Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Southeast Regional Championship - Greensboro, NC 4/21/07

Feraligatr

Just got word on the Southeast Regional Championship. Same location as last two years. Please see below for initial details and keep checking back for updates!!! Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions or post them here.

Working with David Tuskey (VA PTO) on running this fun filled event!!!

So who is planning on coming??? Please feel free to post here if you are!!!

3114 CEDAR PARK ROAD
GREENSBORO, NC 27405
UNITED STATES
1-336-697-4000
web site: http://www.gsoex.com

Room Info
Block of rooms are available while they last at the discounted rate of $69 by letting the hotel know you are attending the Pokemon Southeast Regional Championship when calling in to reserve your room (1 King bed or 2 Double beds). Check in is 10:00am or after and check out is by 11:00am.

Vendor
There will also be a vendor on site that will have cool stuff for sale like deck protectors, deck boxes, Pokemon single cards, etc...

Airport Info
Please click on this link http://www.flyfrompti.com/ for information about the local airport (Piedmont Triad Intl Airport) if you are flying in. The airport is approximately 18 miles from the hotel.

Directions
VA/DC: I-95S to I-85S (exit 51) to I-85S/I-40W (exit 131) to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn right onto Cedar Park Rd.

WV: I-77S to I-74E (exit 101) which becomes US-52S to I-40E (exit 107A) to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

Eastern NC: I-40W to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn right onto Cedar Park Rd.

TN/Western NC: I-40E to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

GA/Western SC/Charlotte, NC: I-85N to I-85 BR N to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

Middle SC: I-77N to I-85N to I-85 BR N to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

Date
Sat, April 21, 2007

Registration Time
10:00am - 11:00am

Deck registration sheets will be required and available on site.

Have a special surprise from PokemonCenter for all players...

Start Time
11:30am

Entry Fee
FREE

Format
Modified (Ex Deoxys through Ex Power Keepers including Nintendo black star promo cards 029 and above, Ex Trainer Kit 2, and POP Series 2, 3, & 4). If card has been reprinted in one of the sets mentioned above the older version can be used (i.e. Warp Point, TV Reporter, etc).

Rounds
Based on attendance. After swiss rounds are completed, cut to single elimination per age group with 1 hour match, best 2 of 3 (top ?? will be based on attendance per age group with a MAXIMUM cut of 16).

Our Awesome Staff
David T (totoro)
Tymon M (Gym Leader Blaine)
Tara M
Keith H (Lawman)
Randy M (DarkMewtwo)
Javier S
Gary W (GrandDaddy)
Stephan V (Scizorsfury)
Pam T
Zina M (ukewoman)
Toni R (ncpicachufan2000)
Susan P

Local Attractions
Wet & Wild Emerald Pointe
http://www.emeraldpointe.com/

Children's Museum
http://www.gcmuseum.com/flash.htm

Celebration Station
http://www.celebrationstation.com/

Four Seasons Mall
http://www.shopfourseasons.com/html/

Prime Outlets (Burlington)
www.bmocoutlet.com

Minor League Baseball
http://www.gsohoppers.com/

Ace Speedway (Burlington)
http://www.acespeedway.com

Prizes
1st Place
• A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Trophy
• A travel award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18), U.S. residents only, to the 2007 US National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio! Including a four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
• A scholarship award worth $1500
• A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place
• A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
• A scholarship award worth $1000 A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

3rd
• A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
• A scholarship award worth $750. A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

4th Place
• A scholarship award worth $750 A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

5th Place through 8th Place
• A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Side Events
Sealed - $15 (everyone gets 5 booster packs to build a 40 card deck including basic energies which will be provided on site)

Booster Draft - $15 (everyone gets 5 booster packs to build a 40 card deck including basic energies which will be provided on site)

Rochester Draft - $15

Each side event will be a 8 player pickup so when there are at least 8 players that side event will start.

Each side event will have the following prize structure:
1st - 4 booster packs
2nd - 3 booster packs
3rd - 2 booster packs
4th - 1 booster pack

FUN CONTEST: Guess the Damage Counters
Fun contest for everyone to have a chance to win a ... (have to come to find out but it is really cool)!!! What you do is try to guess the amount of Damage Counters in the jar. Closest person to the correct # of Damage counters in the jar wins the prize! In case of a tie, the winner will be decided randomly by die roll between the tied contestants. Anyone can enter this contest (meaning parents and siblings of players can enter) but each person only gets one guess slip to cast their best guess. You must be present to win.

Door Prizes
Nintendo Wii
Diamond and Pearl Booster Packs from Japan
Ex Power Keepers Booster Boxes (1 per age group)
Skitty/Pokeball Plush from China (1 per age group)
Weavile Pokemon Plush (1 per age group)
Slaking Pokemon Figure (1 per age group)

==========================================================================

Annual Friday Night Tournament

Location (different location from hotel so there are no time constraints. This is a great location!!!)
DJ's Cards & Stuff
2619 South Main Street
High Point, NC
336-883-9900

Registration Time
6:00pm - 7:00pm

Start Time
7:30am

Entry Fee
FREE

Directions
From Holiday Inn: Turn LEFT onto E LEE ST / NC-6 E. Merge onto I-40 W / I-85 BR S toward High Point. Keep left to take US-29 S / US-70 W via exit 36A toward High Point / Charlotte. Merge onto I-85 BL S / US-29 S / US-70 W via exit 118 toward High Point. Take the exit toward US-311 S / Asheboro. Merge onto NW Cloverleaf Pl/US-311 S. Go about .5 mile and store will be in a shopping center on the left with Buy Rite Furniture and Copperhood Grill & Sports Bar.

Format
Modified (Ex Deoxys through Ex Power Keepers including Nintendo black star promo cards 029 and above, Ex Trainer Kit 2, and POP Series 2, 3, 4). If card has been reprinted in one of the sets mentioned above the older version can be used (i.e. Warp Point, TV Reporter, etc).

Swiss rounds, no single elimination, and number of rounds based on attendance.

Prizes
1st: 12 Power Keepers Booster Packs & Choice of Lucario Plush or Lugia Deck Box
2nd & 3rd: 6 Power Keepers Booster Packs & What 1st place doesn't choose
4th & 5th: 3 Power Keepers Booster Packs
6th thru 8th: 2 Power Keepers Booster Packs

Last edited:
Interesting prize structure. States had trophies for 1-4 and Origins badges for 2nd, while this has only trophies for 1-3 and no 2nd place Origins badge. Are you sure that's the right prize structure?

Jeff is rockin' and a rollin'! Let Vince and Cookie battle about when their announcement will come and Da Fer just plunks his info right down in January still!! YOU DA MAN FER!

Keith

Interesting prize structure. States had trophies for 1-4 and Origins badges for 2nd, while this has only trophies for 1-3 and no 2nd place Origins badge. Are you sure that's the right prize structure?

One word....scholarships! That is the difference vs. States prizes.

Keith

I noticed the scholarships. The Origins thing just felt a little, idk, wierd to me, even with the addition of scholarships...

Killer! New locations are always nice! Hopefully there is as much, if not more, room than last time. Can't wait!

Someone beat Vince and Mike cook in posting regionals info! Interesting how the 1st place's scholarship is drastically reduced from last years.

Someone beat Vince and Mike cook in posting regionals info! Interesting how the 1st place's scholarship is drastically reduced from last years.

Drastically reduced??? It is only a change of $500 for first BUT you now have a chance to win multiplte. Just goes to show PUI can't please everyone...:rolleyes:

Sorry, Team Rocket; Team Dragon is moving forward beyond the speed of light jubilantly excited about this grand event. Teams Leafia and Glacia are sharing some ideas with me what dekcs to bring for some friends. It will be a great time for playing and meeting up with many friends. See you in April!

Good News & Bad news. Had to change location due to problems with the original location posted (Burlington, NC). See modified main post with the new date and location (same as last years). Good news is I was able to coordinate this with other Regionals. Plus note location change for the Annual Friday tournament. This will resolve the issue we have had in the past with time issues (no getting booted out...LOL). This is a really cool location with lots of cool stuff for sale!!!

Team R will be going!

w00t0w00t0t0t0w0w0w0t0t0wet0w

It'll be my first regional since 2005 (my first tournament evah)

i might go to this if im lucky enough. =] 20% chance or something like that. family plans on going to 2 regs and great lakes is on a different week!! YAYYY!

Looking forward to Regionals

The Millers will be here. Hope to see all of you as well! Bring your "A" game because this Regional will be rocking! I can't wait.

Randy
:clap:

I am working on getting hold of some Japanese D/P packs for some door prizes along with Feraligatr's amazing offerings. Will post here if my Japanese connection pans out....

Back