Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Side events?

Lucario-Master

What kinda of side events will there be at worlds?
I dont remember too many other then some stuff on day 3 but was wondering if they have side tournys or anything like that on the day of grinderes or anything.

I don't know for sure what will happen this year, but based on the previous 3 or 4 years, there is usually no side events the day of the grinder.

On Saturday, Free events include 8 person single elimination pick up tournaments, and league play. In the 8 person tourny, at least one win generally gets you a prize. You also can play League - play any person and then the winner draws two cards from the stack and gets to keep the one they want. The cards are either a foil, a rare or direct you to winning some other item - playmatt, theme deck, hat, etc.

I think they also have had 8 person sealed tournaments, and team (2vs2) tournaments although these will cost money.

On Sunday they start with Undaunted Prereleases - Three or 4 flights worth. The cost is about $25 US. Once these get going, the side events will switch back to league and 8 person pick up tournaments. Side events close down around 3 or 4 PM to get ready for the finals in both the VCG and TCG championships.

There typically is a gaming room that is open 24 hours a day starting either Thursday night or Friday morning, where you can hang out, trade and play pick-up games with people from around the world.

It seems that there is some sort of organized event Saturday Night anyway - A Pokemon Dive In Movie.

I saw this on the event site and this pushed me over the edge. It's official; I'm jellis!!11!eleventyone1!

We have a wine country film festival where a big screen gets strung between trees in a vineyard, the projector runs, people sit in chairs or on grass, sipping wine, and eating tasty food.

A screen between palm trees, decent speakers, a pokemon movie, the lagoon, tiki torches, a lounge chair, a mai tai or three, a plate of Hawaiian short ribs, heaven.

Great idea TPCi.

Side Events opened early this year on Friday afternoon...There were free; 8 person; single elimination tournaments with boosters for the top 4 players....

On Saturday, There was League and there were some sealed team events and some booster drafts in addition to the 8 person single elimination tournaments........There were prereelases on Sunday...and League on Sunday....

Back