Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Spirit Of Mew's AMAZING Weekend Report

Spirit Of Mew

So, after about 3 months of being out of the game due to family/school situations I was finally able to return for a battle roads :)
Now this is all going to be done from memory and one with lack of sleep at that.
On friday night I went up to Canton to stay with my friend. We play tested quite a bit and both decided on flygon varients.

Now just a for warning I did not do well so it will not be completely detailed as my records did not make the week it the amazing weekend that it was.

Saturday: Massilon, OH
A.J. was amazing and kind enough to give us a ride to the tournament. It was at a new store that had recently been redone after fire damaged. It was a nice little store set in a pretty cool place.

So I went ahead with my Flygon/Queen/Champ that I've been playing all season.

Round 1: Jumpluff
After realizing that I had all three flygon prized as well as my lone uxie and a boltoy I scooped this match.. He did get up 5 prizes to my none though :p it was very well played :)

0-1

Round 2: Flygon/Leafeon
This was my friends deck, it had worked for him during testing. We both had decent starts but my deck took of and I got several quick prizes on him. He scooped after that.

1-1

Round 3: Blastoise/Floatzel
I must say this deck worked very well and I was very impressed by it's power. Because I underestimated it I made many many misplaced and was trashed

1-2

Round 4: Tangrowth/Sceptile/Queen
He got a terrible, I mean probably the worst starting pokemon and hand I've ever seen. I was able to get out a machamp right away and run through his basics as he couldn't seem to evolve. He did manage a tangrowth lv x which I hit right away with my flygon lv. X

2-2

Round 5: Garchomp SP deck
I got out 2 machamp right away knowing that it was my only chance of winning this game, however he was able to play around this very well. It was a very close and intense game. Thanks Hoolon :) and congrats on the win!

2-3

So I didn't finish with a losing record, but I did finish with a great big smile on my face because I had the most fun I've had in ages. I realized why I missed this game so much, and I fell in love with the game again. I was so happy to see people I haven't seen in a while and plan to be right back in with them for the rest of the season and definitly next season.

Props:
Having fun
Seeing my friends
The handle on the table (long story)
Running away with my friend's deck and then winning a side even with it.
A.J. for driving me and Jacob around
Getting a McFlurry (I Love those)
My deck for doing a good job even though I didn't do well it still ran like I love it
My caffeine rushes, Duh! :p

Andrew ended up coming back to spend the night with me and jacob. We all built new decks to playtest and did that for a few hours, after I took a nap :p. We then decided to watch a movie, turned out to be a horror movie. I have discovered that I can fall asleep during the screaming scenes of a horror film... It ended up being a pretty great day over all and I was excited to move on to the next.

Sunday: Cuyahoga Falls

So I ended up going with flygon and manetric with a Raikou & Entei Legend Tech. It tested pretty well and I hoped to have a good run with it

Round 1: Sablelock
I started with a lone trapinch, he has ambipalm and goes first. He drops the DCE and hits me for 60 GG

0-1

Round 2: Empoleon
I got an amazing set up with my flygon being set up doing 100 by turn 2 I ran over his deck before he was able to take a prize

1-1

Round 3: Tangrowth
This is the same one I had played the day before, and yet again he got a horrible start. He got out 3 pokemon with powers that I was able to take prizes off of with the Raikou Entei card. Eventually it came down to 1 and 1 on prizes but I was able to take my last one. It was a well played game and I was glad to see him able to get set up again

2-1

Round 4: Gengar
While I did manage some prizes his fainting spell really hit me hard on my Legend card so I wasn't able to catch up

2-2

Round 5: Gengar
While I did pull ahead pretty while I made way too many missplays and lead myself right into a trap

2-3

So no I didn't do well but I still had an amazing day. I made Kyle laugh to the point of tears, several times. I got to get an AMAZING milkshake since we were right in Arby's.
I was glad to be able to have such an amazing weekend with no bitter moments even with my poor records.
I also got to see a good friend make his first top cut and finish out second :)
A.J. ran some really amazing tournaments and is an awesome friend.
Thanks go out to Stephen for driving me and Jacob home, and to his sister for being.. wel... Marry :p

So after a long, unwanted break from the game I am right back into it and ready to have a lot more fun. I've missed it terribley and will even be able to drive myself to tournaments soon.
As well as missing tournaments I have disappeared from the online community and plan to return as soon as possible and give back as much as possilbe.

See you all at Nationals!!! ~SOM

Back