Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Something annoying about trading posts

GrandmaJoner

Ok, I always notice that people do this on their trading posts and it annoys me: they put their HAVES first instead of their WANTS.

If someone looks at your posts and sees they have none of your wants, then they can just stop right there. I find myself having to scroll way down like 2349082349723643 lines to find out what people want just to see that I don't have any of those cards.

LAME!

ive always posted my wants....

never got my haves done yet, b

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

ive always posted my wants....

never got my haves done yet, but im almost done =P

Last edited:
GrandmaJoner said:
Ok, I always notice that people do this on their trading posts and it annoys me: they put their HAVES first instead of their WANTS.

If someone looks at your posts and sees they have none of your wants, then they can just stop right there. I find myself having to scroll way down like 2349082349723643 lines to find out what people want just to see that I don't have any of those cards.

LAME!

Well one way to put it is this. Some people want to know what you have that interests them or they need before they will see what you need. In this case, you get tons of "CML for zzzzz ex" posts. (some are too lazy to check your wants list)

Putting H/W in reverse gets you:
"I have char ex do you have any metagross d?"
...when you clearly don't metagross d on the haves list (some are too lazy to check your haves list).

#1 reason for haves first is:
Just because it's not on a person's wants list doesn't always mean that they won't trade for those cards. This is also known as the birth of check my list or"CML".

So either way you put it you're still gonna be bothered by one type or another. :rolleyes:

Just wondering... do you even have a recent trade list to justify this thread? (not an auction... >_>)

Last edited:
EternalFire made an excellent distinction. The cards you have are static. You either have the card to trade or you do not. However, what you want is very dynamic. You can potentially want any card printed in a trade, with the listed wants being more specifically-pressing things. While the cards you have are unchanging, the cards you're willing to trade for is very much changing. You can always broker a deal for a card, but you can't simply HAVE a card you don't own even if someone is willing to give up a lot for it.

Back