Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

So... why do people think they're cool? (Major HP6/7 spoilers)

Marril

It's a fairly straightforward concept: Don't be a jerk and spoil things for others, especially after you're told very clearly to shut the **** up. Yet people still insist on massive strings of spoiling every minor detail they can get their hands on. Now, I'm fairly good at dodging spoilers, yet this didn't stop me finding out the "Snape kills Dumbledore" of Deathly Hallows (please tell me "Voldemort kills Snape" is false, only in a yes/no fashion, i.e. don't "correct" me). The person doing this... apparently seriously thought he was being funny. My question for the boards is: Why the everloving bloody **** do people think this kind of thing is funny?

Also, no spoilers for anything I haven't mentioned here. The thread title refers to only what's posted in this thread.

I agree with you. Although the spoilers I saw for the last book were false, I was very disappointed because I thought the ending was spoiled for me. I don't think it's that funny to spoil endings to such amazing books, it's just not right.

I agree with you. Although the spoilers I saw for the last book were false, I was very disappointed because I thought the ending was spoiled for me. I don't think it's that funny to spoil endings to such amazing books, it's just not right.

Why would they be spoiled for you unless you looked at them? You knew what you were getting yourself possibly into so know pity if the book got spoiled. I actually knew the ending in a way but I didn't post it....I did mention 2 things that I knew were right...I said Neville had a major key in this movie....and Harry was a well....IDK if people have read it so I will not say it considering this isnt a "spoiler thread" exactly.

That spoiler's entirely accurate. However, that spoiler in particular doesn't seem to accurately spoil; it's not spoiling what is actually worth spoiling about that event.

Also, I agree. It's a beyond sadistic practice; obviously there are people who don't want the book spoiled for them, do unto others, etc.

Why would they be spoiled for you unless you looked at them? You knew what you were getting yourself possibly into so know pity if the book got spoiled. I actually knew the ending in a way but I didn't post it....I did mention 2 things that I knew were right...I said Neville had a major key in this movie....and Harry was a well....IDK if people have read it so I will not say it considering this isnt a "spoiler thread" exactly.

This in itself is a spoiler for anyone who likes to guess at possible thingys and where they are before the book comes out; Only to read this and see that their guess was true when they are only on page 400 :/

People will intentionally post spoilers in places they don't belong just to annoy people; not all forums are moderated so strictly and the spoilers are posted wherever traffic is apparent. IT's not a matter of going looking for spoilers intentionally and then being mad that you did, it's the issue of having the book spoiled to you because the spoilers are somewhere that they shouldn't be, which is anywhere not specifically marked as containing spoilers.

I didn't look for the spoilers. I came on this forum and somebody posted a spoiler in the topic title of the RTC. Since it was the last one to be replied to, I saw it. NOT my fault. I was VERY mad because there was no way I could have not seen it.

I didn't look for the spoilers. I came on this forum and somebody posted a spoiler in the topic title of the RTC. Since it was the last one to be replied to, I saw it. NOT my fault. I was VERY mad because there was no way I could have not seen it.

I posted Spoilers even though I knew a lot of them were false.....but I put on my Topic that Spoilers were there, if you saw my thread then it is you fault that you looked into it....

Nobody forces anyone to look at them. If someone does look it is their own fault. If someone doesn't want to look then don't click on the thread. Real simple isn't it.

there was another thread here in the RTC with a spoiler in the topic title. i deleted it as soon as i saw it, so hopefully not many people were affected...but *I* still had to see it :mad: thankfully it was not accurate, but....:mad:

get a life, jerks =/

'mom

I posted Spoilers even though I knew a lot of them were false.....but I put on my Topic that Spoilers were there, if you saw my thread then it is you fault that you looked into it....

I didn't even click on your topic until I finished the book. Someone posted a topic; it was the one Pokemom is talking about. It was the most recent topic replied to, so on the main page, it said: "Voldemort kills Hermione." I am glad that it was wrong, but it still made me mad because I thought the ending was spoiled for me.

I didn't even click on your topic until I finished the book. Someone posted a topic; it was the one Pokemom is talking about. It was the most recent topic replied to, so on the main page, it said: "Voldemort kills Hermione." I am glad that it was wrong, but it still made me mad because I thought the ending was spoiled for me.

ohhhhh.ok!!!!
I didn't know that existed......I see what you are saying now...:thumb:

there was another thread here in the RTC with a spoiler in the topic title. i deleted it as soon as i saw it, so hopefully not many people were affected...but *I* still had to see it :mad: thankfully it was not accurate, but....:mad:

get a life, jerks =/

'mom

Real nice. A mod calling people jerks. A mod should be held the same standard as a member of the gym if not a higher one.

I agree with Mom on that one.
Putting it in the title was a jerky thing to do.

I had to read it too, since I can see deleted items.
I gave a warning at the time, but I almost gave a month ban for it.

When I was lined up with my son to get the book at the release, a bunch of jerks (yes, jerks) drove by honking with a big sign on their car door containing a spoiler. I don't know if it was a true spoiler since I haven't read the end yet, but there's a big difference between posting a spoiler with a warning (where people will only see it if they want to see it) and laying it out where people are going to see it without wanting to.

Last edited:
Nobody forces anyone to look at them. If someone does look it is their own fault. If someone doesn't want to look then don't click on the thread. Real simple isn't it.
If you honestly believe this, you're just gullable. Go to 4chan and spend eight seconds on /b/ and you'll run into more harry potter spoilers than you can count. Any *chan board deals with threads an entirely different matter; there's barely a subject line, all threads are visible simultaneously, and bumping shoots a thread and all posts attached to it to the top of the page. And, especially to the dismay of people with autorefreshers (this particularly true with /b/), the content of the front page literally changes entirely in ten seconds.
Also, while this doesn't necissarily apply to this forum, what if I were to create a thread saying "New Pokemon Game Revealed!" but then filled the thread with harry potter spoilers?

You blame the fact that people get the book spoiled on them on the people who have the book spoiled for them; those that get the book spoiled by them by going to a harry potter thread marked with spoilers are merely asking for it and that's not what this thread is about.

my friend got in his car and drove around the book store saying Snape Kills Dumbledore...this was the release of Deathly Hallows not Half Blod Prince and little kids started to cry because it was spoiled for them...even though this was in the Last book....wow I just laughed SOOOO HARD!!!!

I avoided pokegym the entire time I was reading the book. Only getting on twice to look at my PMs. I was afraid someone would mass spam in every forums a spoiler or the ending, and the rumors of a hot copy on the loose made things worse. I was lucky and neither the 6th or the 7th book was spoiled to me. The day after I finished the 6th, a bunch of people at school got on the mike during lunch and yelled. "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE."

I avoided pokegym the entire time I was reading the book. Only getting on twice to look at my PMs. I was afraid someone would mass spam in every forums a spoiler or the ending, and the rumors of a hot copy on the loose made things worse. I was lucky and neither the 6th or the 7th book was spoiled to me. The day after I finished the 6th, a bunch of people at school got on the mike during lunch and yelled. "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE."

ya same- I cut myself from the net altogether while reading.

I get on WoW after reading the book, logon in Ironforge and what do I see in trade channel? like one prick telling everyone, who dies and what page, who is important, important events etc etc.

If it's a popular book and you dont want it ruined- believe me, stay away from the internet.

Also, mods are entitled to their opinion and were aiming at people who spoil books in general- if it happened on Crofty i'd have probably cut loose- and im the Admin :\

Back