Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Silent Lab wording question

Otaku

I can't think of any current cards where this will matter, but Silent Lab states
Each Basic Pokémon in play, in each player's hand, and in each player's discard pile has no Abilities.
I can think of no examples where this is currently relevant (though I may have simply missed them), but if an effect referenced whether or not a Basic Pokémon had an Abilty, then while Silent Lab was in play would said effect register Basic Pokémon as not having Abilities printed on them?

As a hypothetical example, what if we received an Evolved Pokémon with the Bright Down Ability found on Latias-EX?

Bright Down
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon with Abilities.

Obviously it wouldn't matter for the actual Latias-EX with Bright Down; as it is a Basic its Bright Down is already shut off, but for the hypothetical Evolved Pokémon with Bright Down, would Bright Down "recognize" an attacking Basic Pokémon that has an Ability as still having that Ability while Silent Lab is in play?

Thank you for your time, especially as this one is mostly about satisfying my curiosity/understanding how the card works in more detail than is currently necessary.

Last edited:
Back