Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Seniors BC provs Report 3rd...

moose101

Well, I wasn't going to write a report, but I am just so incredibly bored so I thought, why not?

Anyways, since I live less than 5 mins away from the venue, we left our house at the time registration started. We drove instead of walking so we don't have to walk back in the dark. When we got there, I saw a lot of people. There were a lot of familiar faces from BC, Washington, and Oregon. I handed in my decklist and waited for rosters with Matthew, Greg, and others. Finally, rosters went up and there were 31 seniors :eek: 1 short!! Luckily, another person signed up so we could have a top 8 cut! Finally pairings go up and I'm playing someone that I don't know.
They do a bunch of announcements to which I zone out until they say, "you may begin!".

Round 1 Put name here w/Fortress.dec on table 7
Scariest game of the day. I go SECOND with a lone litwick to their Pineco start. Pineco can do 80 damage turn 2 and I knew that if I couldn't get a basic, I have a good chance of getting donked. Luckily, he just attaches a steel energy and passes without using Focus energy and I anxiously drew my card. I had to choose between Sage's Training and N, I chose Sage. And I... whiff on a basic. I have 3 Call for family Litwicks and one Teleportation Burst one. I, unfortunately started with the teleportation burst one and can't get another basic. However, if I live another turn, I could use the Collector I got off of Sage for some Basics. I just attack for 10 hoping he doesn't have the energy+plus power. He attaches a fire energy? to Pineco and I am incredibly relieved. Then, he evolves :eek: I had no idea what Foretress could do so I quickly grabbed it to see how much damage it could do, 30... YES! I live! He attacks for 30. I then collector for Pichu, Litwick, and Doduo. I didn't think I needed Vileplume because he was a new player and probably didn't have many trainers. I just proceed to set up 2 Chandelures and sweep with smart damage placements.
1-0 Yay a win, Unfortunately, Jack loses because of Hayden's incredibly awesome cutting skills prizing 2 of Jacks Lampents (and Jack is bad at choosing which prize card to take)!

I wait for next round pairings with Matthew who is 0-1? I think.
Pairings go up, and..

Round 2 Arjun? w/Zekeels on table 6
I start lone Cleffa and go SECOND :nonono: . He starts Zekrom and attaches DCE and uses a supporter. He gets Mewtwo somehow and whiffs on the Plus Power!! :biggrin: . I survive! Anyways, I use Collector and Moncoms to get all my basics then Eeeek and stay asleep. I don't really remember much but in the end, I get everything set up and he runs out of energy after I KO both his Eelektriks.
It was a close game though.
2-0 Jack lost AGAIN! To Matthew! Didn't see that coming...

Wait for pairings, and...

Round 3 Kabir w/Celebi Mewtwo on table 2
I knew this matchup was difficult unless I could get an early vileplume, which I did. Turn 2 off of N or Twins, not sure. I know how to play against Mewtwo so that I can OHKO them without them hurting me. Surprisingly, he didn't run Tornadus. Which would've helped me. Was a close game in the end but this matchup gets 100x harder for him with Vileplume. I evantually win.
3-0

Lunch break, I think, or was it last round. Whatever, I just eat and wait for Pairings.

Round 4 Chase w/Zekeels on table 1!
There were 4 3-0s Me, Chase, Allan, and Koichi. Luckily, I get to play against Chase! This is an easier matchup than Durant or ZPS. I get a great start with a turn 2 or 3 trainer lock. I just attack Eels and he runs out of energy. I win on a really close game.
4-0
LOL, the descriptions are getting shorter because I don't remember much.

Now I know that I'm in top 8 because there are 5 rounds. And Allan beat Koichi so I'm playing him next round. I'm not expecting to win because, well, its Durant.

Round 5 Allan w/Troll, er, I mean Durant. On table 1!!
This game was really fast as most Durant matchups are. Anyways, I use N turn 2? and get rare candy, Lampent, Vileplume, Energy, MocCom, Litwick. With Oddish, and Litwicks, and Doduo benched and Cleffa active. So, I get Vileplume, 2 Lampents and Eeeek. From there I just attack every turn. I was down to 1 car in deck but I N'd it back to 5 or so. Then I win!
5-0 so Lucky.

I organize my deck and hand it in.

Top 8 looks like this.
1 Me w/Chandyplume
2 Allan w/Durant
3 Koichi w/ZPST
4 Kabir w/CM
5 Liam w/Zekeels
6 Chase w/Zekeels
7 Ian w/BDIF (Mew and friends)
8 April w/Durant
Chandyplume is BDIF obviously (besides what Ian was running). Lol.

I watch Connor and Matthew play and Connor just cheats by getting stuff from his discard, taking extra prizes, and getting random cards from his deck when he searches and we both laugh and I tell Matthew what he did. Then we play war with Pokemon cards.
Suddenly, Murray calls me over. He kept on saying "sorry" and he looked dissapoint, I was so scared! Apparently, I forgot to write RARE CANDY on my decklist! With a 3-0-2 Vileplume line, that isn't very helpful. He and Jasmine frantically look over the rule papers and leave the decision to Bidier. Apparently, there is lots of time left so Bidier just says he'll decide later. I knew that they will become Energies so Murray lent me some. (Which I still have BTW). To relieve stress, I play with RUBBER BANDS!! So much Fun! Murray teaches me to make a Double star! So cool, thanks.! Then I have to move because they are checking Masters decks now. I hang around with Matthew and Tony who I tell about the rare candy thing. They LOL, then Tony gets called over and he forgot to write EELECKTRIK on his decklist! I LOL at him and we wish each other luck before the top cut starts.

Top 8 April w/Durrrant.
I go SECOND! Very nervous going into this because, well, its Durant, need I say more? Fortunately, she doesn't get consistent Supporters and I set up a Chandelure turn 3 with endless Eeeeeks. I just keep on cursed dropping twice and attcking every other turn. I save an N in hand as well as a bunch of other cards and when I have less then 4 cards in my deck, I just N to put cards back. She also got tails often on Crushing hammer. I win evantually and am shocked at my accomplishment.
1-0
I go second obviously (I go second a lot) and she doesn't do much but devour for 1. I get a full bench of Litwicks and Doduosand pass. She still devours for 1 and I get set up. They get a supporter and start Devouring for 4 but I already start Cursed Shadowing. With smart damage placing and attacks, I put myself to 1 prize but 3 cards in deck. At this point, she has 2 Durants and no energy on the field. I attacked and passed last turn instead of using N in case they don't have a draw supporter as their one card in their hand. Luckily, she doesn't and just uses collector and some trainer then scoops seeing that she lost. She probably could've used Battle City and might've gotten a Supporter and maybe win.
2-0

I was in shock. I had lots of time to wait because the Durant matchup is a very fast game. I waited with Cor, Kevin, Jack, and Connor. Connor kept on stealing my rubber band. We watched Ricky play against David Cohen. I couldn't really see from where I was sitting. The other matches start wrapping up and the winners are... Me, Liam, Koichi, and Ian, I'm the only Canadian! I really wanted to play against Ian so I wouldn't have to set up trainer lock but I knew that I was playing against Liam next round.

Top 4 Liam w/Zekeels
Easy matchup... IF I HAD RARE CANDIES!! Anyways, same game plan. Just set up and attack. Unfortunately, I start to dead draw and he sets up the OHKOs with Zekrom EX. He also gets a fast set up but he wastes a lot of trainers early game, LOL. I am able to take a prize card! He wins pretty quickly.
0-1

I go FIRST!!! for the first time today... I get a T1 Playground and get 1 Oddish for Lolz. He attaches to something and can't attack so passes. I set upa Lampent with an energy and Dodrio then pass. He Catchers ODDISH and KO's it. I see an opportunity. I bench another lone Oddish, hoping he'll leave my Chandelures alone and start to attack. I was correct as he Catchers and KOs my ODDISH once more! I KO some Eels and attack. He can't charge a Zekrom EX and doesn't KO me. I proceed to take prizes with smart damage placements and attacks. It comes down to 1-1 prizes and I win ! Like a BOSS.
1-1

He knew that if it went to time, he would win easily which is why he played through the last game even though he had no chance. We set up. I Mulligan a couple of times and finally get a basic. A lone Oddish... My hand? Oddish, Psynrg, Psynrg, Psynrg, Chandelure, Rescnrg, Lampent. WORST. HAND. EVER. Anyways, he goes first and starts Mewtwo EX... Ya, he donked. Well, I checked my top card and it was a Psynrg so I probably would've lost anyways.
1-2

I still LOL at the fact I won 1 game and even made it that far without Rare candy. I wish him luck in top 2 and go to collect my prizes. It turns out that I still won the travel award because I was the only Canadian in top 4 and Ameriicans can't get our Travel Award. Tony also won his top 16 match in a mirror WITHOUT Eelektriks! Amazing. I still get a trophy which is awesome!! In my packs, I get a FA Zekrom EX! and Regigigas EX!

PROPS
Winners for winning
Getting the travel award
Winning at least 1 game against everyone I played
Beating Durrrant 3 TIMES!
Matthew, Greg, etc
Jack, Connor, Cor, Ricky, Kabir, Kevin, etc.
Staff for running the event and stuff
Finally getting a Zekrom EX in FA form
Chandelure
Americans for coming up to the frozen, ice cold place we call Canada
Ricky and Josh for also winning the Travel awards
Mel, Tony, Garik, etc. For making top cut!
Trophies instead of Medals!
Not saying Power Spray all report!... Wait, NOOOO

Slops
Durrrant
spelling Durrrnat with 3 "r"'s
Durrrrrrrrrrrrant
spelling Durrrrrrrrrrrrrant with a bunch of "r"'s
also, DURRRRRRRRANT
and forgetting rare candies
BUT ALSO, DURRRRRRRRANT!
No offence Durrrrrrrrrrant players, I just don't like the card.

Last edited:
really hated to give out penalties, but so many decklist error that day :nonono: but good job on still getting the travel award :cool:

Remember BJ, you're not "giving out" penalties. Joey's "earning them" :)

But yea, great work even without the candies! Don't let me catch you with an illegal decklist again :p no mercy for second time offenders. Mwhahaha

Bidier -LOL, ya I heard at least 4 people had mistakes! and thanks!

Hayden -I know it was you, how'd you do it? Magic? JK, what place did you come in?

Mr. Scary Murray Muffin -pfft, who needs candies in Chandyplume. I will remember to check my decklist from now on.

Sorry Jack, harison is rather a silly guy. That kid spams Jacob L like crazy LOL but if he likes to troll people so just ignore him LOL, well grats moose! I topped 8 both ;'[

Jack, hopefully see you at nats? I'm sure u got the trip paid.

Sorry Jack, harison is rather a silly guy. That kid spams Jacob L like crazy LOL but if he likes to troll people so just ignore him LOL, well grats moose! I topped 8 both ;'[

Lol I don't mind, he provided some entertainment today. =D

I'm going to Nats for surez, unfortunately didn't get the Paid Trip (yet) for Regs, only $300 (long story on why that happened). But yeah, see you at Nats.

Sorry Joey, didn't mean to take over your thread. =P

(Also, Hatjen, yeah I ran bad all day, it sucks lol).

Silly Trolls, LOL.

MiniWade - Ya thanks, you don't have to win provincals, as long as you top at nats, its all good ;)

Jack - Thats okay, at least you got your entertainment, Lol. Hopefully, I will go to nats as well! Also, POWer SPRAY!!

smacktack - Apparently not, if an American wins in Canada they don't get the travel award, and vice versa. Jack was mistakenly told this wasn't true so they took his free trip away and gave him $300 for apoligies.

Last edited:
How much points you at? Also Jack I can't believe it LOL I was at 5 after first regionals now i'm sitting at 43 xD

---------- Post added 03/22/2012 at 10:19 AM ----------

You guys should read and check out my reports and reply :D

MiniWade - I think I have 34 but unless I get the trip, probably not going even with an invite.

Julian - thanks! Are you going to nats.

Wow Hamza you're too cool, oh and I spammed Zach and he blocked me from his cell LOL

---------- Post added 03/22/2012 at 12:03 PM ----------

LOL and Zach Lesage just blocked me on Facebook! How bout I put some pictures of Jacob flicking someone off up on Pokegym! How does that sound Zach!

Back