Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Southeastern Regionals - May 28th - Kissimmee, Florida

GymLeaderPhil

If you have ANY questions not listed here, please ask in here or contact Heidi Craig at [email protected] Or at her home phone number 863-326-1788.

Where is the Southeastern Regional Championships?
Ramada Plaza Hotel and Inn
7470 HWY 192 West
Kissimmee, FL 34747
Hotel Number: 407-396-4400

The hotel is located 25 miles from the Orlando International Airport, should you decide to fly down. There is a shuttle service available for about $30.00 roundtrip, as well as car rental services and taxis. More infomation on local transportation to reach the Southeastern Regional Championships and surrounding attractions can be found at the bottom of this post.

When is the Southeastern Regional Championships?

The Southeastern Regional Championships are on Saturday, May 28th. Registration starts at 9:30am and closes promptly at 11:00am. The event will start at 11:30am. Side Events will run all day (after the main event registration has closed) based on player interest in participation. If you are running late the day of the tournament or should you get lost on the way to the tournament this is the only time you may ever call this number 863-604-8193.

What do I need to get into the Southeastern Regional Championships?

There are no entry fees or qualifications needed to participate in the Southeastern Regional Championships. Local residency is not a requirement to participate. You must be a player in good standing and abide by the Pokemon Tournament Rules and all other applicable event rules.

What is the Tournament Format and Structure?
Your deck must be comprised of cards that are legal in the Modified Format. Only cards from EX Ruby & Sapphire thru EX Emerald are legal unless the card has been reprinted in one of the above sets (i.e. Warp Point, Boost Energy, Switch, Basic Energy, etc).

All three age groups (10-Under, 11-14, and 15+) will be seperated and play their own swiss rounds to determine a top cut. Single Elimination Rounds for each age group will be best 2 of 3, one hour matches. The top cut for the single elimination rounds depend on the amount of attendees in your age group. For how match winners are determined: See page 14 of this document http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/pdfs/Pokemon TCG 2004 Tournament Rules.pdf

What are the Regional Championship Prizes?
All participants receive a Regional Championship promo card just for entering, while supplies last.

These prizes are awarded to each top 8 finishers in each of three age groups (10 & Under; 11-14; and 15 and up).

1st Place
A Pokemon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
An invitation to the Pokemon TCG World Championships in August 2005
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championships in San Diego, California.
A scholarship award worth $1500 (scholarship details and restrictions)
A $300 travel allowance to attend the Origins International Game Expo and participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships. This award will be given on-site at the event.
Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokemon TCG expansions

2nd Place
A Pokemon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
An invitation to the Pokemon World Championships in August 2005
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2005 World Championship in San Diego, California.
A scholarship award worth $1000 (scholarship details and restrictions)

3rd Place
A Pokemon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $500 (scholarship details and restrictions)

4th Place
A scholarship award worth $500 (scholarship details and restrictions)

5th through 8th Place
A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokemon TCG expansions

How do I collect my travel allowance and Origins badge?

Upon receiving your prize package at your Regional Championship, the Tournament Organizer will give you a form to return to Pokemon Organized Play, as well as an Origins pre-registration form. The form must be received by POP no later than June 8th, 2005, in order to qualify for your travel allowance when you arrive at Origins.

The Origins pre-registration form must be returned to Origins at the address provided on the form, by the deadline given on the form, in order to secure your four-day badge. Players who fail to get their pre-registration forms to Origins in time will lose the benefit of free admission to the convention.

Travel allowances will be given in the form of travelers' checks on Friday, July 1st between 2 P.M. and 5 P.M. and Saturday, July 2nd between 10 A.M. and 1 P.M. at the Pokemon TCG Tournament Headquarters in the TCG Hall. Photo ID of player or parent/guardian will be required to collect your travel allowance.

Players planning to attend the Pokemon TCG USA National Championships at Origins should consider booking accommodations early. Origins is a very popular event, and the hotels nearest the Convention Center fill up quickly. A list of hotels near the Convention Center, as well as other helpful information, can be found at www.originsgames.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Events
Side Events will run all day (after the main event registration has closed) based on player interest in participation.

Sealed
$20.00 entry per player
Prizes: 3 boosters packs per entry goes towards the prize pool for the top 8 players. In addition, each player that enters will receive a pack from a current expansion.

Modified
$5.00 entry per player
Prizes: 2 boosters packs per entry goes towards the prize pool for the top 8 players.

Raffles
There will be raffles for players in the main tournament throughout the day (usually before the start of each round) for these awesome items:
-Deck Bags
-Trade Binders
-Pokemon Beanies
-Pokemon Binders
-1 set of Team Aqua and Team Magma Collectors Shirts
-Team Rocket Prerelease Shirts
-Pokemon Coliseum video game for the Nintendo Game Cube

Surrounding Attractions
Parents and other non playing participants are mere minutes away from Orlando's theme parks and attractions.
Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Studios, and Animal Kingdom: About 3 miles
Sea World, Discovery Cove: 6 miles
Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Wet -N- Wild: 10 miles

Dining

The Hotel itself is offering a Hamburger or Hot Dog, Drink, and Chips for $6 during lunch. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance, as well as in the driving area along US 192.

Accomodations
If you call and reserve a room at the Ramada Plaza Hotel and Inn in Kissimmee by May 14th and mention your room booking for the Pokemon Regional Championship your rate will be $49.00 per night plus 13% tax. The toll free number to book a room is 1-800-327-9170.

Transportation
If you are arriving by plane to the Orlando International Airport, here is some important information surrounding your transportation options to get to the Southeastern Regional Championships, as well as area attractions. The hotel is located 25 miles from the Orlando International Airport.

Rental Cars - If you are planning on roaming Orlando freely, a rental car is the best thing to look into. Orlando is one of the largest rental car markets in the worlds, with all major car rental companies easily accessible from the Orlando International Airport. Rental cars will run between $20 to $60 per day depending upon the length of rental, size/type of car, insurance, and the current tourism season. For more info, go to www.orlandoairports.net/goaa/ops/rac.htm. We encourage you to make your reservations ahead of time.

Shuttle Service (Mears) - Shuttle services run on infrequent scheduled pickups at the Southeastern Regional Championhips. Shuttles will arrange for more than one pick up and drop off, so be prepared to wait/ride for more than an hour. Shuttles charge per person, rates depending upon the distance between pick-up and destination. It is required to call at least a day in advance to arrange pick up times. Mears Transportation charges approx. $30.00 per adult, $20.00 per child (3-11), and children under 3 ride free for a round trip or $15.00 one way for shuttle service from the Airport. Shuttle vans are available on Level 1 on both the A and B sides of the Orlando International Airport Main Terminal. For additional ground transportation information or to reserve a shuttle go to: www.orlandoairports.net/goaa/ops/bus_taxi.htm. You can contact Mears at 800-223-3868.

Cabs/Taxi - Cabs range from $35-$50 each way. A cab can hold up to 5, 6, or 9 adults, so depending on how many people are arriving at once, a cab may be more cost and time efficient as well. You will also be charged a fee for each 50 seconds of idle time on the road as well as fees per passenger. No reservation needed. Taxis are available on Level 1 on both the A (A1, A2, A16, A17) and B sides (B1, B2, B21, B22, B23) of the Main Terminal. For additional cab/taxi information visit www.orlandoairports.net/goaa/ops/bus_taxi.htm.

Last edited:
I have a question Phil . I already have a $300 travel voucher waiting for me at Orgins. If i am fortunate enough to win a regionals do i get another $300 travel voucher for nationals? I'm sure other states winners are also wondering
about this.

John

ps- enzyme fortified floor cleaner??

the_sniper said:
I have a question Phil . I already have a $300 travel voucher waiting for me at Orgins. If i am fortunate enough to win a regionals do i get another $300 travel voucher for nationals? I'm sure other states winners are also wondering
about this.

John
From http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/home/faqs/faq_pop_general.asp:

Q: If I win a U.S. State Championship and a U.S. Regional Championship, do I get two Travel Allowances to the U.S. Nationals?

A: No, nor will you receive two Event Admission Badges. POP Policy is that invitations, Travel Awards, and byes are not cumulative. This means that a player may earn only one of these items to a specific event. If a player who has already received a Travel Allowance from States wins another at a Regional Championship, that travel stipend and Origins badge will not pass down.

POP Policy is that invitations and Worlds Travel Awards are "passed down" but that Travel Allowances and Event Admissions are not.

Last edited:
I'll most likely be there.

Just you let everyone know I plan on winning 11-14 so watch out guys ;x

IamMexican said:
I'll most likely be there.

Just you let everyone know I plan on winning 11-14 so watch out guys ;x

You West Palm guys said the same thing about states ( not that darksneasel is the sharpest tool in the shed) . Didn't happen. Planning and winning are 2 seperate things and , personally, i don't see any titles going to West Palm Beach from this event. We'll see.

I plan on teleporting to the event and winning the team competition with my partner, Capt. Picard.

That might not happen either!

the_sniper said:
You West Palm guys said the same thing about states ( not that darksneasel is the sharpest tool in the shed) . Didn't happen. Planning and winning are 2 seperate things and , personally, i don't see any titles going to West Palm Beach from this event. We'll see.

Well Patrick said that and he wasn't referring to me, he was talking about another 11-14 WPB player winning, just to let you know ;p

Last edited:
Back