Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Some thnigs to do while staying in orlando.

Hi,
I have been to orlando 6 times in my life and all those times i was at disney world as well as outside disney to sea world and universal studios.

I wanted to share with you all the fun things to do at disney:

For the kids:

Diseny has many parks within its walls:

Magic kingdom-the heart of disney world and a great place to visit bevause its the biggest of all the parks with over 5 diffrent sections for all ages to enjoy

Epcot-the science of the parks. With an arond the world section of the park,scince ride inside the epcot ball and alot of kids areas, this park is made for the learning experience of disney.

Wild water park-This is disneys biggest water park just edging out the famous typhoon lagoon. This park has the legendary 100+ foot plunge slide and has many areas of water rides for kids and adults

Typhoon Lagoon-The legendary disney water park that has been around almost as long as disney was around. it has the famous water shotting ship and many pipe and plunge rides. A great place to get wet and have fun with the family for a day

Mgm Studios-The enternatinment park of disney with many film based rides including the famous: Indiana jones adventure set show and the star wars adventure ride. This is the park for all cartoon and real like films come to life.

Downtown Disney shopping and attractions-This is the heart of shopping all over disney. Many stores include the HUGE virgin megastore,restaurants to tickle all fancys and the all famous disney quest.

Disney quest-The 5 stroy monster arcade building. There is an areea of intereactive games and games you pay to play and win tickets from. There are also an area where you can pay to learn from an expert how to draw mickey and at the end you get a certificate with your pic saying you took the short couse to create micket. There is a whole floor of JUST ARCADE GAMES! There is a major area that you can create a roller coaster of your own and then get strapped into this big machine that makes you fell like your in the roller coaster. You see the coaster go in front of you and as it flips you slip with the machine. its really great.

WARNING: The tickets for all parks besides disney quest are within $50-$75 per adult ticket so be carful with money and beware that inside the park they charge a pretty penny for alot of things.

Outside disney:
Sea World: a great park of aquatic animals and many fun shows including the fomous shamu show. There is a fun roller coaster there and the atlantis ride which is also a fun ride but that one you might get wet on. The day at sea world is defeintly worth the money because it is get to see all the aquatic creatures they have and they do a great job displaying all thier attractions.

Universal orlando+islands of adventure:
This is one of the most famous parks in orlando besides disney. This park is a great park filled with the realism of universal films mixed with childrens animation. Home of Nickelodeon Studios and the one and only delorions (car+train) from back to the future. This park is one of the most best toured and enjoyed parks in th world. It has a tiwster ride that makes you fell like your in the actuasll twister. The king kong ride is real crazy and fun. They ahve a monster restaurnta nd if i am right they also have a great monster show with bettlejuice heading it. The new MIB ride is interesting. Makes you fell like you agents J+K. The back to the future ride is one of the most famous out there. It brings you into the delroion to chase biff who has stolen a piece of science doc borwn wants back. You go from the prehistoric to the future. in nickelodeon studios you get to tour the entire studio and learn how shows are craeted. At the end you get to participate in a fun game audition that isent televised. Its a great trip for all kids who love the network.

Island of adventures:
This is where animation coems alive. It brings marvel and DC characters to life and also brings kids cartoons into a whole new perspective. They have the world famous hulk rollercoaster and the great shows with marvel characters. They have an increadible jurrasic park area with classic rides and thrills. They when i was last there creating a cat in the hat area so that should be up too.

Thats all i can say for orlando to what i remember.
If your bored on friday and have your invite i promise you you will want to ahve fun at one of these parks. The experience is once in a lifetime if you have never experienced it and also disney quest is open to MIDNIGHT!

Have fun in orlando and ill see ya all there.

There is actually alot more than "Just Disney" in Orlando. Yes there is Gatorland, there is also one of My favorite Places, Olde Town. It has a great car show that starts around 9pm, and tons of shops and rides and "stuff" going on.

How bout a little bit of history. Downtown Orlando has the Florida Musuem of History, free for honor roll students, and there is a trolly on the weekdays.

Some other stuff to see and do:

World's Largest McDonalds
Marino's Place - Restaurant
Wonderworks
Race Rock Cafe - Worth the wait, you can see Bigfoot there too - also home to many Racecars
Ripleys
Wet N Wild
Skull Kingdom
Titanic Exhibit
El Mercado Center

And dont forget, for all of you bravehearts out there, the Slingshot is right near Olde Towne!

Look forward to seeing you! Oh, and for any of you New Yorkers coming down, yes, there actually is decent Italian food here!

Where would you find "cheap" tickets for the disney attractions? Afraid of the gas stations selling used hoppers- I would be the one to get the Forged ticket- if you know what I mean! NO TIME SHARE either!

Skull Kingdom is a wierd, wierd expierience. I don't reccomend it unless you have $15 you're willing to blow. It's ... odd....but you might be disapointed.
Universal is worth every penny, go there NOT disney. It's a much better expierience. As Renee says, old town is good, although I find it a little bit cheesy.

I really cannot reccomend Universal enough! :D :D

~ Jim <---- Universal Annual Passholder

ncpicachufan2000 said:
Where would you find "cheap" tickets for the disney attractions? Afraid of the gas stations selling used hoppers- I would be the one to get the Forged ticket- if you know what I mean! NO TIME SHARE either!

You can purchase advanced hopper passes from the Disney World Website or your Local Disney Store. They are the same price Hopper tickets at both locations. You save upto about 26 dollars a day for each hopper. Your tickets are activated at time of purhcase from The Disney Store, from the internet I believe they send you a hopper voucher and you pick up your hopper passes at gate. Only down fall is you can't buy less than 4 day hoppers at either location.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/index?bhcp=1

Tickets? try AAA if you are a member they have ticket usually at a reduced rate. (2) if you have friends in Florida see if they can get you tickets disney/sea world and universal somtimes offer resident tickets at a cheaper rate. you just have to show a florida id.
Gatorland is neat, dont forget the airboat rides and also the space center is only 1 to 1 1/2 hours away. as well as Ron Jons surf shop

Does anyone know the name of the place where you can swim with dolphins?

And is it in the area?

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't spend money to go theme parks ( I got a free year pass to Seaworld, Pay half price for florida residents for Disney, and Got a 2 year annual pass for Universal for half price.)

I would be spending the time on Friday night checking out the metagame, but that is just me since I live 30 mins. away. =)

BTW Renee tell Ivan congrats. for me on getting the invite. I was going to call him but I lost his phone #.

Last edited:
Renee, first week (10-17) we are with 5 persons second week (17-23aug) with 6 persons.
Is there anyway you can get us so many reduced Sea World tickets? 5 or 6.

What day do you have league still Saturday?
Meaby we will show up again, I still have the autoghraphs of the last time we were there.

My advice to spend days: Shop till you drop.
At least for me as foreigner that's the best part of my vacation. Kids in the pool Mom to the stores.
Walmart
Kmart
Designers Outlet(s)
Florida Mall

Last edited:
Hi Lea,

If you come into town more than once within a 12 month period, it would be cheaper for you to by the annual pass. They have something called EzPay. You pay monthly, but it ends up paying for itself, kinda quick.

Otherwise, I only have 3 50% off tickets, b ut I'll keep checking on discounts for you.

Reply to team cook. Sea World has a swim with dolphins. I believe its called discovery cove. check out their website.

HI Renee,

I'm also planning to come over between xmas and new year, but on the other side if Worlds is nice I meaby safe the money to go to worlds 2005.
I found on pokemon florida you still have league on saturday, so if we are rit of our jetlag we will show up.
I think you can count on 4 Dutch players saturday 14th august, your players will like it again I hope.

WORLD'S LARGEST McDONALD'S

Woohoo!! Glad we are Driving now! Called and got the Prices for some of the Restaurants around there... and Whoa! Nelly! My in-laws confirmed this as they just went and stayed at the same Resort about a month ago...

davechri - since you are living in Melbourne I meaby need something from a store located there.
It's kind of comic/anime store don't know the name anymore.
I have to ask if the person who was looking for CD's with soundtracks from that store already has those.

Can I ask you to bring me CD's in case he still needs them?

Rainbowgym, we have an anime store here called Anime Pavillion, could that be it?

I'd be happy to do that for you. Just give me the information and I'll take care of it.

dc

A question for Floridians: How hot is it there the time of year Worlds is being held and does it cool off in the evening?

And a silly question but please answer if you can, does Orlando sell that new C2 coca cola yet? I know some places don't have it yet and I need to know if have to bring my own, cuz I will if I have to. I need my coke!! Thanks!!:)

Lex Luthor said:
A question for Floridians: How hot is it there the time of year Worlds is being held and does it cool off in the evening?

And a silly question but please answer if you can, does Orlando sell that new C2 coca cola yet? I know some places don't have it yet and I need to know if have to bring my own, cuz I will if I have to. I needmy coke!! Thanks!!:)

Lex, the coke is available in Melbourne, I would think Orlando has it as they are a bigger city.

The weather: HUMID, the heat is not as intense at night.

Back