Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Some cool card ideas for BW8 plus theory deck "UxieTar"

TrainerEnjay

(F) Larvitar 70 HP

(C) Ascension
Search your deck for a pokemon that evolves from this pokemon and put it onto this pokemon.

(F) Sand Attack 10
If the defending pokemon tries to attack, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing.

Resist Lightning -20
Weak Grass x2
Retreat (C)(C)(C)

(D) Tyranitar 150 HP

Ability: If this pokemon is knocked out, search your discard pile for a Larvitar and put it onto your bench.

(D)(C) Dark Revenge 50x
This attack does 50 damage times the number of larvitar in your discard pile.

Resist Psychic -20
Weak Fighting x2
Retreat (C)(C)(C)(C)

(P) Uxie EX 110 HP

Ability: Once during your turn you may discard a pokemon from your hand, if you do draw cards until you have 7 in your hand.

(P)(C)(C) Recover
Discard all psychic energy attached to Uxie EX and heal all damage from Uxie EX.

Resist Nothing
Weak Psychic x2
Retreat (C)

UxieTar Decklist

13 Pokemon:
4 Larvitar
1 Pupitar (too lazy to make one :p)
3 Tyranitar
2 Uxie EX
2 Darkrai EX
1 Sableye

35 T/S/S:
4 Juniper
4 Colress
3 Skyla
2 N
1 Random Receiver
4 Ultra Ball
4 Level Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Dark Patch
3 Rare Candy
1 Super Rod
1 Computer Search

12 Energy:
12 Darkness Energy

Strategy:
Start with Larvitar and ascension to Tyranitar turn one. Use ultra ball and level ball to search for Larvitars to discard using ultra ball, juniper, and Uxie EX. Uxie EX is for built in draw and discarding Larvitars, Darkrai EX is a great second attacker that also is great for free retreating (especially with Tyranitars heavy retreat). Tyranitar's ability allow you to string together a wave of Tyranitar attacks by bringing a Larvitar back into play every time he is knocked out. Tyranitars attack could build up to a max of 150 for only 2 energy. Dark patch allows you to charge Tyranitar up again.

Final thoughts:
I see similarities in the Pokemon cards that are being printed recently to old stuff, so I took a popular pokemon and gave him a similar attack to Gyarados from stormfront. I also modified Uxie EXs ability to relate a bit to the old Uxie from Legends Awakened. Overall I think this would be a competitive and fun deck that uses a different strategy that doesn't currently exist. It's not too broken, but could potentially be a top tier deck.

Last edited:
According to the compendium, if an attack says "search your deck for a Pokemon that evolves from this Pokemon and place it on this Pokemon" you cannot search out a stage 2 using a basic, since the stage 2 technically evolves from the stage 1, not the basic.

Back