3x Energy Recycle System
2x Swoop Teleporter
2x Warp Point
2x Meteor Falls

Energy: (18)

2x DRE
3x Boost
13x Psychic

Strategy: Don't know how to explain although it's not very hard :p Hope you are able to see what I'm thinking about...

Against Blaziken decks: Slaking against Rayquazas and Gorebyss against Blaziken.
Againts Dragtrode: Slaking against Dragonite.
Against GEX: Grumpig.

That is kind of obviously, but i thought I had to post it anyway :p

I'm only glad if someone has any fixes :)

Last edited:
You're doing this against my Draggy, I KNOW IT. lol j/k

Hm, but seriously, the deck, it looks nice, at least in our metagame ;p
Just consider that guy with ttar and get the Slaking out t2 w/ ur 3/4 candy =P

- 1 Meteor Falls
+ 1 Candy

I'd like to see the fourth candy there though, so you can block random Pidgeots fast as possible

Last edited:
Lol. I do this against ALL Draggy decks, but maybe especially against yours? xD And I made it for Blaziken and Gardevoir too :p
And yeah, you're right, I'll Take out 1 Meteor Falls for 1 Extra Candy...

Last edited:
Don't consider this as a fix. It's just an alternative look at how you can use Slaking. I think I saw something similar here on the gym (before Deoxys):

Pokemon 20/10:
4 Dunsparce
3 Slakoth (Claw)
3 Vigoroth (Fury Swipes)
3 Slaking
1 Oddish
1 Bellossom
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot

Trainers: 24
3 Steven's Advice
3 Copycat
3 Celio's Network
1 VS Seeker
4 Rare Candy
3 Warp Point
2 Surprise! Time Machine
1 Switch
1 ATM Rock
2 Ancient Tomb
1 Desert Ruins

Energy: 16
12 Grass
4 Double Rainbow

Pidgeot is used as a partner b/c of free retreat, search-ability and the clutch attack... Bellossom is a tech against Magma as well as for healing, just like it was during the last worlds... I dunno if this deck will work better, but at least it has decent starters (Dunsparce), and more ways to attack repeatedly with Slaking.

You'll need a bit of luck with Slaking anyway....he isn't tier 1 material in my book.

Im not sure about removing the meteor falls. if your only one gets knocked out slaking loses alot of potential energy. (poke-dynamics)

If i remember correctly when Vigoroth's attack says "vigoroth" that is just refering to itself so maybe Sandstorm Vigoroth would be best.
Vigoroth Sandstorm 52 Colorless 70 Stage 1 F 1 Uncommon [1] Focus Energy - During your next turn, base damage of Vigoroth's Slash is attack is 90 instead of 40. [3] Slash (40)

As for slakoth i think this one would work best for meteor falls.
Slakoth RubySapphire 45 Colorless 40 Basic F 1 Uncommon [1] Claw (20) Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing. [2] Slack Off - Remove all damage counters from Slakoth. Slakoth can't attack during your next turn.

Last edited:
Ho Megas, you contradict yourself. Why would you be able to use Slakoth and not Vigoroth's attack? lol. But yeah, you can use both Rage and Slack Off from Slaking.

BTW, you really don't want to have to candy a slaking. It takes all the raging ability away from the king.

sweeeeeet finally sumone is using gorebyss w/slacking, i used it in last seasons stadium at berkely and got 5th! its an ok deck, the problem is powering up slacking and byss. My suggestion: use slacking for stall only! throw in meteor falls unless it alrdy is and use rest slakoth. then pull out the gorebyss and attack, or stall longer. another road u could take is meteor falls and slakoth with flail. Use slacking mainly with a boost and reg nrg set up, next turn attach and do major dmg. either way si good, i prefer the first. and if ur going with an attack slacking, go with warp point and time machine. both help u get a new slacking out to attack again! gl with it

My Slaking deck was the first deck I ever made as well and it was pretty much an anti deck like your's but I ran it like this.

Psyking the City Sweeper

-22-
4 Dunsparce
3 Slakoth
3 Vigoroth
3 Slaking
2 Gorebyss
2 Clampearl
3 Wyanut
2 Wobb

-15-
11 Psychic
4 DRE

-23-
4 Steven's Advice
4 Celio's Nertwork
3 Meteor Falls
3 Copy Cat
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Swoop Teleporter
2 Switch

Wobb counter Gex and all other Ex's. You have to Meteor Falls to counter the anti gyms against Wobb. Blaziken gets owned by Gorebyss true. The reason Wynaut/Wobb instead of Grumpig is because Wynaut can help you early game in search. This is a good deck, I hope I helped you out but now I'll tell you why I ran attacking Slaking, instead.

Slaking plays a more passive role in this deck. You usually only have about 1-2 slaking out per game. you easily get warp point and allow your opponent to use powers for a turn. At best you do about 90 damage with gorebyss out on the field unless your opponents playing DRE or something along those lines. Slaking does 90 for (C)(C) and a DRE thats great and then with the abillity to use Time Machine to constantly hit for 90 over and over is great. Then with the addition of meteor falls that makes Slaking an attacking beast.

Slaking does just as good against Blaze without Gorebyss. It's not as good against Gardevior but that's not being played as much anymore. It's still usually a win. Dragtrode is still an automatic win.

This however gets owned by Rock/Lock. As well as monarchy. You could use ent Tomb for Monarchy but Rock/Lock is Slaking's downfall. You should use the 9 spots used for the psychic/Gorebyss combo to find a way to deal with those decks. That's what I'm currently playtsting.

Thank you very much. I am going to play in three CC's this weekend, so I might give your deck-fix a try ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back