Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

St. Louis Regionals Going 2-Day April 16 - 17 th

meganium45

The location of the event - cause Jimmy said I was very dense for not putting this anywhere is:

Yeti Gaming
150 Crestwood Plaza
Crestwood (St. Louis) 63126

314-546-5451 is the phone number when you get spun around.

Literally, here is how it goes, you take 44/270 to Watson going East on Watson. You go down about 2 miles, and see a KOHLS on your Left. Past the intersection is Crestwood Court. DO NOT GET EXCITED and pull into the first entrance. Go down 2 entrances and pull in ACROSS FROM SCHNUCKS and BEST BUY. No, don't pull into Schnucks and Best Buy, turn LEFT. When you get to the stopsign at the bottom of the hill, make a Right and PARK! Enter the mall entrance there, and BASK IN THE GLORY!

There will be little signs directing you. There will be a lot of cars.

If you are looking at a map of the mall, we are right next to the Post Office.

There YOU go!

Vince

OH - and Registration begins at 9:00 am, but the doors open at about 8:00

There will be food on-site for your eating needs.

Swiss on one day, complete top cuts on day 2 is what we plan.

This will be held at Crestwood Court (Home of Yeti Gaming) and will be a crown jewel of Yeticon.2011.1

We are going to have Extra Events scheduled on Friday, starting at 2:00 pm, including 8 person pickups, win a box events, tin drafts, and other cool events!

We are going to have Extra Events scheduled on Satuday evening, after the swiss rounds.

Pokeball Dodgeball, Trivia contests, Art Contest, Attire Award (Thanks Texas for the Idea), and much more!

Sunday we are going to have not only the top cut, but drafts, tin events, an unlimited event, Win-A-Mat Events and so much more, along with the top cut.

Much more going on this weekend, and a MAJOR VENDOR there to purchase singles from not only Pokemon, but from Yugioh, Magic and World of Warcraft as well, commons all the way up!

This will be a weekend like no other in Pokemon.

If you miss it, you will have simply MISSED IT!

Woot and Chaw!

Vince

Last edited:
Awesome! Hopefully I'm in for this one. 2 day Regionals = JUDGESLEEPTIME!!!

Let's have some FUN with this one!

BTW, I'm hoping to be there when the festivities start on Friday. Hopefully with a carfull of guys. We'll see what happens...

I'd love to stop on by for this. Are you going to post more info on here or your main website? Stuff like start times, entry fees for side events, etc.

I am going to post the list in both places, website and right here.

I want to make sure there is a large enough variety and some cool different things for everyone to try out.

Also coordinating another game's events at the same time... (rhymes with moobeeeoooh) so it will be a massive epic post when it happens.

And there will be food onsite as well.

Did I mention food?

Pokemon! Rocks! Yeti!

V

This was amazing last year, but sadly, it is the same date as Arkansas's Forensics state tournament, so I can't go this year.

Attire award!?! Now I have to make clothes AND and art contest entry AND a winning deck!!?! Boy do I love side events!

Oh, and for those who are trying to think and go...last year was cool...

This year will be a 3-day Pokemon Extravaganza with all the best parts of last year (the main event, dodgeball, contests and the like) but much more added in!

The food will be better - the store will be better (it will be our 2nd year now)

There will be bring a friend bonuses!

The whole weekend will be off the hook.

There was ONE year (2004) where my event beat Pokemon Nationals as the non-worlds "Event of the Year" - this will be the 2nd year I get that title! - or it will not be for a lack of trying!

WE ALL live in a Pokemon World - Come see it the Yeti Way!!!

Regionals should be something special - in STL it IS!!!

Meganium45

Any new stores at the mall? Because my dad had trouble finding anything to do there last time. But great place as far as the tourney goes. Good amount of space. Fun enviornment. Can't wait. And 2 days kind of ruined some of my plans, but I still think it's a good choice in general.

MAJOR SIDE EVENT #1.

Ultimate Black and White Theme Deck Challenge!

So, you think you are good at sealed? Really?

Prove it to me, and the rest of the world at this pair of ELITE events!

Cost to play will be $30.00 (no I am NOT nuts)

Each entrant will receive ONE OF EACH of the Black and White Theme Decks! (3 Theme Decks)

The players will then make a 40 card deck using the cards from all 3 theme decks (with any additional basic energy they would like).

What makes this a REALLY COOL Event is that everyone is playing with the SAME 180 card pool, and you will have to really get creative to make your deck rock and stand up.

40 cards gives you a LOT of control over your deck...and some specific challenges too!

The winner of this event will be declared the 2011 Yeticon SEALED Champion, receive a copy of their choice of Pokemon Black, or Pokemon White, and a Custom Yeti Gaming Champion trophy and other great prizes.

Limited to the first 32 entrants.

You all want a fun challenging format, you GOT it!!

Meganium45

I'm surprised it's that CHEAP, Vince! $30 for all three PCDs, plus a grand prize of a BW videogame and a trophy? That's a bloody steal right there!

What makes this a REALLY COOL Event is that everyone is playing with the SAME 180 card pool, and you will have to really get creative to make your deck rock and stand up.

This sounds really cool, makes me wish I had a supplier to get theme decks off of. One question though, won't each of those decks have a pack of cards in it? Are they not allowed to use them or? Just going by what the last few sets decks had in them so I thought I would mention it.

Sounds cool though...

Derek, none of the packaging shows a pack of cards available, and the MSRP (back to the old price) leads me to believe that there will NOT be a pack a cards in this release.

Who knows, play nice with the St. Louis PTO, and we might find a way to get you some cheaper themes!

Vince

---------- Post added 03/10/2011 at 11:35 AM ----------

Major Side Event #2 - Rochester Draft

2 flights.

If you have never Rochestered before, this will be a TRUE test of your drafting ability.

Players are split into pods of 6 or 8, and draft 6 cards worth of packs.

2 packs opened at a time, face up, so EVERYONE at the table can see what you draft!

Entry fee for these drafts will be $20 with REALLY COOL prizes not just limited to packs for the winners!

Sets and other details to be determined - but there will be 2 different sets drafted!

Everyone loves to draft - but at a Regional - you get to ROCHESTER!!!

Not at all Regionals - just at THIS ONE!!!

---------- Post added 03/10/2011 at 11:38 AM ----------

Major Side Event #3 - WIN A MAT.

8 Player Pods and a MAT given to the Winner of each Pod. You will know the Mat you are playing for upon sign-up. Will be either the Great Ball, Ultra Ball, or Ho-oh/Lugia Mats that were OFFICIALLY produced by Pokemon.

$7 entry for these events, every player gets a pack for signing up, and the winner of the 3-round event, gets the COOL Pokemon Official Mat!

I have enough mats for a few of these events, but if you want to sell your extra mats you have lying around at home, I am OBVIOUSLY a buyer this weekend!

Modified - Constructed.

Friday and Sunday are when these events will be going on.

Wow sounds amazing. I guess I will be living in my car for two days so I can go to all of the events lol.
Also what time will Regional start on Saturday?

Doors open at 7:30 am on Saturday for the store for those last minute purchases of cards and sleeves.

Registation begins at 8:30 with some side events starting at that time (art contest turn-in, pokeball dodgeball)

Thanks

Vince

Back