Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

*SPOILER* League Season One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah121

Yesterday, when I went to League, our kit for the first season of League appeared in a manila envelope. Here is the SPOILER of the kit, minus scans.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Contents:
x16<?> RH Torchic (different picture, same stats as the "Fireworks" Torchic. Promo #008)
x8<?> WINNER Combusken (different picture, same stats as "Double Kick" Combusken. Promo #009).
x1 Jumbo Combusken "WINNER"
x1 Poster
x1 Window sticker to promote the League

Ack!! No!! You beat me to it!!! Oh well... the new Winner stamp is bigger than last ones... and on the pic.... With a pokeball.. thats all the info thats left from me... I guess...

Hmm... disappointing stuff. Ugh. No "Hoenn" badge books with Ruby/Sapphire Gym Leaders? No new badges? And just boring promos! I thought Nintendo wanted to improve League.. this is just BZ over again. Let's just hope the Ladder system is good. I should be.

Those stampers and books were annoying as heck. People always lost them or managed to purchase a stamper and go crazy with it. No thanks for me guys...

And those badges were expensive! Fhew, give me cards over any other gimmicks. Jumbos, Badges, Stickers, Tattoos, and other non-gaming product are nice for some, but give me something useful (like dice, binders, sleeves) and even for judges (timers, pens).
-Phil

Last edited:
We had a very simple answer to that problem at our League. We (the Gym Leaders) asked the kids to hand in their books after every session. When they couldn't take them home, they couldn't lose them or cheat.

I just hoped there would be more than "just Promo cards". The kids at our League found it more fun to have other goals than just the cards.

Based on this information I think its safe to assume that the next promos are Mudkip/Marshtop and Treeko/Grovyle.

The 16/8 card breakdown is the same as in the BattleZone kits; stores with larger leagues have the option to order multiple kits if needed.

'mom

Promo's are good it what keeps the collectors and the hard core players happy but I have to agree with Tego that just promo's can be boring but then again you can always augment with your own stuff..

So Pokemon cakes anyone? If you're in Kent today pop into the guild where you will get PokeCakes, a great Tourney and Promo prizes too...

We have had pokecakes, pokebiscuits, pokefootballs (soccer to you US guys), Pokeplushies and other pokemon related goodies as prizes heck we got PokePastaShapes as the boobyprize today!

Be inventive and cover all ages.. after all Mom and Dad like a cake too ;)

is it just me or does combusken look like he breaking wind?

anyways marril2k were in the boston aera do you guys and whats the store called? i used to live in massachuttes and am thinking of moving back down there or just for a place to play when im down there if im ever around would be cool.

Badge Books, badges, and green stampers appeal to the younger age group.

Th UK experience is that a hard core of older players keep the game alive but it is the 12- group that grows league size. The UK experience isn't universally true (thankfully), but as I have said before a one-size-fits-all policy on OP just doesn't work well.

The badges were great but were classified as jewelry by customs and hence attracted a high duty. So I'm not surprised that with pokémon no longer the cash cow it once was that the badges had to go. But the books and stampers are still a good idea.

Last edited:
oh .. nice .. i wish i had a league to attend to ..
i'm wondering about what promo #3-7 are .. hmmm ..
by the way noah, are the jumbo combusken #9 too?

GOROY said:
Only 16 Torchics and 8 Combuskens?
Is that enough for everyone at leagues? :confused:
The packs weren't opened, so the assumption was 16/8. I think the distribution was so, based on the similarity to BattleZone.

First the fire starters for a month, then water and grass? I hope we don't have to wait 3 months to see any new and exciting promo cards... but it seems like we'll have to.

Nice, I liked BZ, so I'll like this. Let's just hope it comes to Europe sometime soon. BTW is the rest of Europe getting BZ kits (RMewtwo & RHitmonchan) for 2 more seasons, or just Holland? Gives Nintendo plenty of time (till november) to get leagues set up for Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back