Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Serious computer issues

Porii Sames

I have windows 9, and while i was just derping around online like i usually do, all of the sudden the majority of my files turned to windows media player. So whenever i click on something (say MS word or calculator) it takes me to windows media player. I can change the properties of what everything opens in (so instead of media played it could be internet explorer or word) but how do i make things go back to normal? i also already ran virus scans and nothing popped up, so i just need some help here. thanks all.

You don't have Windows 9, since Windows 8 isn't even in Alpha yet.

I would suggest using System Restore to restore to a date prior to when you started having this problem. You can get to System Restore via the program in the start menu or within safe mode. To get into safe mode, restart your computer and dance on the F8 key until it brings up a menu with Safe Mode on it.

Assuing this isn't a troll, and you have vista or windows 7:

Navigate to Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs
and then click the "default" buttons to set everything back.

You don't have Windows 9, since Windows 8 isn't even in Alpha yet.

I would suggest using System Restore to restore to a date prior to when you started having this problem. You can get to System Restore via the program in the start menu or within safe mode. To get into safe mode, restart your computer and dance on the F8 key until it brings up a menu with Safe Mode on it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

system restore fixed everything fine! all my files and everything and no more problem! seriously thanks man.

@cabd i had already tried that but thank you too! :D

Back