Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Speed Bouffalant.

pokedan24

Here's a deck idea I thought of. I thought about putting this in "bad deck ideas", but I don't think it's a bad deck at all. It might be crazy enough to work.

Pokémon 8
4: Bouffalant
4: Deoxys EX

Energy 8
4 plasma
4 DCE

Trainers 37

4 Colress Machine
4 Plasma Badge
4 Virbank Gym
4 Laser
4 Ultra Ball
4 Plasma Ball
4 Bicycle
4 Skyla
4 Juniper
1 computer search

7 other cards.

The goal is to get out Bouffalant for a turn 1 Goldbreaker. Plasma badge/colress machine makes that possible while Deoxys/Virbank/Laser should add enough damage to take down EXes turn one! It's a stretch, but the deck does it's best to increase your odds of getting what you need ASAP. Search cards should increase your odds of getting what you need when you use bicycle/juniper. Not foul proof of course, but it could be fun to pull off.

"Catcher Deoxys." I think that's the main problem with the list as written. You do have 7 cards to address that though, and I think this a solid deck idea. With Laserbank and 3 Deoxys, the ability to one shot EXs is really good. I think the deck's main vulnerability is Kyurem PLF with Keldeo-Float Stone backing it up. They'll be able to one shot you, with no fear of a return one shot (unless you have all deoxys on the table and laser in hand) Still, against an EX heavy deck, this could perform.

this is basically what I had been playing the the month before nationals and for nationals. my first build had tornadus ex (dex) and a few psychic energy. T1 pressure that this deck can put on is crazy. but found when I played against the plasma match-up as good as a T1 tornadus ex is, a T1 thundurus wreaked havoc on it.

so before nats I tried going with landorus ex and a few prism energies, T1 pressure with lando helped a lot when my opponent starts with thundrus, darkrai/absol, and eels, but fails miserably against plasma kyruem starts. The 30 put on the bench with Hammer Head set up KOs for bouffalant and I didn't have to rely on lasers for the KOs as much. Teched in a keldeo, since I was already running 2 float stones, even used it to attack once with prism+DCE.

Only match up I had lot of difficulty against was blastoise, once they set up it is incredibly difficult to keep up with their energy acceleration.

This deck is soooo much fun to play with, T1 gold breaker for 150+ is devastating but I would also try the tornadusex /landorus ex also.

Good luck!

Back