Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SOM's first top cut/win in the masters division

Spirit Of Mew

Today I went to The Soldiery in columbus for the BR being held there. I decided to stick with my Flygon Machamp that I've played since the beginning of this season. After it going 4-1 and 3-2 previously I decided to continue with the same list and take another shot.

There were about 33 players in masters. 5 rounds top 4

Round 1: Rhyperior Delcatty
I set up really fast on this guys and had flygon out and discard quickly. He only ever got one rhyperior x up that I two shotted and soon after 20 minutes was called I decked him

1-0

Round 2: Flygon Absol
She went first with a purugly g start and no energy. She passed. I had a lone Machop start with only a psychic energy in hand. I topped a baltoy played BTS. Used bebe's to get the claydol. Cosmiced into the rare candy Machamp and energy. DONK

2-0

Round 3: Bastoise
He went first with a lone squirtle. Again I had another machap. This time I had the rare candy fighting energy and bebe's. Another don o_O

3-0

Round 4: Gengar
Normally I would feel pretty good about this machup until I found that I had two baltoy and an Uxie prized. Need I say more?

3-1

Round 5: T-tar
I had played him before and won, but this time I had a horrible and made many miss plays and sniped me to death. It also didn't help that I couldn't get my Queen out.

3-2

I was pretty certain there was no way I would make it. Until a ton of people dropped to the point that 2 3-2's made it in. I was the third seed!

Top 4: T-tar
Game 1:
Against the same thing again. The first game came close but he got set up real nice and swarmed me.
Game 2:
It was back a forth as far as prizes went but I managed to keep my flygon alive enough to the point the he gave in before he decked himself.
Game 3: Time ran out so next prize won. I got the much better set up and ended up winning when he didn't put his uxie on bottom forgetting machamp could KO it.

Top 2: T-tar
Game 1:
I was surprised to see two of these in top but they were both really good. I went second allowing me an amazing set up taking to quick prizes. I got flygon x out and had discarded both his warp point. After using a warp of my own he brought up sableye. At that point I used memory berry to sand tomb it and because of resistance he took no damaged and decked himself.
Game 2:
He chose to go first??? I was confused but he didn't have much of a start anyway he didn't really get to evolve much so I ran over him with Machamp

I WON!

This is the first time I've made a top cut since I started masters last season and I ended up winning.

Props:
-Ryan for running it so smoothly
-His wife for calling me emo
-Rockstar energy drink
-The DuLards
-Henry and Adler
-Pulling Raquaza X in my 4 packs
-Winning the first tourny I top in for masters
-Not Changing my Flygon list even a little

Slops:
-Bad hand against gengar and T-Tar
-Not getting to see my NE friends

I'll see you all again next week at strongsville and Mansfeild!

Back