Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Seekers per Box?

I opened a box not too long ago and got 2 of them, but that may have just been an unlucky box. I also got 8 Indigo Plateaus :nonono:

In the 3 boxes I opened, it went like this.

Box 1: 4 normal seeker 1 rev seeker 1 of each of these primes: Gengar, Celebi, Machamp, Magnezone, Mew

Box 2: 4 normal seeker 1 of each of these primes: Celebi, Electrode, Magnezone, Absol, Machamp

Box 3: 5 normal seeker 1 rev seeker 1 of each of these primes: Gengar, Electrode, Machamp, Absol, Magnezone

I hope this helped!
Posted with Mobile style...

The number of uncommons in a box SAYS you should get 2 on average (not counting the reverse holo), but It's very possible to get more. TBH you're better off buying singles, you can get 1 each of all the GOOD primes, and a playset of all trainers, for cheaper than a box.

Let's make this a little bit more general...

On average, the number of a specific nonholo card that you will get is based on a combination of the number of packs you get, the number of cards of that specific rarity in the set, and the number of cards of that specific rarity in that pack. I believe the relationship will look something like this...

Average # of Cards = N
Number of Packs = p
Number of Cards of Rarity In Set = r
Number of Cards of Rarity In Pack = c (either 1, 3, or 5 depending on the rarity)

N = p * c / r

Of course, this is without taking into account the presence of Holos, RHs, and other set-specific rarity schemes. But, as far as NH Commons and Uncommons, it's going to be fairly accurate.

So, for the average number of NH Seeker you should expect in a Triumphant booster box would be...

36 * 3 / 29 = 3.724

Now, as far as the RH is concerned, that's a fairly similar calculation, where you take the number of possible cards that could be in the RH spot (which in this case is 98), and you divide that into the number of packs you bought. So it would look something like this:

36 / 98 = 0.367

So the total number of Seeker you would expect to get in a box of Triumphant, on average, is...

(36 * 3 / 29) + (36 / 98) = 4.091

And this would apply to any Uncommon card in the Triumphant set.

If there's any mistake in the above, please correct. I'm pretty certain this is the math for the average case, but I could be mistaken.

^You bring back baaaad memories from math class Bullados.

If I remember correctly we got 8 seekers and 4 primes (Magnezone, machamp, electrode and gengar) in our box.

Let's make this a little bit more general...

On average, the number of a specific nonholo card that you will get is based on a combination of the number of packs you get, the number of cards of that specific rarity in the set, and the number of cards of that specific rarity in that pack. I believe the relationship will look something like this...

Average # of Cards = N
Number of Packs = p
Number of Cards of Rarity In Set = r
Number of Cards of Rarity In Pack = c (either 1, 3, or 5 depending on the rarity)

N = p * c / r

Of course, this is without taking into account the presence of Holos, RHs, and other set-specific rarity schemes. But, as far as NH Commons and Uncommons, it's going to be fairly accurate.

So, for the average number of NH Seeker you should expect in a Triumphant booster box would be...

36 * 3 / 29 = 3.724

Now, as far as the RH is concerned, that's a fairly similar calculation, where you take the number of possible cards that could be in the RH spot (which in this case is 98), and you divide that into the number of packs you bought. So it would look something like this:

36 / 98 = 0.367

So the total number of Seeker you would expect to get in a box of Triumphant, on average, is...

(36 * 3 / 29) + (36 / 98) = 4.091

And this would apply to any Uncommon card in the Triumphant set.

If there's any mistake in the above, please correct. I'm pretty certain this is the math for the average case, but I could be mistaken.

Looks good to me, but this is assuming that all cards in a rarity have equal frequency of appearing. I haven't heard of this in pokemon, but MTG has been known to have 'rare' uncommons and such for the purpose of limited formats.

Back