Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

.:SpeedPluff:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roderick

Hi all, I've been playing Pokemon since Base Set but have stopped playing this past year but am considering of maybe getting back in the game. I've looked a bit around and it seems that the major archetypes are Flygon variants, Blaziken/Luxray SP, Shuppet Donks, don't know if the Gengar variants are still around and GG/Plox seems to have returned.

So I came up with this deck idea:

Pokemon: 20

4 x Pichu HGSS

4 x Jumpluff HGSS
2 x Skiploom HGSS
4 x Hoppip HGSS

3 x Claydol GE
3 x Baltoy GE

Trainers: 30

4 x Rare Candy
4 x Expert Belt
4 x Plus Power
4 x Professor Oak's Visit
2 x Professor Oak's New Theory
3 x Bebe's Search
1 x Luxury Ball
3 x Night Maintinance
3 x Roseanne's Research
2 x Broken Time Space

Energies: 10

10 x Grass Energy

The strategy of this deck is mainly to fill your bench with basics (hopefully your opponent's as well) with Pichu's attack, then use Jumpluff for beatdown. Claydol helps you set up and also replace your koed Jumpluffs. Due to Jumpluff's cheap attacks and continuos draw powers it isn't that hard to replace.

Any suggstions are welcome and apreciated, thanks in advance for your help.

Don't play 4 pichu, it makes it to likely to get donked, and consider playing pachrisu from GE instead of a pichu or two.:thumb:

i get your point, forgot for a moment that SP are basics

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

the reason I tought of playing 4 Pichu was to make sure I start with it and fill the bench up as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I see how you are using a heavy 3-3 line of Claydol for support, but I would consider Uxie for extra draw power. Having it sitting on the bench also allows you to do more damage with Jumpluff. Mesprit LA might not be such a bad idea either with Psychic Bind; you get to lock powers for a turn while adding damage because of occupied Bench spaces. I see your list is oriented towards speed, but a 1-1 Shaymin Lv. X (Land Form) line might help with longer games. Your 130-HP Jumpluffs have enough HP to be 2HKOed instead of OHKOed by most Pokemon.

dont play speed jumpluff it comes up quick because of rare candy/BTS and only one energy to attack if play it with shaymin LV.X (land form) and cherrim you get a powerfull deck.

for an example:

if you start with pichu and fill you bench up and you oppenents also do you allready got a good start 1. because you get the pokemons you need and pichu is just waiting to be KO and then you get jumpluff up.
2. because your and your openent has many benched pokemons had makes jumpluff hit very hard

2 cherrims 1 jumpluff 1 shaymin LV.X land form and a claydoll on your bench and you active is a jumpluff with expert belt you hit with 80 and thats just your side of the field and jumpluff has 150 hp you can take out any pokemon (exept wailord:tongue:)) easily.
and the best is that with pokemon reversal you can take in you opponents claydol and hit it with leaf guard then you OHKOs it and you reduce with 30 in your oppenents turn.

-5 grass
-1-1 claydol
-1 pichu
+2-1 shaymin
+1 roseanne
-1 candy
+2 BTS
+1 skiploom
-2 expert belt
-professor oak/theory
+trainers like,
poke ball
quick ball
great ball
Helps for much consistency and lots of speed!

You can lose with them knocking out just three of your cards with expert belt on them. So you need to use them wisely. So take out one or two. and add that new Sunflora.

PLZ if you are a good and smart player dont listen to absol33 pokeball is a bad idea use pokemon cumunicator instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back