Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shadowed Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewoxys666

Before I post this, forgive me if this deck sounds completely scrubby. It has been quite sometime since I played this due to an unfortunate event resulting in my cards going missing. So I will be starting from scratch here. I did some research on the new format, and as far as I can tell it seems likely hand control may be possible once more which brought to mind my favorite candidate for that, Honchkrow. Thus begins the deck list:

Pokemon:16
4 Murkrow SW (Dusk Stone)
2 Honchkrow MT
2 Honchkrow Lv X
1 Mareep PL
1 Ampharos PL
1 Giratina PL #10 (Over Slash)
1 Giratina Lv X PL
1 Cresselia MD
1 Cresselia Lv X
1 Azelf LA
1 Uxie LA

Trainers:14
3 Warp Point
3 Night Maintenence
2 Quick Ball
2 Dusk Ball
2 Premier Ball
2 Rare Candy

Supporters:14
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Galactic Mars
2 Bebe's Search
2 Galactic's Wager
2 Cynthia's Feelings

Tools:3
3 Energy Link

Stadiums:3
2 Snowpoint Temple
1 Moonlight Temple

Energy:10
4 Dark
3 Call
3 Basic Dark

Took a lot out of me opting out Claydol for Uxie. I'm not too sure if Claydol is locked down by anything like Miasma Valley/ Amphy or anything else, so I chose the drop and swap Uxie for utility purposes. I slipped in 2 techs for this deck which greatly increase playibility imo. Giratina Lv X forces an opponent to drop a card for his chance to attack, leaving less cards in the hand for my turn to cut out. Mars is obvious enabler/disabler 3 card advantage. Since I have such a lack of energy, I saw Energy Link as a viable option for preventing any loss of energy, not that I should lose any off of Honchkrow if played well, and also in case of any sniping decks aside Flygon X capable of of one shotting my Krow. Amphy seemed worthy of a test run alongside this strat, since all I have to do is drop one Feint Attack on an early Baltoy/late Claydol and it's Power is shut down. I was hesitant to put in Moonlight and Snowpoint solely because of Flygon, but I can always edit it if it proves to be a liability. Cress is a much lesser option, simply for expressing the damage spread and control with the tech Amphy. It's kind of an experimental (a lie. Completely experimental) Rogue deck since I got bored of following metagame standards. I just however remembered T-Tar was beginning to pick-up right before my cards were taken. Any suggestions, revisions, etc would be fabulous I like seeing some feedback for any and all ideas. Thanks in advance.

Being a former Honchkrow player, I just decided to try rebuilding the deck with the RR cards. I think the Swarm Murkrow is much better than the dusk stone one because it can start your swarm effectively. One idea is to use 1 dusk stone version and get it with your first swarm attack. I think Absol (SW) is a must in this deck, especially with the trainer/supporter heavy SP decks! Claydol really hurt the discarding effect of this deck and I like your idea of shutting Claydol down with Amphoros, but am not sure it is worth all the cards. I run 4 plus power in my deck as this really helps with damage output. Upper energy really makes this deck playable again and you should have at least 2. If you run the other murkrow, you can get by without call energy. Here's something close to my list:

23 Pokemon
4 Murkrow (Swarm)
2 Honchkrow
2 Honchkrow Lvl X (having 2 level X is great in mid to late game)
3 Absol (Baleful Wind)
2 Jirachi (RR)
2-2 Claydol
2-2 Mightyena (LA) SP (and others) counter! I thought about Manetric (SF) to prevent bench damage (protect your Honchkrows)
2 Unown G (needed with Gengar out there!)

25 T/S/S
4 Bebe's
4 roseannes
4 plus power
4 pokedrawer+
3 warp point
2 night maint.
2 premier ball
1 buck's
1 luxary balll
I think I forgot the stadiums!!! Yikes, goes and fixes deck...Snowpoint for something else...

12 energy
4 special dark
4 basic dark
4 upper energy

In my one game so far, I OHKO'd my sons Dusknoir before it leveled up! More testing to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back