Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shining Magikarp

No, Gyarados evolves from Magikarp period. Vileplume doesn't evolve from Dark Gloom either.

Thank you for the help.

But would a Shining Magikarp (& Misty's Magikarp) in the discard pile, Count for Tail Revenge Gyarados (Stormfront-19/100)?

Tail Revenge: 30X
Does 30 damage times the number of Magikarp in your discard pile.

I don't think so, it wouldn't. If you want to get beyond the damage cap, I would suggest Expert Belt, Pluspower, Crobat G, Skunktank G. You could try Blackbelt too. Cursed Stone might be somewhat useful and Desert Ruins might make a comeback with the exs coming out.

I don't think so, it wouldn't. If you want to get beyond the damage cap, I would suggest Expert Belt, Pluspower, Crobat G, Skunktank G. You could try Blackbelt too. Cursed Stone might be somewhat useful and Desert Ruins might make a comeback with the exs coming out.

Just so you know, the new EX pokemon are unaffected by the things the old ex Pokemon were affected by. Desert Ruins won't do anything to them.

Can Shining Magikarp evolve into a Gyarados?

No. To expand on what ppl have already said, no it cannot. Gyrados evolves from Magikarp. You have to take this quite literally, the card under it has to read Magikarp and that's it. Shining Magikarp can evlove into Shining Gyrados however. Again as far damage output for tail revenge, you have to take the literal text on the card, Magikarp. Not (insert something here)'s Magikarp. Hope this helps clear it up further :smile:

Semantics. :lol: 1 7 1 7 1 7

It's not semantics if he's disproving the whole point :p

But yeah, every word in the title counts towards things such as attacks, there is one set of Deoxys that are an exception to this as he changes between formes and that power really does just mean anything with the name Deoxys or any forme there of

Obviously the best strategy is to See Off a Gyarados so you can Tail Revenge for 120 base. Be the coolest kid on the block.

It's not semantics if he's disproving the whole point :p

But yeah, every word in the title counts towards things such as attacks, there is one set of Deoxys that are an exception to this as he changes between formes and that power really does just mean anything with the name Deoxys or any forme there of

Party Foul bro. Whatevs, I'm over it. :smile:

Back