Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Some Normal Deck (Ursaring/Porygon-Z) Porygon-U Prime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfroke

Pokemon: 20
3-2-3 Porygon-Z
2-2 Noctowl
3-3 Ursaring
2 Unown Return

T/S/S:24
2x Pokeball
2x PowerPlus
2x Pokemon Reversal
2x PKMN Communication
1x Rare Candy
1x Alph 4
2x Switch
2x SSU
2x Energy Exchanger

3x Pokemon Collector
2x Judge
1x Juniper
1x FSL
1x Interviewers

Energies: 16
4x DCE
4x Rescue
4x Rainbow
4x Fire Energy

okay, here's the breakdown:
I hate discarding cards, so I use Porygon-Z for its poke-power, which lets me flip a coin to put a trainer for the discard pile into my hand. The Noctowls help me out by drawing the trainer. They're also there to help me speed up my game with no Porygon-Z out yet.
Rainbow Energies allow me to put one damage on Ursaring so that it won't get killed out in battle with massive damage. Pokeballs are there to be reused and abused by Porygon-Z's power, which if there are two porygon-z out, it would give great possibility to grab a trainer out and try for another flip. Power plus gets Ursaring its OHKO to the opposing Zekrom or Reshiram
Also, Rainbow Energy helps with Porygon-Z's attack
When Catcher comes out, I want to know what i should replace to add Carnivine, in case of facing a Vileplume.
Reversal is in till catcher come out and I get some of them :p

Last edited:
Cool deck. I never thought about integrating porygon z into an ursaring deck because of the rainbows. The main concern I have for you is scizor. Scizor Prime cannot be attacked by pokemon with special energies attached to them and you only have special energies in your deck.

hmm...how could I work around that then? I never thought of that...maybe regular energies >.>
idk now what to do o.o...

Yeah me neither. Without drastically changing the deck theres not much you can do. Not many people are playing scizor right now though.

Well then not much to worry, but still, there will be a few who will then.
And yeah, I can't find much room for change really.

I could, but i'd like something to ohko it, just in case then.
what fire types can do 50 damage?

xD very true. Well I'll worry about Scizor Prime another time. For now, I have a pokemon Reversal for that.

btw, I have just noticed I'm not running any suu, probably not good at all.

I really like this deck idea, I think it's pretty creative. I always loved Ursaring Prime, just needed a good deck to work in.

Try and fit in some judge to make use of Noctowls attack, making him a usable counter against donphan.

Try and fit in some judge to make use of Noctowls attack, making him a usable counter against donphan.

thats an epic idea actually... o.o
maybe I'll change up my draw power, plus my trainers will be re-used, so I can lower them a bit..

Try putting in some shaymin, just in case you have a rainbow on your ursaring and none in your hand, and you want to put one on porygon (or visa versa).
Also, about the scizor matchup... My suggestion is wait for catcher. It's going to be a trainer: item if i'm not mistaken... AND because of porygon's power, items will be SUPER helpful in this deck. so you can drag up something like a noctowl... idk, some support/tech card with catcher then take prizes that way.

Oh, and more interviewer's too... you're gonna need to get those energies out quick :p

Try putting in some shaymin, just in case you have a rainbow on your ursaring and none in your hand, and you want to put one on porygon (or visa versa).
Also, about the scizor matchup... My suggestion is wait for catcher. It's going to be a trainer: item if i'm not mistaken... AND because of porygon's power, items will be SUPER helpful in this deck. so you can drag up something like a noctowl... idk, some support/tech card with catcher then take prizes that way.

Oh, and more interviewer's too... you're gonna need to get those energies out quick :p

Yeah, thats why i have reversals in place of catcher for now \o/
maybe 2 shaymin, and I have to bring up the energy count up to 16, 12 is kinda hard to find.
I agree with the more interviewer's, I think 2 should do, but I need to find room.

Also, thinking to replace a pokeball with an elm's or something, but idk. Might go down to 2/1 trainers for this deck really

even with a deck that plays rainbow energy Im not sure about porygon, its just not that good. Id remove it and beef up the other lines.

well, Donphan could kill this thing instantly. good thinking with porygon though!

Yeah, only problem is that pokemon, unless i'm the one striking with a Power Plus or two :p
and I'm thinking of adding an Unown Return to the deck, maybe one or two, more of two.
Reasoning:
Ursaring is dying and has valuable energy attached (dcex2 or dce, rescue, and rainbow) so I'd like them back, attach the rescue to grab it back in my hand, then hold the dce for next turn.

Yeah, only problem is that pokemon, unless i'm the one striking with a Power Plus or two :p
and I'm thinking of adding an Unown Return to the deck, maybe one or two, more of two.
Reasoning:
Ursaring is dying and has valuable energy attached (dcex2 or dce, rescue, and rainbow) so I'd like them back, attach the rescue to grab it back in my hand, then hold the dce for next turn.

True. smart teching in the unown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back