Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sharkbait (MF Sharpedo/Victreebel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Lizard

The lack of disruptive positional control trainers, except for the underpowered Pokémon Reversal, has radically altered the new Modified Format.

As of now, there's not much you can do to pull an opponent's big hitter up from the bench before it's ready to maul you. There's still one possibility though: Aquapolis Victreebel.

Pairing Bel with a fast Water-type hitter and some TecH singles, here is a first draft of one possible list:

Shark Bait

Pokémon (18)
4 Bellsprout (AQ, 50HP)
1 Weepinbell (AQ)
3 Victreebel (AQ)
3 Carvanha (RS)
3 Sharpedo (RS)
1 Sableye (SS)
1 Solrock (SS)
1 Lunatone (SS)
1 Electabuzz (SS)

Trainers (24)
3 Lanette's Netsearch
3 Fastball
3 Rare Candy
3 Copycat
3 Oracle
2 Switch
1 Water Cube
1 Strength Charm
4 Power Charge
1 TV

Energy (18)
4 Darkness
4 Rainbow
5 Water
5 Grass

Besides their value as TecH attackers (in a pinch), Sableye, Solrock and Lunatone get you early draw (ubfortunately by using an attack). I think using them over Delcatty may be worth it, but I may go with a 2/2 Delcatty line instead.

I nearly cut Strength Charm and Water Cube, but their value is potentially very high, particularly in the late game.

I'm committed to making Victreebel viable, but this may not be the best build at all...

Well I like this decks idea A LOT. I mean this is going on the right track to making victreebell good. I dont know about Sharpedo yet Its a great card but I dont know if its THE BEST card for the strong stage 1 (prolly is though)

I think the 2/2 delcatty is a nessecity for me but with only 10 basic land you cant play it. so maybe 2/2 furret? just a thought. If you do go that way Id try using multi energy then. thats 12 different ways to have dark out X_x Anyways Ill be trying this out. TTY on AIM

~Monkey

Hey...yes, Victreebel is SWEET...but you need some SICK power...what about Scizor AQ Suicune...you get the big hitter out of Scizor and a tech basic water attacker for Fire...

Hmmm... something like...

Pokémon (18)
4 Bellsprout (AQ, 50HP)
1 Weepinbell (AQ)
3 Victreebel (AQ)
3 Scyther
2 Scizor
1 Suicune
2 Sentret
2 Furret

Trainers (26)
3 Fan Club
3 Fastball
3 Rare Candy
3 Oak's Research
3 Oracle
4 Moo moo =/
2 Switch
4 Power Charge
1 TV

Energy (16)
4 Metal
4 Rainbow
6 Grass

Hmmmm.... I dunno. I feel A Blaziken rash coming on here...

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... I dunno. I feel A Blaziken rash coming on here...[/QUOTE]

So do I!! 1 Suicune wouldn't be enough.

I kind've like the Sharpedo one better and use Wobuffer and Solrock as backups. Scizor could work too with maybe a couple more Suicune? Depends how much Blaziken will be played by the time tourneys start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back