Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SPOILERS for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

RaNd0m

I know there's a topic on HP already... however this is a spoiler topic... so people can still talk about HP in the other thread without worrying about spoilers.

Ok. I'm going to go try to finish now... I'll be back with spoilers soon!

I found it weird how they could just whipe out a large character like that. But honestly, I don't see that person staying dead. I mean, that person was weak to begin with and probably cast a spell on itself to maybe put itself in a death-like stage. Next cover is going to have a grave with a arm sticking out of it lol. And I haven't read any books and have seen all the movies, but man Malfoy has turned from a school bully to a evil evil guy. For him to work for you know who must mean that he's sold his soul to the devil.

WEIRD

p.s. too much kissing and lovey dovey relationships.

R.A.B. ... I think it's Sirius Black's brother. I forgot his name but it started with R...

I don't know if I really thought it was a great book. It basically just finished off stuff from 1-5... and set us up for 7...

I'd like to say I PREDICTED who the Half-Blood Prince was... AND I predicted who died... BEFORE I read the book.

*SPOILER WARNING*

I also knew Snape was a bad guy. Jerk. Killing Dumbledore...

ok.
~ RaNd0m

You want a cookie Random?
It's not like you were the only one... LOL.

Anyways,

I was suprised that Snape killed him. It seemed so... easy. I mean, I know Dumbledore didn't have his wand and was weakened by the trip with Harry and everything but... you'd think he'd have SOMETHING, some last resort/back-up defense/trick up his sleeve. He was the greatest wizard in the world, c'mon! (R.I.P)

That R.A.B thing is bleepin' frustrating. Everbody assumes it stands for someone's name but watch Rowling make it to be something impossible for anyone to have figured out. -.-;

Last edited:
I still can't belive Dumbledore died. Concerning R.A.B., it COULD be Sirius's brother (Regulus A. Black, whatever A stands for), but as mentioned in OOTP, he was killed. So either he found a way to escape death somehow or R.A.B. is some new character yet to be revealed in the 7th Book. Also, it was kind of unsurprising Snape was the Half-blood Prince, I had put him on a list I made up of who might potentially be him.

Metagross_Ex said:
I still can't belive Dumbledore died. Concerning R.A.B., it COULD be Sirius's brother (Regulus A. Black, whatever A stands for), but as mentioned in OOTP, he was killed. So either he found a way to escape death somehow or R.A.B. is some new character yet to be revealed in the 7th Book. Also, it was kind of unsurprising Snape was the Half-blood Prince, I had put him on a list I made up of who might potentially be him.
well it doesnt matter when he died. he could have gotten the horcrux anytime before harry and dumbledore went there.

Prime said:
too much kissing and lovey dovey relationships.

Meh, I thought she worked it in really nicely at first (because there's got to be some of it), but yeah, it got out of control afterwards. That was really my only complaint with the book. I liked the sound of the word "snog" though. lol

I'm betting R.A.B. is a person, and it probably isn't Sirius's brother/cousin/thing. That would be too obvious. I couldn't believe Snape was the HBP and I couldn't believe Dumby was the one who had to go. Some pretty interesting plot twists in this one, and I bet Rowling'll just continue that style all the way through the seventh book. I bet Snape is R.A.B. This is DEFINITELY not the last we'll see of Snape after he killed Dumby. He's going to have the locket, I bet, and THAT'S how Rowling will fit him into the seventh book: Harry will have to kill him to get the final horcrux he needs before going on to face Voldemort.

As for the horcruxes, the list is like:
1) Riddle's diary [destroyed]
2) Morfin's ring [destroyed]
3) Nagini
4) Slytherin's locket
5) Hufflepuff's cup
6) Something of Ravenclaw's or Gryffindor's
7) Voldemort's own soul

Dumbledore said that he was sure that the only known relic of Gryffindor's was safe (Godric's sword). However, he was wrong about Snape, why couldn't he be wrong about the sword? Perhaps the sword IS the sixth horcrux, because I can't think of a single thing Riddle would make into a horcrux of Ravenclaw's. Nothing has been mentioned in the six books so far, and maybe something will pop up in the seventh, but I think it's probably the sword. It's had too much significance in the past (Chamber of Secrets) for Rowling to just trash it.

Nagini seemed to be the horcrux Dumbledore was most unsure of, but IMO, Nagini must be a horcrux. If a horcrux contains a piece of Voldemort's soul, that would explain why Harry saw Voldemort through the eyes of a snake in Order of the Phoenix: he was seeing through Voldemort's soul, which is directly connected to the snake now that it's a horcrux.

But the horcrux's must have been hidden. You saw how well the locket had been hidden before Dumby and Harry found it wasn't even real. Assuming Snape has the locket, and that Nagini is with Voldemort, and that the "Something of Ravenclaw's or Gryffindor's" is actually Godric's sword and is safe in Headmaster McGonagall's office, only Hufflepuff's cup is missing, and I'm betting Snape has that, too.

o_O Brain...hurt...head...explode...

Yeah.

What was Snape's nickname in school? Didn't they call him something? Perhaps that's R.A.B.?

I really like the relationships in the story. I've been hoping Ginny/Harry got together forever... and then she (Rowling) had to pull the whole Spiderman thing at the end... "I can't love you, or you'll die." Booooooooo!!!

~ RaNd0m

RaNd0m said:
What was Snape's nickname in school? Didn't they call him something? Perhaps that's R.A.B.?

Hmm...

*goes and fetches OotP*

It was "Snivelly" (OotP p646).

Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. Snape is R.A.B. and nothing (except the 7th book) will convince me otherwise.

ROFL at the Spiderman line. =)

Hey, that didn't stop MJ. Why let it stop Whinny? I just find it weird that if Harry marries Whinny, and Hermonie(sp? of course) marries the stupid guy, that they will all be related. Isn't Whinny the stupid guys sister?

Back