Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Speed Venusaur? Sorta. Deck help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXBulbaXx

Hiya there!

I'm sorta of a newbie when it comes to making strategic decks so I'd appreciate all help from, well, everyone , for this Venusaur deck I'm working on!
It's mainly a deck made for fun, because my trademark at the weekly tourneys I go to is Bulbasaur. I had to make myself a Bulbasaur deck, but I figured maybe I could use it before the ban comes and I can't use several cards in the deck.

Well anyway, first things first, here's my deck list:

-----------------------------------------
Pokemon:
4 Bulbasaur SV
3 Ivysaur SV
2 Venusaur SV
2 Venusaur SW
2 Roselia UN
2 Roserade UN
2 Magmar UN
1 Magmortar SV
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
1 Azelf LA

Trainers/Supporters:
1 Dusk Ball
3 Broken Time Space
2 Rare Candy
2 Expert Belt
1 Pokemon Collector
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Roseanne's Research
2 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Communication
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Warp Point
1 Switch
1 Luxury Ball

Energies:
9 Grass Energies
2 Psychic Energies
1 Double Colorless Energy
--------------------------------------
Now, let me explain how I wanted this deck to work.

This deck relies on Special Conditions on the opponent, for Venusaur SV's Miracle Aroma attack. The attack does 40 damage plus 40 for EACH special condition on the defending Pokemon.
That's my main attacker. Now let me show you my supporters.

Ivysaur SV is put in for it's Evolutionary Pollen, which puts the enemy to sleep when you put it down. ouo
Venusaur SW is for it's Miracle Aroma, flip a coin. If heads you may make the defending Pokemon either asleep, burned, or poisoned. Which is pretty nice, though it may get tails.

The Magmortar SV is also for it's Poke-Power. When you put it down the enemy gets Burned AND Confused. Already winning a nice 120 damage. SSU when I wanna use him again I guess.
Roserade is also for it's Poke-Power. When you attach a Grass energy the defending Pokemon is confused, whilst when you attack a Poison energy the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. Which is why the 2 Psychic energies are in.

However, I noticed some flaws. One thing is the obvious lack of UXIE.
I MAY be able to get 1 or 2 Uxies tomorrow or some other day, but how many should I put in? 1 or 2? Also, if I do, what do I take out?
Do I need more cards to switch my Pokemon? Or is just the 1 Warp Point and 1 Switch okie?

Also, the major flaw here would be the appearance of Steelix Prime, which prevents all special conditions.
Steelix is weak to fire. Should I maybe throw in a Magmortar lv X and some Fire energies? I'm not sure.

Or maybe should I change my Special Condition support Pokemon to different ones? I'd appreciate any suggestions to those, because I don't know that many Pokemon cards. Aheh....

Thankies! I'd appreciate any help I can get to improve this deck! Go Bulba go! :D

Last edited:
Please post your deck list and not just a link to the list. You have 24 hours to post it or the thread will be delted or closed.

Pokémon: 23
2 Venusaur SV
2 Venusaur SW
2 Ivysaur SV
4 Bulbasaur SW
2 Roserade UL
2 Roselia UL
1 Blaziken PL
1 Torchic PL
2 Claydol GE
2 Baltoy GE
1 Azelf LA
2 Uxie LA

Trainers: 25
4 Broken Time Space
3 Rare Candy
2 Pokémon Communication
1 Luxury Ball
2 Expert Belt
4 Warp Point
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Bebe's Search
1 Palmer's Contribution

Energy: 12
5 Grass
2 Psychic
1 Multi-Energy
4 Double Colorless

Since speed is what you're looking for, maxing out on Double Colorless and Broken Time-Space is a must if you're looking to get Venusaur online by turn 3. In addition, I've teched in a 1-0-1 Platinum Blaziken line so you can get the burn going each turn with Fire Breath. I've also teched in a Multi-Energy so if you attach it to your Roserade, you can inflict Confusion and Poison at the same time when you use Energy Signal. I switched up the Bulbasaur to the ones from Secret Wonders since it has that handy, no-energy sleep attack. Warp Point increases to four, ensuring all of your high retreaters have a way to make it back to the bench. While this deck loses to Spiritomb in the early game, I've got to admit this looks like a pretty fun deck.

Pokémon: 23
2 Venusaur SV
2 Venusaur SW
2 Ivysaur SV
4 Bulbasaur SW
2 Roserade UL
2 Roselia UL
1 Blaziken PL
1 Torchic PL
2 Claydol GE
2 Baltoy GE
1 Azelf LA
2 Uxie LA

Trainers: 25
4 Broken Time Space
3 Rare Candy
2 Pokémon Communication
1 Luxury Ball
2 Expert Belt
4 Warp Point
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Bebe's Search
1 Palmer's Contribution

Energy: 12
5 Grass
2 Psychic
1 Multi-Energy
4 Double Colorless

Since speed is what you're looking for, maxing out on Double Colorless and Broken Time-Space is a must if you're looking to get Venusaur online by turn 3. In addition, I've teched in a 1-0-1 Platinum Blaziken line so you can get the burn going each turn with Fire Breath. I've also teched in a Multi-Energy so if you attach it to your Roserade, you can inflict Confusion and Poison at the same time when you use Energy Signal. I switched up the Bulbasaur to the ones from Secret Wonders since it has that handy, no-energy sleep attack. Warp Point increases to four, ensuring all of your high retreaters have a way to make it back to the bench. While this deck loses to Spiritomb in the early game, I've got to admit this looks like a pretty fun deck.

Rainbow Energy > Multi energy, in this case.

Thank you so much, Denjin Hadou, for your help. Yes, the Blaziken sounds really good. I shall try to get that Blaziken and Torchic. 4 Double Colorless? That's quite a lot. I think I only need 1 or 2, but that's my own opinion. Then again I only have 2 Double Colorless Energy. Eheh...
Wow, Multi-Energy is pretty awesome for Roserade. ouo
Rainbow Energy is pretty good too. Hmm....

4 Broken Time Space? Wouldn't 3 be enough?
Maybe 4 would be useful if I decided to throw in a Skuntank G or something. Hmm...
Oh, maybe I should throw in a Wigglytuff GE? It afflicts Sleep and because of Venusaur's Poke-Body, it can't get affected.

Yep yep, I tried using the deck a few times. It is quite fun to use. ouo

I was just thinking, when Undaunted comes out, Leafeon might be useful. Since it's attack is 50 damage for each Special Condition and only needs one colorless energy. The only problem is Pokemon like Wigglytuff and Skuntank. Then again I could just use Roserade and Blaziken.

I assure you, that maxed out line of four Double Colorless should prove useful for getting that Venusaur up by turn 3 at the least and with one less energy attachment towards him. Broken Time-Space is maxed so that you'll never shut yourself down an opportunity to get your other Venusaurs and techs going up as soon as possible.

Adding more techs like Wigglytuff and Skuntank G will ultimately stretch your Pokémon lines thin and take away from the consistency of the deck list I suggested.

I think someone posted a Leafeon UL decklist here, if you take your time to find it, you'll see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back