Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Smeargle Helps avoid the donkfest

I have the 4 Smeargle that I have been looking for without even knowing what deck I am going to play . I am just hoping to avoid the donk. Chances are that if I start with it and go first then I am looking for your Collector or Bebe's So I can get more basics down. What decks will Smeargle be fit best in?

If you really wanted to avoid the donkfst, you could just run a CFF Pokemon. Smeargle can ultimately fail you when your opponent's start isn't stellar either. Stantler HS has one, and I know some Minun/Plusle does as well.

Still, Smeargle is alright, you have to run Unown Q in the deck to give him free retreat, adn he is very weak to power spray due to this. But try him out in anything that just needs that extra boost.

Sure would've been nice to have this guy with GG. 3 supporters a turn and Power lock would've dominated.

^This is Smeargle here, not Sableye. Smeargle doesn't use up your attack, meaning you would Collector for Q, Main basic, other and therefore block the donk if you go first and your ooponent has COllector int he hand.

Smeargle is OK. You may end up with something truly random, though, so you'll need to be prepared for that. If your opening hand is Smeargle and 6 Psychic energy, you'll be crying if the only Supporter in their hand is Interviewer's.

Smeargle is OK. You may end up with something truly random, though, so you'll need to be prepared for that. If your opening hand is Smeargle and 6 Psychic energy, you'll be crying if the only Supporter in their hand is Interviewer's.

That's still probably better than, say, Hoppip and 6 energy.

You'll be crying even harder when your hand is Energy-Candy-Machamp, you hope to grab the Machop with Smeargle, and your opponent's only supporter is Judge.

I really don't think that the off chance of getting a pokemon collector from your opponent's hand with smeargle t1, with you having no other pokemon on your bench out does sableye. I mean he can potentially win you the game, by donking on it's own, and it allows you to essentially get you any supporter you need as it's not limited by just the few cards in your opponent's hand.

Put unown Q on this baby and everytime you get a pokemon knocked out bring it active and your good to go on the power. then retreat and attack with your new poke. The powersprays can only go on for so long till their out of them.

It's great in SP when it has a Q attached, as you get a free usage of his power whenever you Poketurn. Smeargle's not really a card you run four of: one as a random tech is preferable imo.

Of course, it could backfire when your opponent's only supporter is something you don't want to use (hand shuffler when you have a great hand, for example).

I would not use this card in battle roads. why? noobs play at battle roads and if you go against them, expect no or horrible supporters.

But then i guess that would defeat the purpose because a noob wouldn't donk you. T-T

I would not use this card in battle roads. why? noobs play at battle roads and if you go against them, expect no or horrible supporters.

But then i guess that would defeat the purpose because a noob wouldn't donk you. T-T

Really? Noobs are quite famous for running Machamp...
That said, not all battle roads are noob fests, sure they're there but they're present on every tournament.

Not true.

Please think back to Regionals when I T1 lost to the kid who asked me if he's supposed to draw a card at the start of his turn.

Or back to Regionals round 2 where my opponent didn't know what any of here cards did. She actually had to read what rare candy did, and was quite surprised when she figured out that she won. There isn't all that much you can do when your turn consists of a draw/pass.

>_> I was saying Smeargle wouldn't make that big a difference in a game against someone with a less than stellar deck, not that it's impossible to lose to a noob.

Smeargle is great when it works but, that's about it. I would lol if it fan into a Sablock and used Cyrus Intiative lol. It can lead to some interesting situations when you might see a weird supporter (Flint, Cynthias Guidance, Iniative, Bill, Moms...lol)

Hey quick question: Can you fail the Smeargle power if there is a useable supporter? Also can you choose a supporter that you cannot use if there is a useable one available also?

Example: Opponent has Judge and Engineer's Adjustments. You have no energy to discard but you dont want to shuffle your hand in. Can you choose Engineer's even though it will have no effect?

Back