Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shiftry Blur

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikePK

Thinking of gust stuff. Adding Victreebell to stuff is just.... well... a LOT of room. I wanted to run it with this, but I think this works okay without it. I wanna make this awesome, but right now I think its just pretty good. Dunno how it can get better though... Here's the list, strat afterwards.

Pokemon - 23

4x Seedot
4x Nuzleaf
3x Shiftry (Feint attack)
2x Sentret
2x Furret
2x Wailmer
2x Wailord
4x Dunsparce

Trainers - 21

3x Birch
4x TV reporter
4x Desert Shaman
3x Power Charge
2x Crystal Shard
1x Switch
1x Low Pressure System
3x Prof Elm's Training Method

Energy - 16

6x Grass
5x Water
1x Warp
4x Boost

---

K, there it is. Boosts can get u back in the game after a Shiftry goes down. Works perfect with ... well, every evolution in the deck. Furret, lord, shift, they can all abuse it pretty well. 3 Power charge, hopefully 2 go off and u can just abuse the shiznite out of Boost. Starting u try and get 3 energy to shiftry so u can save your boosts for later, but if you have to start boosting early, so be it.

Hitting the bench for 40 isn't too bad. its not the greatest, but stuff that can't heal (like Blaze) takes a beating I think. Stuff that can heal, like Aggron, well... thats a much harder matchup lol.

The first shiftry hopefully comes out fast, and if they get a slow start, its almost gg as you can pick off stuff pretty well. Not as damaging as Salamence, but much easier to build. Also, the 60 attack is nice with a G and boost.

So, fixes, comments, whatever are welcome. Thanks.

I stared at the post 4 lik3 15 minutes and the only thing I can think of is to drop a TV Reporter / Shaman for a 2nd switch. I think it'll come in handy more often than not? N you still have pleanty of draw....

I can't think of much right now, mainly b/c I've been racking my brain for the last 2 1/2 hours trying to desperately find a place to have States in just over a month. Looks lik3 it could work though. I'll hit ya back when I can think of something remotely intelligent >_<

Duck

Last edited:
I used to play a deck like this one.:)

I don't have much to say because you did a great job of building it. I think you could do without the water energy, maybe add a switch and some grass...or a fourth Power Charge.

Good luck.

Thanks alot Chad and Grimer.

I may drop the waters, that sounds like a fairly good idea, that way i can add in some more special energies too, maybe another warp or something. I also think i"m gonna drop a TV reporter for another birch, since Furret abuses it, I made the trainer list out before i added in furret I think lol.

Thanks again guys, keep em coming. How do u think this will work in the current metagame?

I noticed that you don't have any stadiums in this deck. Your meta game may not require them, but I have noticed when running my Aggaron deck that ancient ruins can help alot when your running a furret deck.(edit: I just noticed the 1 LPS)

Last edited:
Here's the new list all. I still haven't been able to test this that much, but I think meditite is needed to give me any shot at beating Aggron. PLus its really nice against Ampy and other stuff.

Pokemon - 24

4x Seedot
4x Nuzleaf
3x Shiftry (Feint attack)
2x Sentret
2x Furret
2x Wailmer
2x Wailord
4x Dunsparce
1x Meditite

Trainers - 20

4x Birch
3x TV reporter
4x Desert Shaman
3x Power Charge
2x Crystal Shard
1x Low Pressure System
3x Prof Elm's Training Method

Energy - 16

6x Grass
4x Fighting
2x Warp
4x Boost

So there's the new list. Not a huge change. Dropped a switch for a meditite, replaced some energy counts and types. 2 Warp energy now, which isn't that great of a replacement for switch, but at least its something. Switched the Birch/TV reporter counts also.

A few questions for all of you:

1) How do you think this stacks up in the current metagame?
2) Anything really crazy in TA/TM that just makes this deck useless?

Thanks, fixes and comments welcome and such...

I like your version of the deck, but Cacturne does virtually the same thing. It has less HP, but it has a Brutal power. Adding Xatu, of course, makes it a Gojira, and it also keeps Cacturne alive longer. You may want to find room for a Furret line, but IMO it's not needed. Alrighty then, here's the new deck:

Pokemon - 22

4x Cacnea (Power)
3x Cacturne
4x Natu (SK)
4x Xatu (SS)
2x Wailmer
2x Wailord
3x Dunsparce/Fett (I know what ur thinkin, but it'll help...)

Trainers - 22

4x Birch
3x TV reporter
4x Desert Shaman
2x Power Charge
2x Crystal Shard
2x Low Pressure System
3x Prof Elm's Training Method/Master Ball
2x Switch

Energy - 16
6x Psychic
6x Water
4x Boost

This deck may seem a little strange, but I think it could work. First off, it dominates Gardy. It may not fair well against Blaze/??? decks, but it will do good against MOST (Note I said most) Archetypes (IE Kingdra, Gardy,etc...) and rogues. Hope I helped!
-Swampy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back