for a while. I was able to drop a lake boundary on a fully charged T-tar and OHKO it, bringing me down to 1 prize. He brings up another one, and hits me for 130, leaving me with 10 hp left. I drop down aother lake boundary to get rid of Sidney's, and take out his final T-tar for game.

3-0

Round 4-Against John C. and Empcario.
    He was having a really hard time getting out any energy. I just kept hitting until I cleared out his bench.

4-0

With the Bye, I'm currently sitting in first place, and now for top cut.

Round 1 Vs Melissa P and Vire-
    Game 1 went really slowly. We were tied prize for prize the entire game. She made a few misplays in the first game that could have caused her to beat me, but didn't. So i ended up destroying her Vire Lv. X for game 1 win. I had a Latios Ex on my bench that she could have sniped with Ray ex, but she didn't.

1-0

Round 2
    We end up playing to time, and I'm ahead in prizes at that point.

2-0

I move on to top 2.

Round 1 Vs Denny and Rampcario
    We both have a slow setup, but I manage to stay ahead for most of the game, finally winning after taking out his last Ramparados. He didn't notice I had one prize left.

1-0

Round 2
    My setup is terrible, and he T2's Ramparados, and sweeps the floor with me.

1-1

Round 3

I know I have the opportunity to come back, and my opening hand is Horsea, seadra, seadra, fighting energy, delta rainbow, switch, and windstorm. Great. I sleepy ball him for 10, and he wakes up, hits me for 30 with riolu. I draw, still no supporters. I evolve into seadra, and smokescreen for 20. He evolves into lucario, and hits me for 40, benching me for game. Just for the **** of it, I draw my next card, and low and behold.....hello Kingdra, so nice of you to join me.

1-2

So I placed 2nd. I'm glad I got as far as I did. I'm proud of Denny. His first year in masters, and he took two battle roads this weekend. Actually swept the one on Sunday that I judged.

Props:

Getting into a top cut.
    Kingdra Ex for being awesome
    Alleycat Game for having the TFG, and running Macs.

Slops:

Stupid rich Columbus drivers.
    Bad hands.
    Round 1 byes.

2. Heatherdu

Heatherdu New Member

Congrats! I had a bye too. What is up with that!?!?! I'm pretty sure your round 2 match up was with Cassie as she played Eggs.

Did you pull anything decent in your packs?

I think that I faced the deck the next day in Hilliard against Stephen and if I did it is a cool deck.

3. Naki Feralkin

Naki Feralkin New Member

Our decks are similar but not the same. Heather runs the Lucarios in her deck while I run 2 Pinsirs, a lati-lock, and a fearow.

What, no props for your loving boyfriend? :p

4. DarkMagnus

DarkMagnus New Member

And i've got a secret... to HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEE

way to make a top cut!

5. secretsof2113

Cassie was it. I couldn't remember her name!
    And I pulled crap out of all my packs. In my judge stuff, the best card I pulled was a Blissey. I did get some more Buizels though!

Stephen, you are always a prop. You know I love you.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  6. deogg

deogg New Member

Awwwwwwwww isn't that sweet *makes gagging motion*

LOL just messin with you guys! :tongue:

Heather, you shoulda let Dustin pick out what packs HE would take, and then you take what ones he wouldn't. It snagged me an Electavire Lv X and two Buizels (oh gee, I wonder where the Buizels went lol)

7. secretsof2113

He got a whole box though for the two BRs he judged. Ryan just gave him a sealed box. Mine was the opened one. XD Dustin got like no Buizels too. I pulled 3 I think. He only pulled Lucario X anyhow!

8. phoenixback4fire

phoenixback4fire New Member

You got a bye! on the first round ... So did I at the lexington Mass battle road

9. Hiro

Hiro New Member

Yeha a week earlyer I bought one from ebay, way to use my money huh? lol any way congrats on the T2. Crazy Denny somehow winning.

See you at the Manisfeild PR!