Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sleep Lax deck. (Featuring Snorlax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaele Kajin

Welcome to the pain that is Big Daddy Snorlax (xD), I built this deck for fun but I still think that Snorlax has potential if played right. (And deck built right) If it wasn't for the rotation this deck would be an awesome rogue deck. Well here is my Snorlax sleep deck hope you like it. All help and opinions welcome, hopefully you can help me get this deck beefed up to what it's ment to be, a pain in the butt lol.

POKEMON: 16

2 : Snorlax Lv.X, RR-111

1 : Wigglytuff, GE-32

3 : Darkrai G, RR-3

4 : Sableye, SF-48

2 : Snorlax, RR-81

1 : Azelf, LA-19

2 : Uxie, LA-43

1 : Jigglypuff, GS-68

TRAINERS/SUPPORTERS/STADIUMS: 34

2 : Night Maintenance, MT-113

3 : Pokemon Communication, GS-98

2 : Premier Ball, SF-91

2 : Pokemon Rescue, PL-115

4 : Pokedex Handy

3 : Great Ball

1 : Luxury Ball

4 : Bebe's Search

2 : Interviewer's Questions

4 : Roseanne's Research

1 : Palmer's Contribution

2 : Expert Belt

4 : Snowpoint Temple

ENERGY: 10

4 : Call Energy

6 : Darkness Energy

STRATEGY:

Set up Snorlax, Wigglytuff, and Darkrai Gs on bench ASAP while searching for supporters with Sableye. (If possible attach a dark energy for a donk) When all set up use Wiggly's power to put Snorlax and active asleep, doing 50/70 when belted with Toss and Turn, 30 from Darkrai Gs if they get tails. (When the X is out, Snowpoint in play, and Expert Belt attached I'm able to do 70 damage and have 170 HP, 130 base+20 from Snowpoint+20 from Expert Belt=170)

With snorlax's heavy bulk, Built in draw power on X, Wigglytuff sleep aid, and Darkrai G damage makes this Fat Lax a force to be reckoned with!. (If only the Rotation wasn't happening)

Last edited:
Wow....Someone other than myself uses Snorlax???? Honestly Sableye is not needed whatsoever. Cut out one Snorlax Lv.X and add in another Bad sleeping habits Lax. I do understand what you are doing with Darkrai, but I found it to really be a wasted bench space. Also try adding in a 1-1 Claydol line for more draw power. The point around a Snorlax deck is to get set up faster than your opponent. Also switch out your Jigglypuff with the GE Jigglypuff. Also add in 2 Munchlax so Mewtwo doesnt wall you immediately. Another thing I found to be very wrong with your list is the energies. You arent abusing the one card that MAKES Snorlax what it is....Double Colorless Energy. Also Donphan stops you right in your tracks, so add in 2 Frost Rotoms.

So this is what I am trying to get to:

-4 Sableye
-3 Darkrai G
-1 Snorlax Lv.X
-1 Jigglypuff GS
-3 Great Ball
-2 Interviewers Questions
- 6 Dark energy

+2 Munchlax
+2 Frost Rotom
+1-1 Claydol
+1 Snorlax
+1 Jigglypuff GE
+1 Expert Belt
+1 Uxie Lv.X
+4 Double Colorless Energy
+6 Water energy

Trust me in what im telling you to do. It will make the deck very much more playable. This is also coming from the guy who gets set up 100% T2 90% of the time.

Wow....Someone other than myself uses Snorlax???? Honestly Sableye is not needed whatsoever. Cut out one Snorlax Lv.X and add in another Bad sleeping habits Lax. I do understand what you are doing with Darkrai, but I found it to really be a wasted bench space. Also try adding in a 1-1 Claydol line for more draw power. The point around a Snorlax deck is to get set up faster than your opponent. Also switch out your Jigglypuff with the GE Jigglypuff. Also add in 2 Munchlax so Mewtwo doesnt wall you immediately. Another thing I found to be very wrong with your list is the energies. You arent abusing the one card that MAKES Snorlax what it is....Double Colorless Energy. Also Donphan stops you right in your tracks, so add in 2 Frost Rotoms.

So this is what I am trying to get to:

-4 Sableye
-3 Darkrai G
-1 Snorlax Lv.X
-1 Jigglypuff GS
-3 Great Ball
-2 Interviewers Questions
- 6 Dark energy

+2 Munchlax
+2 Frost Rotom
+1-1 Claydol
+1 Snorlax
+1 Jigglypuff GE
+1 Expert Belt
+1 Uxie Lv.X
+4 Double Colorless Energy
+6 Water energy

Trust me in what im telling you to do. It will make the deck very much more playable. This is also coming from the guy who gets set up 100% T2 90% of the time.

Wow thnx but I like the idea around Darkrai G, plus I was going to put atleast 2 cause I understand it clogs the bench. Thnx a bunch. So I guess It's just you and me that play Snorlax xD

Btw I don't have Frost Rotom, going to do this deck for BRs next week and I need all the cards I can get for the deck that I have, also don't have Uxie X and don't see the point in him. DCEs I can get quickly I think but those are easier for me to get then the others. Those 7 cards are the only ones I don't have DCE I can get. The others meh.

Well the point in Uxie Lv.X is that its a Pokedex handy every turn, and its also a great Machamp counter.

Well the point in Uxie Lv.X is that its a Pokedex handy every turn, and its also a great Machamp counter.[/QUOTE

I know but there's three things about it y I'm not playing it.

1. Machamp isn't played much anymore

2. I don't have it and don't have time to

and finaly 3. takes more bench space, I don't have use for him. I'd rather play 4 Pokedexs. Then take a bench space.

Last edited:
Well its just that you are already playing 2 Uxies, so if you play one then it wouldnt be taking up anymore space unless you psychic restore it. Honestly I ove using it, and really helps in a tough spot. I would also highly recomend trying to get the Frost Rotoms. Running 2 and some rescues will totally stop Donphan in its tracks, but I guess that just depends on if people play Donphan in your area.

Well its just that you are already playing 2 Uxies, so if you play one then it wouldnt be taking up anymore space unless you psychic restore it. Honestly I ove using it, and really helps in a tough spot. I would also highly recomend trying to get the Frost Rotoms. Running 2 and some rescues will totally stop Donphan in its tracks, but I guess that just depends on if people play Donphan in your area.

lol guess so I don't rlly see Donphan in my area, For uxie is best coupled with 4 SSUs and atleast 2 Night teleporters. Was going to think about adding those cause they rlly help and SSU get's uxie off bench xD. But yeah thnx for the help, still keeping Darkrai Gs, like the extra damage for two. But guess Darkrai G is for darkrai deck xD I like the sleep decks that's Y iadded the gs. But otherthen that thnx alot and I will try to get Rotoms, shouldn't be to hard to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back