Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Smeargle UD clarification

Qzin

Q. When using Smeargle's "Portrait" Poke-POWER, can I choose a Supporter that will have no effect?
A. You cannot pick a supporter you couldn't normally use; for example you can't choose "Twins" unless you are behind on prizes at that time, nor Aaron's Collection if you don't have anything in your Discard Pile. You would have to choose a different Supporter if one is available. (Dec 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I use Smeargle's "Portrait" Poke-POWER and find "Engineer's Adjustments" in my opponent's hand, do I have to use it if I have an Energy card in my hand?
A. Yes, if you have an energy card and you choose Engineer's Adjustments, you have to discard the energy and draw 4 cards. (Dec 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team; Mar 17, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

Q. What happens if I use Smeargle's "Portrait" Poke-POWER, but I cannot satisfy the conditions of any of my opponent's Supporters?
A. You get to look at the opponent's hand, and that's all. (Dec 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

I know it has been answered but I need clarification.
Let's say we use Poke-Power and our opponent's only supporter card is Engineer Adjustments.

Do we have to use it if we have energy card in our hand? Let's say we know it's our last one in deck and we do not wish to. Hand contents are considered unknown to our opponent so the ruling is inconsistent.

Did you by any chance mean that if we CHOOSE Engineer Adjustments from several supporters in his hand we need to meet requirements and then discard an energy card? That's what I thought after reading ruling for that card. It shouldn't be mandatory to use it if it's the only supporter there and we do not wish to use our energy card.

It is mandatory if it is the only Supporter there and you have an energy card in your hand.

Back