Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shielding Embrace (something new I've thrown together, advice welcomed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtok

Shielding Embrace

Pokémon - 25

3-3-3 Bastiodon (Fossils aren't counted under Pokémon)
2-2-2-1 Gardevoir Lv.X
2-2-1 Magnezone (w/Magneton PK & Magnemite DP1)
2-2 Bronzong
2-2 Furret

Trainers - 16

3 Armor Fossil
3 Fossil Excavator
3 Rare Candy
2 Roseanne's Research
2 Celio's Network
2 Night Maintenance
1 Time-Space Distortion

Energies - 18

4 - Special :metal: Energy
3 - Basic :metal: Energy
6 - Basic :psychic: Energy
2 - Holon Energy WP
3 - Double Rainbow Energy

Strategy

Bastiodon serves as the Primary Attacker in this deck, backed up by Gardevoir (if needed). He is also a wall that will protect me from snipers.
Gardevoir is mainly used for her PokePowers. She helps my set-up with her Telepass power, grabbing up the effects of any supporters my foe uses. The Lv. X's Teleportation helps get my wounded and/or Status Ailing Bastios out of the line of fire (assisting Magnezone in this aspect).
Magnezone, as stated above, is present to Magnetize my Bastios and get them running around a lot faster(mostly to and from the bench, but sometimes out to get a Pepsi).
Magneton PK & Bronzong work in tandem as a draw engine, with Bronzong drawing two or four cards with Miracle Oracle (at the cost of discarding an energy card or two, depending on how many Bronzi's I have out) and Magneton catching those energies and returning them to my hand with it's Magnetic Field (at the cost of discarding a single card, netting me a draw 4 for 1 discard bargin! ;))
Furret & Sentret are there to help me get everything started, and will likely have to take one for the team.

Options

I'm somewhat doubtful of Furret's use as a starter here, as I have to evolve her as well as get one of my two Sentrets out first turn. Not an easy thing, I know. Nor am I entirely sure of my need for a starter, so I have these two options at hand:
1) -2 Sentret, -2 Furret; +1 Armor Fossil, +1 Sheildon, +1 Bastiodon, +1 Celio's Network
This will allow me to get more Bastios for my main assault, and Celio's help is appreciated to get them out sooner.
2) -2 Sentret, -2 Furret; +3 Girafarig, +1 Celio's Network
Girafarig can grab up trainers with it's Crane Neck (likely Fossils and sweet, sweet Candy) and Celio helps with set up.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

:( 28 views and nobody wants to even give a little advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shielding Embrace
Pokémon - 25

3-3-3 Bastiodon (Fossils aren't counted under Pokémon)
2-2-2-1 Gardevoir Lv.X
2-2-1 Magnezone (w/Magneton PK & Magnemite DP1)
2-2 Bronzong
2-2 Furret

Trainers - 16

3 Armor Fossil
3 Fossil Excavator
3 Rare Candy
2 Roseanne's Research
2 Celio's Network
2 Night Maintenance
1 Time-Space Distortion

Energies - 18

4 - Special :metal: Energy
3 - Basic :metal: Energy
6 - Basic :psychic: Energy
2 - Holon Energy WP
3 - Double Rainbow Energy

Cool deck idea :smile: I do see a few problems though... first is the huge amount of pokemon, I'd take out either the magnezone and Bastiodon sets or the Gardevior and Bronzong sets, no offence but 26 pokemon is too much (Your count was slightly off evern without the 3 fossils) plus gardevior LV.X's teleporting only teleports itself (Either to bench or from it)

for Gardevior and Bronzong you will have to go elsewere (I'm guessing you want a Bastiodon deck right?)

here are some changes you could do for a Bastiodon + Magnezone deck.

POKEMON

- 2-2-2-1 Gardevoir Lv.X (Not really needed and kind gets in the way :tongue:)

- 1 Sheildon (If i spelted it correct :tongue:) (You only need 2 w/ rare candies.)

- 2-2 Furret (You shouldn't have a prblem setting up now.)

+ 2-1-1 Magnezone (Magnezone is a beast! =P)

+ 1 Armor Fossil (Wanted for Armored robbory and defenceive battery :biggrin: *Shot for bad puns*)

+ 1 Minun (draw 2 cards if they kill you? Thank you)

that'll have you end up with 21 poke's (That's counting the fossils!)

Trainers

- 1 Night Maintenance (Your pokemon shouldn't be dieing that much!) (Or 2 if you can add in another TSD...)

- 1 Fossil Excavator (Don't need three)

+ 1 Roseanne's Research (They rock just that much.)

+ 4 quickball (They are awesome)

+ 3 Copycat (With Absol running around everywhere this may save your aa... Game)

+ 2 windstorm (With Cessasion crystal everywhere it is a good thing to have)

+ 2 great ball (For more speedy pokemon grabbing)

now you'll have 23 trainers without counting the fossils (Much healthier munber than 16)

Energies

- 6 psychic energy (No psychic pokemon = no need)

- 2 holon energy WP (No psychic energies = no need)

+ 3 scramble energy (They count as 3 metal energies when you are loosing)

+ 3 basic metal energies (For basic reasons :lol: *shot again for more bad puns*)

now you'll have 16 energies (Didn't quite need 18)

There! That should work better now. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back