Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Smeargle Prices

sToRm07

Do you think that Smeargle's price will go up more and more as we head into Nats/Worlds and a new format?

Just wanted some opinions - I have been buying them at 6 bucks off of ebay and feel like i got a good deal...

I think $6 is a fair price for them right now, but they will probably lose popularity because of the new rules making Sableye far superior. After the rotation though, I see them hopping back up to $10 a piece.

$6 is a little low... $7-$9 is probably more accurate. I think a lot of people are snatching them up in anticipation of Smeargle's dominance after the rotation.

I think Smeargle's popularity will decrease because if you Portrait someone whose only supporter is Professor Juniper, you will be forced to discard your hand.

I think Smeargle's popularity will decrease because if you Portrait someone whose only supporter is Professor Juniper, you will be forced to discard your hand.

Yes, I have thought about this too. But in a future format where things are not as fast, I think Portrait will prove to be even more formidable. Sucks we lost Q though... :/

I am glad $6 bucks sounded like a good price! I was concerned.

I think $6 is a fair price for them right now, but they will probably lose popularity because of the new rules making Sableye far superior. After the rotation though, I see them hopping back up to $10 a piece.

The new rules are being implemented?

Also, I can see Smeargle going for no more than 10 after rotation.

Back