Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Speed Zekrom vs Black Out

wolfroke

Okay, so i read on some posts that Speed Zekrom is over hyped, but what i don't understand is why would it be over hyped if it sets up on T1? Doesn't that make Black Out much less than it is?
I mean, Speed is like T1 Donk, or easy Prize While the other person is still setting up.
What do you guys think?

Well the Speed Zekrom is ALL just based on Zekrom attacking and endin it early game, of course all Zekrom decks wants the T1 120, but other Zekrom decks have a late game plan with it.

Yes, no later plan, its whole strategy is either Donk or a just repeatedly hittin for 120 with no chance of dyin(not goin to happen)

so its like this:
Speed: "HAAAAAA!!!" *burns out later* o.o...
Black: "Nice and Easy boys..." *owns after speed burns out*
Right? O:

Yep, but you do have a fast game at the beginning with both, all that is different is Black you are settin up for late game also

IDK because ppl love hypes I guess, but very few play just straight out Speed Zekrom anymore. And Black Out still can possibly Donk somebody, one of the few that will be able to next format.

If you look at it objectively you must note that any non speed version of Zekrom will suffer from less constancy in the turn 1 Bolt Strike. wiith the introduction of other cards not used to promote the turn 1 Bolt Strike you decrease the probability of a complete setup.

So to answer your question the difference is, consistency of the initial attack vs longevity.

Now you have to ask yourself, vs anything but Donphan, after a turn 1 bolt strike do you need a late game?

This deck as of now is not great, it's missing key cards, catcher for one (so you can choose what it kill and stop a setup) the other is another basic pokemon that can be used in the same way as Zekrom (Tornadus) this also helps I the Donphan matchup.

As of now Zekrom is just a donk deck, I really feel all other attempts are useless. Why not just use Reshiram if you have to set anything else up?
Posted with Mobile style...

Zekrom needs to be a t1 deck to compete imo. Reshiram outclasses a slower zekrom with Ninetails, RDL, and multiple ways to recover energy and attach it immediately once set up. You need T1 Zekrom to disrupt your opponent. I'm sure it's possible to make a fast Zekrom with a decent late game.

Zekrom needs to be a t1 deck to compete imo. Reshiram outclasses a slower zekrom with Ninetails, RDL, and multiple ways to recover energy and attach it immediately once set up. You need T1 Zekrom to disrupt your opponent. I'm sure it's possible to make a fast Zekrom with a decent late game.

Consistent late game>>>t1 KO. If you can't beat reshiram with a t2 list, you're doing it wrong.

Consistent late game>>>t1 KO. If you can't beat reshiram with a t2 list, you're doing it wrong.[/QUOTE/]

T2 doesn't even mean a T2 knockout if cleffa is asleep(decent chance). Reshiram has a ton of advantages to a T2 list when it can get set up 1-2 turns later, and easily wins the game with better recovery of energies, doesn't need pluspowers, and RDL.

Consistent late game>>>t1 KO. If you can't beat reshiram with a t2 list, you're doing it wrong.[/QUOTE/]

T2 doesn't even mean a T2 knockout if cleffa is asleep(decent chance). Reshiram has a ton of advantages to a T2 list when it can get set up 1-2 turns later, and easily wins the game with better recovery of energies, doesn't need pluspowers, and RDL.

If you don't play switch, you're doing it wrong.

so misnos thinks that its a good deck?

I actually have a speed version built, and have tested a version with yanmega but dont like it. If you want to see my deck my YouTube channel has it playing and a full deck list with explanations for every card.

I love the deck but I try and be realistic about it for now.

Hello all, I would like to inform you of a good zekrom build. Say what you must but this is quite possibly the most consistent and competitive deck in any given situation. This is how zekrom should be, the list is similar to most peoples list at first so bear with me and my analysis/explanation.

4 Zekrom
2 Pachurisu
2 Shaymin
2 Cleffa
1 Unown Dark
1/1 Suicune Entei Legend

4 Pokemon collector
2 Professor Juniper
2 Judge
2 Seeker
4 Dual Ball
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Junk Arm
2 Super scoop up
2 energy retrieval
3 pluspower
1 defender
2 Switch

15 Electric
2 fire
1 rainbow
1 dark

Alright so heres how it is. 2 cleffas are such a good play. They are free retreaters meaning that you pretty much can get a zekrom out turn 1 even if you don't start with him in your opening hand. Also the hand refresher is always awesome. The big deal is Suicune Entei legend!!!!!!!!! This card has 160hp and ohko's reshiram, donphan. This card kills donphan absolutely. This card should be in all zekrom builds. It helps you beat the one autoloss you have. I cant believe people don't play unown dark in the deck, it is an amazing card. everything else is self explanatory. Give me a REAL REASON as to why suicune entei legend isnt the best play in zekrom.

Tony "taking care of business" Sandalin

You won't get that Legend out often, the only thing you have that can search is Comm...And you need at least 3 of each Shaymin and Pachi or else you won't be able to get a zekrom going late game, especially considering you only play 2 SSU, Junk arm, and Seeker each.

This is a fallacy. The legend is very easy to get out. 2 communication is enough to manage plus straight drawing into it. Getting zekrom late game has not been a problem for me at all. Its not like you need the 3 energy drop in one turn later game. Usually you will be manually be attaching to benched zekroms. Sooo you will not need a pachi drop later and getting one when i need it is no problem. sorry buddy

Back