Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Simon B. ~ Top 8 Masters ~ Oregon State Championship

Blitzer

Hey all, I'm going to make this report relatively fast because I am veryyy tired right now haha.

Before tourney I'm in between Zekrom/Eel/Mewtwo, and ZPSTM. I go with Zeel, as I was comfortable with it.

R1 vs. Regigigas EX/Slowking

I get a really solid start with t2 mewtwo ex killing slowpokes and such. He didn't play mewtwo, so I tanked my mewtwo and ended up have 15 energies on him, winning the game 6-0.

1/0

R2 vs. Reshiram EX/Emboar/Mewtwo EX

Once again I start really solid with a great t2 Zekrom EX sweeping her board. She hit me back and KOed with Mewtwo EX, but I returned with my own and was able to win through running her down with my advantage due to having 2 mewtwo in play.

2/0

R3 vs. Reshiram EX/Emboar

Pretty much the same as last game, except they didn't play mewtwo so I was able to take my first 3 prizes with thundurus catchering and killing tepigs every turn, and then the last three with mewtwo.

3/0

R4 vs. Donphan/Yanmega/Zoroark

We both start decent, as I go aggro mewtwo trying to kill as many things as I can before he gets to many donphans out. I eventually realize Zekrom EX is insane vs. Donphan so I use that, and am able to knockout 2 of those before I take the game. Great Game!

4/0

R5 vs. Magnezone/Eel/Mewtwo EX

Sadly, he opens magnemite and couldn't get anything out,, and I'm able to t2 him with mewtwo. Sorry man, wish that could have been a game.

5/0

R6 vs. Zekrom/Eel/Mewtwo EX
This match was videoed by Fried Chicken n' Rice so the video will be on youtube. It was strongly in my favor all game and I get the prizes up to 6-1 in my favor. He then N's me to one and I draw crap while he takes a prize everyturn. I pokegear and whiff, and lose shortly after that. I was nottt happy, but I life goes on.

5/1

R7 vs. Zekrom/Eel/Shaymin EX

Her lack of Mewtwo essentially gave me the ability to sweep this game relatively fast, as I am able to take 2 early prizes with Zekrom, and then I'm able to finish it all off with Mewtwo for my last 4.

6/1

R8 vs. Zekrom/Pachirisu/Shaymin/Tornadus/Thundurus

He starts really bad and I'm able to t3 his entire board with Zekrom EX. Sorry man.

7/1

I make top 16 in 6th seed, playing against my R8 opponent.

Top 16 vs. Zekrom/Pachirisu/Shaymin/Tornadus/Thundurus

Game 1: I start bad and he t1's a bunch of my stuff. I bring it to 1-3, but after a quick analyzation of my board I realized this game was heading bad fast so I scooped for time.

0/1

Game 2: I start decent and am able to maintain board control through attacking with 2 mewtwos and I can return KO all of his zekroms and zekrom exs. It gets close but I am able to take the win.

1/1

Game 3: Pretty much the same as game 2, but I sweep a bit better as I get zekrom ex, mewtwo ex, thundurus, and another mewtwo ex fully powered and he can't one shot any of them except thundurus si I am able to take out everything on his board with ease.

2/1

Top 8 vs. Zekrom/Eel/Mewtwo

Game 1: I start pretty good and am able to return ko his zekrom ex with my terrakion, and from there I am able to have complete board control and win within about 15-20 minutes.

1/0

Game 2: Switched around, I start pretty bad and he gets board control reallly fast and I see that my situation s hopeless so I simply scoop.

1/1

Game 3: Gets extremely close, and is a mixture of both game 1 and 2, but in the end, I have an active fully powered zekrom ex with mewtwo ex, switch, catcher, dce, and juniper in my hand. It is 2-3 him. I can kill his active eelektrik this trun, then catcher and kill his mewtwo with mine next turn... however I misplay big time and accidentally say Glistening claw... when I meant to say strong volt for ko. I was pretty upset with this mistake, but Jacob made the right move and didn't let me take it back which is perfectly understandable and I would have done the same thing in his situation. Anyways after that, thanks to him still having the eelektrik in play he can get the necessary energy on his mewtwo to do 180 to my zekrom ex and win the game.

1/2

8-2, 5th Place

Pretty good haha. I'll do props and slops later. enjoy the short read >.<

Back