2 Pokemon Communication
2 Cyrus's Intiative
4 Super Scoop Up

Energy: 10
4 DCE
3 Basic Dark
3 Special Dark

Strategy:
Discard my opponent's hand with Weavile and Team Rocket's Handiwork, and snipe with Garchomp + Weavile. Uxie + Uxie X for draw, and the SP Engine for speed.

It's a speculative list, so tear it apart.

Sneasel - Darkness - HP 60
Basic Pokemon
[C] Fury Swipes: Flip 3 coins, this attack does 10 damage times the number of heads.
[D][D] Beat Up: Flip a coin for each of your Pokemon in play, this attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 0

Weavile - Darkness - HP 80
Stage 1 - Evolves from Sneasel
Poke-Power: Snatch Claw
You can use this power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Evolve a Pokemon. Look at your opponent’s hand and discard 1 card you find there.
[D][C] Feint Attack: Does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any effects on the targeted Pokemon.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 0

Team Rocket’s Handiwork - Supporter
Draw 2 cards from your deck. Then, your opponent discards 1 card from his or her hand.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

Last edited:
Weavile could work in sablelock decks, but maybe think about adding BTS and Hunter so that you can return weavile to your hand via Hunter/SSU and then play it down again with BTS.

Just a thought, but i dont know what u might take out...

I know that Sablelock and Weavile can get pretty crowded, and I love how Weavile can really cause some disruption after a Judge, and you can still Impersonate a Cyrus's Initiative, but I don't like the single SP Radar and 2 Energy Gain. I'd try to fit those two in, and then try to find space for Weavile. 3 Judge seems a little excessive in my opinion; I'd swap it for another Cyrus's Initiative (what if your only one is prized?)

Aside from that, this looks like a cool idea.

I know that Sablelock and Weavile can get pretty crowded, and I love how Weavile can really cause some disruption after a Judge, and you can still Impersonate a Cyrus's Initiative, but I don't like the single SP Radar and 2 Energy Gain. I'd try to fit those two in, and then try to find space for Weavile. 3 Judge seems a little excessive in my opinion; I'd swap it for another Cyrus's Initiative (what if your only one is prized?)

Aside from that, this looks like a cool idea.

First off, thanks.

And second, I know the weird SP support line is... well, weird. any suggestions what to drop?

BTS will sadly mostly help your opponent out. I'd remove them for an extra Gain and 2 more Radars. Otherwise, pretty slick! :)

First off, thanks.

And second, I know the weird SP support line is... well, weird. any suggestions what to drop?

Like darksoulSP said, the first thing that comes to mind are the BTSs. However, Sablelock tries to focus on getting as much disruption as possible on the first turn, so removing the BTSs can leave your opponent a small opening. If you remove just 1 BTS, you might not be able to draw into the remaining two.

3 Judge seems a little excessive, but I know you need them since they work so well with Weavile.

Team Rocket's Handiwork is a really good card for this deck, but it gives your opponent the option to just trash something useless at the time, like an Energy, which in turn can set them up even more if they somehow manage to get an Uxie.

I honestly think your best bet would be to drop a Team Rocket's Handiwork, followed by a Judge, and if you need anything else I would take out a BTS and possibly a 2nd Team Rocket's Handiwork or a 1-1 Weavile (having all three on the bench could cause minor problems late-game.)

I want to keep it at least a 3-3 line, personally. I'd always end up with one or the other prized other wise.

Updated list.

Here are some fixes David
Take out Giratina for Bronzong G so when you Poketurn one Chomp C, you can move any remaining energy to the other on the bench.
Take out 1-1 Weavile for Unown Q and Energy Exchange unit
Take out 3 BTS for another Energy Exchange Unit, another Collector and Unown D. Unown D makes it easier to donk with Sableye and other decks use BTS and you can just use theirs. The extra collector can provide more consistancy.
Take out all of the SSU's for 3 Power Spray and another Collector. Spray is to good to pass up and if you take out the BTS's, they will be useless. The collector makes donks very easy with Unown D to search Special Dark's and Crobat G.
Take out 1 Judge and put in another Special Dark. Cyrus can only search out 3 energy per game and drawing enough energy is crucial with any deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back