Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shooting star

Status
Not open for further replies.

light_gengar

I'm not trying to "out-post"a deck made by Archaic, but I felt that it would be rude to post my deck list on his thread, so I decided to start my own. The concept is the same, but I set mine up a little differently:
3-Gardevoir D (ds)
1-Gardevoir (em)

2-Porygon (uf)
2-Porygon 2 (ds)

3-Staryu (dx)
3-Starmie D (ds)

1-Registeel Ex (hl)

3-Celio's Network
2-Steven's Advice
2-Copycat
2-Rocket's Admin.
2-Holon Researcher
2-Holon Mentor
3-Rare Candy
1-Crystal Shard

2-Holon's Magneton (C'mon, these are energy. Nobody will ever fight with this thing.)
8-Psychic

Okay, so the basic strategy here is to get energies out with Staryu D and move 'em with Gardevoir D. Registeel EX is in there as a meat-shield and a pretty decent damage dealer. Porygon2 is there to bench-warm and just keep picking up cards. Gardevoir from EM is obviously there for healing.

To start, any pokemon really works. Starmie can really mess with an opponent who starts with jirachi or plusle and has another bench. (Pretty much a "warp point" attack) I decided to play the EM ralts because it can cause an equal amount of disruption by puting the defending pokemon asleep (and hopefully they stay that way), and finally the porygon has 3-D attack (flip 3 coins- 10 for each heads), so it can deal light damage, or just be used as a Punching bag while you build the bench. And then there is Registeel EX- The reason that I only run one Registeel EX is it decreases the chances of him being my only starting basic.

Porygon2 works great in this game with copycat/stevens/Radmin.
-with stevens: use Backup (draw until you have 6 in your hand) and then steven's- gives you the max amount of cards in your hand without over-stepping the limit to play the card.
-with copycat: your opponent has only one card? no problem. leave them struggling, and if you have a bad hand, get that one card, and then Backup.
-with/against Radmin: late game, you get admin'd and you only have one prize? no problem... BACKUP!

Any questions? I'd be happy to answer them.
Any Advice to fix it? I'd be happy to hear it! Thanks!

Last edited:
How will you ever get the crystal shard when you need it? Never. Also quicker decks will maul porygon and starmie so fast, that the gardy's won't even get out.

-1 registeel ex
+1 crystal shard
-2 holon researcher
+2 warp point
-2 magnetic storm
+1 desert ruins
+1copycat

Hi light gengar,

Cannot see Porygon 2 work in this deck. For one there is little the deck needs and cannot obtain on its own without the need to fill a bench slot and there is little disabler material that would be worth to obtain from the deck and rid the hand with. Also the third Starmie δ is not needed at all in this deck. It does no more than search for four cards total. Thus two of them and a decent deck manipulation engine is all that is needed. The energies look good.

MERCURY

POKEMON (17):

2 Registeel Ex (beatdown)
4 Gardevoir δ (beatdown)
2 Starmie δ (searches)
2 Staryu (evolution)
3 Kirila (evolution)
4 Ralts (evolution)

TRAINER (28):

4 Holon Research Tower (enable)
3 Ancient TM Rock (enable)
4 Bill's Mantainance (draw)
4 Celio's Network (draw)
4 Rare Candy (enable)
3 TV Reporter (draw)
3 Great Ball (draw)
3 Copycat (draw)

ENERGY (15):

8 Psychic Energy
3 Holon Energy
4 Metal Energy

This version tries to broaden the tactical choices available to the user. In addition to a evil knievel swarm focused on swarmer hatred we know have tank beatdown with Registeel Ex and a nice hunter twist with both Registeel Ex and Gardevoir δ. Just ensure Gardevoir δ is able to survive to abuse Rage with Holon's Researcher Tower out.

Thanks Dark Umbreon!
What happens if My starter is Registeel? just let him sit there and take the whacks? I feel that I need some way to get him out of there, and to get gardy out as well if I don't draw holon... think that could be a problem?

Nice deck, Light Gengar. But I was thinking this: what if you replace the Gardevoir line with the Metal Juncture Metagross line from HL, and use Metagross EX for tankage?

light_gengar said:
Thanks Dark Umbreon!
What happens if My starter is Registeel? just let him sit there and take the whacks? I feel that I need some way to get him out of there, and to get gardy out as well if I don't draw holon... think that could be a problem?

That's about all you can do, really. And with its power, it'll take a few of those wacks before going down, giving you enough time to setup in most cases. As backup, my original version of Mercury includes Warp Point for some of those tight spots, but you will lose some draw by putting those in. Not that you shouldn't have enough draw to be able to afford it though.

You will need Holon Research Tower though. At least 2, preferably 3 or 4. You simply can't afford to be stuck in a situation where you don't have enough Metal Energy, and it's almost a certainty that you'll lose 1 or 2 whenever you lose a Registeel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back